Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838626 times)

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #9945 on: January 11, 2024, 01:27:21 PM »
Noory's Ian Punnett tribute ended up being just like his previous so-called "tributes"
Noory would spend a minute or less introducing a tape of a part of an old Ian interview each half hour. 
No callers and the only guests were Ian's wife and PremRat staff like Tommy and Lisa, who each just mentioned Ian for a minute or so.
He could have pre-recorded his tape clips introductions too, taking a nap for the last 2 hours of the show.
I figured they would pick Jason the Horse as one of Ian's past interview clips to play, and they did!

At the start Noory tried to summarize Ian's c2cam history and wasn't even sure of the year he started (1998) and his history only went up to 2004 or so, and didn't mention when Ian left due to tinnitus and later returned, or when he was replaced on weekends with Art Bell when he returned and they gave him an early Sat night show instead...

Haven't heard this yet, but will this weekend.  Last week a caller told George he was looking forward to calling in and relating some some of his favorite Ian stories/programs during the tribute show. George kinda stumbled/bumbled his response, led me to believe there would be no callers.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9946 on: January 11, 2024, 01:50:28 PM »
Haven't heard this yet, but will this weekend.  Last week a caller told George he was looking forward to calling in and relating some some of his favorite Ian stories/programs during the tribute show. George kinda stumbled/bumbled his response, led me to believe there would be no callers.

George hasn't figured out to connect the Bluetooth in his electric car.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9947 on: January 11, 2024, 05:06:37 PM »
Noory's Ian Punnett tribute ended up being just like his previous so-called "tributes"
Noory would spend a minute or less introducing a tape of a part of an old Ian interview each half hour. 
No callers and the only guests were Ian's wife and PremRat staff like Tommy and Lisa, who each just mentioned Ian for a minute or so.
He could have pre-recorded his tape clips introductions too, taking a nap for the last 2 hours of the show.
I figured they would pick Jason the Horse as one of Ian's past interview clips to play, and they did!

At the start Noory tried to summarize Ian's c2cam history and wasn't even sure of the year he started (1998) and his history only went up to 2004 or so, and didn't mention when Ian left due to tinnitus and later returned, or when he was replaced on weekends with Art Bell when he returned and they gave him an early Sat night show instead...

George doesn't handle these shows well, he can't be good at everything!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9948 on: January 11, 2024, 11:09:46 PM »
George doesn't handle these shows well, he can't be good at everything!

I totally missed the replay. Eh... Ian would have made a much better effort if shitnoory died. Asshole.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9949 on: January 12, 2024, 07:18:17 AM »

what did Ian's wife say?

haven't listened lately, the guests kill it for me, i enjoy Noory's idiocy, laziness and banality in a perverse way but the guests and scam ads just make me sick

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #9950 on: January 12, 2024, 07:59:08 AM »
So the first half of the show tonight is on tattoo removal?  WTF is up with that?

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #9951 on: January 12, 2024, 08:02:44 AM »

I don't know if you're familiar with Tim Binnall, but he has a podcast called Binnall of America. He was talking about Ian last week and said that when his father died Ian reached out to him, even though they didn't really know each other at the time. Everyone is agreed that he was a genuinely nice guy.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9952 on: January 12, 2024, 08:33:38 AM »
I don't know if you're familiar with Tim Binnall, but he has a podcast called Binnall of America. He was talking about Ian last week and said that when his father died Ian reached out to him, even though they didn't really know each other at the time. Everyone is agreed that he was a genuinely nice guy.
I can believe that.  On the other hand, he could take the piss out of inane callers/guests with relish.  I remember him shredding regular callers Louise/Cleopatra, Mike the Millennial, and Joseph from Monterrey. He also tore one of the moon landing conspiracy loons a new asshole.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #9953 on: January 12, 2024, 08:46:21 AM »
I can believe that.  On the other hand, he could take the piss out of inane callers/guests with relish.  I remember him shredding regular callers Louise/Cleopatra, Mike the Millennial, and Joseph from Monterrey. He also tore one of the moon landing conspiracy loons a new asshole.

He mixed it up pretty good with Steve Quayle on one show. I think Quayle went rogue as he does and Punnett slammed him pretty good. If I remember right, I think they made Punnett apologize.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9954 on: January 12, 2024, 08:53:57 AM »
He mixed it up pretty good with Steve Quayle on one show. I think Quayle went rogue as he does and Punnett slammed him pretty good. If I remember right, I think they made Punnett apologize.

I'd forgotten about that, but I remember him apologizing.  I always wanted to hear Ian on with Joshua P Warren, that would have been fun.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #9955 on: January 12, 2024, 08:59:59 AM »

As I recall it was supposed to be an interview about survivalists but Quayle did what he always does and started ranting like a madman and Ian tried to rein him in. Quayle didn't know what to do with an interviewer who actually listened to what he was saying and challenged him on his BS.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9956 on: January 12, 2024, 09:09:24 AM »
Maybe, just maybe, Ian's Greatest Hits will circulate. It be kind of fun to have him interspersed with some of the Art Bell streamers.

Syrett might be the obvious heir apparent to the show, but 18 years ago, it would have been Ian, right?
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9957 on: January 13, 2024, 03:20:01 PM »
Several years ago, a caller mispronounced Linda Moulton Howe's name, the result being somewhat vulgar.  Can't remember if she was on that night, but I know it went over George's head.  Anyone remember how the caller referred to her?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #9958 on: January 13, 2024, 04:16:31 PM »
Linda Mountain Ho.  He did it at least twice and the second time he pronounced it very clearly and slowly as though he was astounded sNoory didn't get it the first time.  Being sNoory, he didn't get it the second time either.  I'm pretty sure she was not on.
Merry Christmas

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9959 on: January 13, 2024, 04:32:38 PM »
Linda Mountain Ho.  He did it at least twice and the second time he pronounced it very clearly and slowly as though he was astounded sNoory didn't get it the first time.  Being sNoory, he didn't get it the second time either.  I'm pretty sure she was not on.

Yep, that's it.  Thanks, Juan.