Author Topic: The Bartcast  (Read 336048 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: The Bartcast
« Reply #1755 on: October 14, 2018, 09:20:46 PM »
Explain to me what the "spirit of this forum" is?  A supportive safe space (think the Jedi, Heather, or any of her fans think so?)  A place where you have to conform and not have differing opinions under penalty of expulsion?  A place where we don't challenge one another on what they "feel?"

I'm just not certain that I know what the spirit of any forum looks like.  I can agree that posting "white power" memes, racist crap, or other such junk is probably not in agreement with what the place is.  But I don't see anything that bad in what WhiteCrow posted- nor can I understand how the Richard Groyper is welcome... (I like him- but he would not appear to fit the "spirit of the forum.")

I thought (though I could be wrong) that Ellgab was set up as a forum to discuss various topics as opposed to a forum to all parrot the party line...
I have no idea. So far, I haven't been censored, to my knowledge, maybe a what-you-call-it shadowban? Kidding. Though, by some, maybe, considered bad due to my political opinions,  but I think, maybe, it is memes or posting pics? Or personal attacks? I haven't seen people banned. Some references to zoo, but not sure how, of if exists. My thread, that to the uneducated, might seem volatile about all the crimes by illegals still exists. So?

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
  • Run Airyn... Run and don't look back...
« Reply #1756 on: October 14, 2018, 09:41:46 PM »
I have no idea. So far, I haven't been censored, to my knowledge, maybe a what-you-call-it shadowban? Kidding. Though, by some, maybe, considered bad due to my political opinions,  but I think, maybe, it is memes or posting pics? Or personal attacks? I haven't seen people banned. Some references to zoo, but not sure how, of if exists. My thread, that to the uneducated, might seem volatile about all the crimes by illegals still exists. So?
Very few in the zoo...  I am not saying anything about how Bart runs the board.  This was in response to a poster who suggested that people need to post in the spirit of the forum if they are here- and I'm uncertain who gets to dictate what that spirit is...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1757 on: October 14, 2018, 09:55:47 PM »
Very few in the zoo...  I am not saying anything about how Bart runs the board.  This was in response to a poster who suggested that people need to post in the spirit of the forum if they are here- and I'm uncertain who gets to dictate what that spirit is...

As long as it is about Bart, it is in the spirit of the forum.
Are we having fun yet?

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #1758 on: October 15, 2018, 01:12:22 AM »

I'm just not certain that I know what the spirit of any forum looks like.  I can agree that posting "white power" memes, racist crap, or other such junk is probably not in agreement with what the place is.  But I don't see anything that bad in what WhiteCrow posted- nor can I understand how the Richard Groyper is welcome... (I like him- but he would not appear to fit the "spirit of the forum.")

I thought (though I could be wrong) that Ellgab was set up as a forum to discuss various topics as opposed to a forum to all parrot the party line...

Sounds like you do understand the spirit of the forum. Why does it have to make sense, why does it have to be described? Observing it or being around it for a while gives one a feeling of what is deemed ok.

I don’t think you can ascribe a particular set of behaviours, much the same as you can’t do that with most community driven places online.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #1759 on: October 15, 2018, 02:59:02 AM »
Thanks to everyone who listened last week and every week.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #1760 on: October 15, 2018, 02:59:56 AM »
Thanks to everyone who listened last week and every week.
you are welcome.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #1761 on: October 15, 2018, 03:06:32 AM »
Can people give you suggestions for guests on the bartcasts??

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1762 on: October 15, 2018, 03:20:26 AM »
Can people give you suggestions for guests on the bartcasts??

Yep! I'll demonstrate: HEY @BartEllProducer I recommend you look into getting Rush for an upcoming Bartcast! :)
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #1763 on: October 15, 2018, 03:28:24 AM »
Yep! I'll demonstrate: HEY @BartEllProducer I recommend you look into getting Rush for an upcoming Bartcast! :)
Ok, lets try this then. Hey @BartEllProducer can you get Ian Punnett and/or George Knapp on??

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #1764 on: October 15, 2018, 03:34:46 AM »

All of them?

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1765 on: October 15, 2018, 04:02:26 AM »
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1766 on: October 15, 2018, 04:23:20 AM »
There's more than one Rush?

Doesn't Rush bear at least some responsibility for Heatherzilla?  If it wasn't for her attending that concert, she wouldn't have visited Art on the way.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #1767 on: October 15, 2018, 04:25:25 AM »
Doesn't Rush bear at least some responsibility for Heatherzilla?  If it wasn't for her attending that concert, she wouldn't have visited Art on the way.

Tha bastards!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #1768 on: October 15, 2018, 04:39:36 AM »
Ok, lets try this then. Hey @BartEllProducer can you get Ian Punnett and/or George Knapp on??

Something that I’ve been working on for the future.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #1769 on: October 15, 2018, 04:45:06 AM »

That’s not impossible, but it may be a tough order.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.