Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597989 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #3015 on: July 31, 2020, 06:11:43 AM »
Little guy was thirsty!

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #3016 on: July 31, 2020, 05:54:47 PM »
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3017 on: July 31, 2020, 06:23:10 PM »
Little guy was thirsty!

Falkie Squirrel.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3018 on: July 31, 2020, 10:09:06 PM »
We made an offer on a lakehouse and I'm optimistic that the "motivated" seller will bite hard.

A few issues:  The main thing being that with the exception of the tiled kitchen and bathrooms it, the house, is carpeted throughout! Yuck!

Here are a few shots of what is the living room or "great room" overlooking the lake. I will rip the carpet out immediately and install wood. Beautiful wood!  My problem is which way to run it.. the new floor. I want to run it front to back thus ELLonigating the room/main floor towards the lake rather than left to right. Somebody is fighting me tooth n nail on this. Am I wrong? can't be!!

I'M A FUCKING PROFESSIONAL!!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3019 on: July 31, 2020, 10:14:38 PM »
We made an offer on a lakehouse and I'm optimistic that the "motivated" seller will bite hard.

A few issues:  The main thing being that with the exception of the tiled kitchen and bathrooms it, the house, is carpeted throughout! Yuck!

Here are a few shots of what is the living room or "great room" overlooking the lake. I will rip the carpet out immediately and install wood. Beautiful wood!  My problem is which way to run it.. the new floor. I want to run it front to back thus ELLonigating the room/main floor towards the lake rather than left to right. Somebody is fighting me tooth n nail on this. Am I wrong? can't be!!

Yes, I think having the wood going AT the fireplace would be less better than it going across the fireplace.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3020 on: July 31, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »
Yes, I think having the wood going AT the fireplace would be less better than it going across the fireplace.
Pick a fucking side, Annie. You agree with her so just say it!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3021 on: July 31, 2020, 10:19:40 PM »
I take it back. My old house goes across the fireplace, the new one goes at the fireplace. Although the new house floor is fairly light in color. I NEED SOME SAMPLE PHOTOS OF FLOORS AND FIREPLACES.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3022 on: July 31, 2020, 10:20:54 PM »

Simple compromise:  diagonal

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3023 on: July 31, 2020, 10:21:30 PM »
I take it back. My old house goes across the fireplace, the new one goes at the fireplace. Although the new house floor is fairly light in color. I NEED SOME SAMPLE PHOTOS OF FLOORS AND FIREPLACES.
Darling. The bigger picture is the lake and how the floor...  ah fuckit!  g'night!!!!!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3024 on: July 31, 2020, 10:22:00 PM »
If it isn't a kitchen then women should not have a say.
Ok, I lied.
Kitchen or laundry room.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3025 on: July 31, 2020, 10:32:40 PM »
Darling. The bigger picture is the lake and how the floor...  ah fuckit!  g'night!!!!!

WHAT I'M TRYING TO HELP

;D ;D ;D

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3026 on: July 31, 2020, 10:43:09 PM »

Towards the lake window. Thank you.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3027 on: August 01, 2020, 01:05:37 AM »
Simple compromise:  diagonal
You just potentially cost me about $1500. worth of flooring just to cover waste. But yes, 45ing is always an option.     Can be very extremely monumentally right on dadio aesthetically pleasing.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3028 on: August 01, 2020, 10:23:41 AM »
Parque.

Herringbone.

Always go with parallel to the source of light.  You could do borders a la This Old House.
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3029 on: August 03, 2020, 05:17:20 AM »

Well I am sure you *can* be wrong but you are not in this particular case. Dig in on this one a bit or you will endf up having to rip it out and redo it down the road once the reality sets in. 

Oh and nice!  Hope it works out. That is almost @WhiteCrow esque!