Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597539 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #2550 on: March 13, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »
Pretty guitar
@anniem Annie I'm not sure what you're referring to..   "pretty' guitar?  I don't think I have any pretty  guitars.. ???

Pictured below is baby Garth. We had him for ten days and had to give him back to the breeder as he had a problem heart and would be on medication for all his life. We got him the same week we picked up Vera back in 2013. We had just lost our dog/family member King Henry who was 11 and having a dog on meds after what we had been through seemed overwhelming at the time. We still feel bad about taking him back..  Garth was/IS a Great white Pyrenees - Bernese Mountain dog cross. He would have been even bigger than Vera and his markings were beautiful. I will also include a baby Vera picture so I can start the weekend off on an adorable note.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2551 on: March 13, 2020, 03:49:42 PM »
@anniem Annie I'm not sure what you're referring to..   "pretty' guitar?  I don't think I have any pretty  guitars.. ???
Pictured below is baby Garth. We had him for ten days and had to give him back to the breeder as he had a problem heart and would be on medication for all his life. We got him the same week we picked up Vera back in 2013. We had just lost our dog/family member King Henry who was 11 and having a dog on meds after what we had been through seemed overwhelming at the time. We still feel bad about taking him back..  Garth was/IS a Great white Pyrenees - Bernese Mountain dog cross. He would have been even bigger than Vera and his markings were beautiful. I will also include a baby Vera picture so I can start the weekend off on an adorable note.

I think you had a guitar as your avatar, and it was a pretty one.
Wonderful photos! So sorry you had to take Garth back, but I can understand it. Before we got Boodles we had a cat who required meds and it does seem overwhelming to manage. Boodie was fine for months before we found she had genetically shallow groves under her patellas, causing dislocations. Plus it was fixed with surgery, not the same as a cardiac issue requiring meds.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2552 on: March 13, 2020, 07:39:21 PM »
I think you had a guitar as your avatar, and it was a pretty one.
Wonderful photos! So sorry you had to take Garth back, but I can understand it. Before we got Boodles we had a cat who required meds and it does seem overwhelming to manage. Boodie was fine for months before we found she had genetically shallow groves under her patellas, causing dislocations. Plus it was fixed with surgery, not the same as a cardiac issue requiring meds.

OMG could she BE anymore adorable? LOL  :)  Pups like Boodie are lucky to be born in certain countries where health conditions can be dealt with and taken care of by deserving "Clients"/Us.

Once in awhile we drive by the breeders house where we got Garth just to catch a glimpse of him running around and all happy as if to say to us "your loss, assholes" He's a giant wonderful Muppet looking beast.  :)  Glad the breeder kept him and yeah it is our loss.

PS Vera Hates! her vet and we actually have to drug her now in order to take her in for checkups. It was a shitty experience having to wrestle a very uncooperative usually friendly 145lb beast into a position where the vet could do her thing.  :-\

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #2553 on: March 13, 2020, 08:56:24 PM »
Anyone who has had a pet (me included) knows what this is like! 😁

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2554 on: March 13, 2020, 09:03:31 PM »
OMG could she BE anymore adorable? LOL  :) 

Thanks!

Pups like Boodie are lucky to be born in certain countries where health conditions can be dealt with and taken care of by deserving "Clients"/Us.

Yup. She had an odd thing where if there was a noise to the left of us, she would look to the right. Before we fixed her knees we had that checked out because really, if the hearing problem was due to a deadly brain thing why put her through ortho surgery?  The final was said to be a virus in her auditory system because the MRI and CT scans showed nothing. Her back issue was misdiagnosed, but all better now after another CT scan and meds. She isn't on meds now, she is just a regular puppeh who likes feather pillows.

Once in awhile we drive by the breeders house where we got Garth just to catch a glimpse of him running around and all happy as if to say to us "your loss, assholes" He's a giant wonderful Muppet looking beast.  :)  Glad the breeder kept him and yeah it is our loss.

No telling how it would have gone. Nice the he is happy though. Glad you can see that!

PS Vera Hates! her vet and we actually have to drug her now in order to take her in for checkups. It was a shitty experience having to wrestle a very uncooperative usually friendly 145lb beast into a position where the vet could do her thing.  :-\

Sorry to hear that. Boodie does exceptionally well at the vet. She's a tail wagger, seems to like the staff. We just had her teeth cleaned, and it was so much fun when we picked her up and they brought her to us, so happy and tail wagging madly.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2556 on: March 16, 2020, 11:26:54 AM »
I really wish that people would put some thought into the way they throw the words love, and hate around in such petty ways. I don't really "love" a thick well constructed meat monster pizza but I do take great enjoyment in devouring one every so often just like I do not actually "hate" millennials, I just seem to feel better when they're not around.

When you tell someone you hate them it should really cut them to the bone but now hate doesn't sound any worse than telling someone they annoy you. I can honestly say that I Hate justin trudeau.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #2557 on: March 16, 2020, 12:04:51 PM »
I really wish that people would put some thought into the way they throw the words love, and hate around in such petty ways. I don't really "love" a thick well constructed meat monster pizza but I do take great enjoyment in devouring one every so often just like I do not actually "hate" millennials, I just seem to feel better when they're not around.

When you tell someone you hate them it should really cut them to the bone but now hate doesn't sound any worse than telling someone they annoy you. I can honestly say that I Hate justin trudeau.

Well then! I'll just take my adorableness back to the cat thread.

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2558 on: March 16, 2020, 01:32:25 PM »

@Spookcat Why would you do that? It's perfectly normal to "LOVE" your pets and MOST family members :)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2559 on: March 16, 2020, 01:45:16 PM »

I just love this post.

or do I?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2560 on: March 16, 2020, 01:46:45 PM »

You don't seem like a millennial.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2561 on: March 16, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »
I just love this post.

or do I?

I hate when that happens.
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2562 on: March 16, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »
I hate when that happens.

How are you, and where are you?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2563 on: March 16, 2020, 02:56:07 PM »
How are you, and where are you?

I’m still in Silverthorne.  We have this place rented until Thursday but we plan on checking out Wednesday to get on the road before a snowstorm expected on Thursday.  Went to a grocery store today and it was almost picked clean of meat.  All I wanted was some salmon to make some of my favorite Thai soup.  I’ve been cooking mostly Thai food since we got here a week ago.  Ate Panang curry chicken yesterday with eggplant and snap peas.  Turned out really good. For lunch today I made Tom Yum soup with an obscene amount of various gourmet mushrooms. 

I still have some leftover spaghetti sauce I made with hot Italian sausage.  It was really good too. 

I bought some of those tupperware bowls/lids at the store. I’ll have several meals prepared for the trip back home in case we get stranded somewhere without a decent restaurant. I am only planning for a two day trip back home. Reserved a room in Amarillo for Wednesday night and should make it home by about 9pm Thursday night. 

As long as I can still find 3-4 gas stations open along the way I should be fine. 
Are we having fun yet?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2564 on: March 16, 2020, 08:21:30 PM »
I just love this post.

or do I?
Yes.
?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.