Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838486 times)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #8280 on: January 13, 2023, 08:24:45 PM »

Is that her name? Myat? I don't hear the 't', I just hear Mya. Another sad old shut-in like all the rest of the regular callers. She sounds exactly like a character actress from the 80s who always played Brooklyn Jewish old ladies, had a regular role on the medical drama/comedy series 'St. Elsewhere'. Great show, the best hospital show ever produced.

hmm ...... I haven't heard Thomas from La Jolla in a while. Has anyone?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #8281 on: January 13, 2023, 08:30:49 PM »
Is that her name? Myat? I don't hear the 't', I just hear Mya. Another sad old shut-in like all the rest of the regular callers. She sounds exactly like a character actress from the 80s who always played Brooklyn Jewish old ladies, had a regular role on the medical drama/comedy series 'St. Elsewhere'. Great show, the best hospital show ever produced.

hmm ...... I haven't heard Thomas from La Jolla in a while. Has anyone?

Mrs. Hufnagel!!! Her death was the one of the funniest ever. Very Falkie-like.

I binged St. Elsewhere.  That show was gold, along with Hill Street Blues.

Thomas from La Jolla got rebuked/corrected/called out by a guest big time and I don't think I've heard from him since.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8282 on: January 13, 2023, 09:00:28 PM »

my memory sucks but my family loved that show, watched it religiously and talked about it. Did Mrs. Hufnagel die in some accident in the hospital like with her bed?
All I remember is the Ed Begley character wise cracking 'Hufnagel on the half-shell'.

I had a cool moment on the Internet about 5 years ago, 'St Elsewhere' for some reason was 'trending' so I replied to the tweet that was getting alot of replies/likes with my homage to St Elsewhere - not long after the executive producer Mark Tinker messaged me and thanked me for what I said about the show, he said he was glad others remembered it and thought it was as special as he did.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8283 on: January 13, 2023, 09:05:25 PM »
This is NOT a spoiler...
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

It was CLASSIC TV.

I think I watched it on Prime... Maybe Hulu.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8284 on: January 13, 2023, 09:21:39 PM »

hahaha my memory wasn't so bad, her hospital bed crushed her in half.

i wish doctors had the humanity of some of the St Elsewhere docs. Pretty much every doctor I've encountered in my adult life has been an asshole or had no personality at all. My dentist who's long dead was amazing though. Special man.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8285 on: January 13, 2023, 10:24:32 PM »
Myat's voice sounds exactly like the old lady Juno the caseworker in the movie Beetlejuice:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8286 on: January 14, 2023, 12:37:57 AM »

wacky old broad called in, Punnett is hosting - kept going on about some middle aged dude who 'looks like, well he's a clone of Ricky Nelson with gray hair', she's 72 and apparently having sex with him. She was also on the Gong Show 8 times. listening to her, I don't doubt it, the Gong Show liked wackjobs.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8287 on: January 14, 2023, 12:57:34 AM »
wacky old broad called in, Punnett is hosting - kept going on about some middle aged dude who 'looks like, well he's a clone of Ricky Nelson with gray hair', she's 72 and apparently having sex with him. She was also on the Gong Show 8 times. listening to her, I don't doubt it, the Gong Show liked wackjobs.

Shame I'm missing that... 🤣
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8288 on: January 14, 2023, 01:32:52 AM »

Before that she told about getting messages from Princess Diana...

At least Ian gets new wacko callers since he blocks the sad pack regulars like Cornelius!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8289 on: January 14, 2023, 01:40:10 AM »
hahaha my memory wasn't so bad, her hospital bed crushed her in half.

i wish doctors had the humanity of some of the St Elsewhere docs. Pretty much every doctor I've encountered in my adult life has been an asshole or had no personality at all. My dentist who's long dead was amazing though. Special man.
I say what do you expect from anyone willing to go through the sleep deprivation of their residency time.  Anyone willing to do that is just plain stupid.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8290 on: January 14, 2023, 01:42:15 AM »
Noory lets those regular callers drone on with their drivel, while when a new caller with an interesting story finally gets on, he cuts them off fast!
Kind of makes you wonder what he's really doing....  I never let my customers drone for long because our call center had metrics/stats/productivity requirements.  However, the times I did let them drone on, I was writing out my bills...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8291 on: January 14, 2023, 01:46:56 AM »
Before that she told about getting messages from Princess Diana...

At least Ian gets new wacko callers since he blocks the sad pack regulars like Cornelius!

i heard her keeping talking about Diana but wasn't listening that closely until she got going on her Ricky Nelson with gray hair boy toy.

Ian is having one of Noory's regulars on tomorrow night, Glynnis McCant the Numbers Lady. He claims her predictions for the Royal Family have been dead on.

Predicting the death of 96 year old queens and a 'B' half black Hollywood actress marrying into the Royal Family causing major drama, that takes special skills. :o

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #8292 on: January 14, 2023, 06:24:00 AM »
i heard her keeping talking about Diana but wasn't listening that closely until she got going on her Ricky Nelson with gray hair boy toy.

Ian is having one of Noory's regulars on tomorrow night, Glynnis McCant the Numbers Lady. He claims her predictions for the Royal Family have been dead on.

Predicting the death of 96 year old queens and a 'B' half black Hollywood actress marrying into the Royal Family causing major drama, that takes special skills. :o
Punnett and the numbers nut. What a combination.  ::) At least Punnett only does her for an hour.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #8293 on: January 14, 2023, 06:39:08 AM »
Punnett and the numbers nut. What a combination. 

That's two tons of fun right there!  Not sure what their combined poundage on the hoof would be but it is a big number.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #8294 on: January 14, 2023, 06:58:05 AM »
That's two tons of fun right there!  Not sure what their combined poundage on the hoof would be but it is a big number.

👏👏👏