Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597977 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #3330 on: February 02, 2021, 07:33:17 PM »
That bird has a brighter future than Slobbo!

Lol

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3331 on: February 09, 2021, 09:35:16 AM »
Jehovah’s Witnesses

5 of the 7 men my wife employs are JW's.  Due to covid and limitations on gatherings at their churches members are asked to host zoom meetings from home. Each member must donate two hours a day for two full weeks. This is really slowing down production at work and some heads might roll......  yesterday after a few rather stern ultimatums were individually handed down one of them took his lunch break and came back and placed a large bouquet of flowers on her desk accompanied with a note. Haven't read it but I assume it's a suck-up thank you for being so great to us note.

NOTE: Unless they're outside in the yard, she hates flowers.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3332 on: February 09, 2021, 09:39:28 AM »
... Each member must donate two hours a day for two full weeks....

To do what?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3333 on: February 09, 2021, 09:43:59 AM »
To do what?
Like conduct mini sermons ETC. Support in general.  Really, really nice guys but they are slaves dedicated to their church and community.

Must remain in good standing.
And there's that HELL thing too.. :-\

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #3334 on: February 09, 2021, 10:07:31 AM »
I kind of feel sorry for the other two not JWs having to work with them. Hopefully they are Mormons and a big fight breaks out at lunch every day
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3335 on: February 09, 2021, 10:09:39 AM »
I kind of feel sorry for the other for the other two not JWs having too work with them. Hopefully they are Mormons and a big fight breaks out at lunch every day
Nah, their just a couple o' farm-boy types. Ya' know?  Good ol boys!

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #3336 on: February 09, 2021, 10:12:13 AM »
Nah, their just a couple o' farm-boy types. Ya' know?  Good ol boys!

I didn't know there was any of them left. Oh. Right. Canada
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3337 on: February 09, 2021, 11:07:28 AM »
Jehovah’s Witnesses

5 of the 7 men my wife employs are JW's. 

I'm so sorry.  :'(

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3338 on: February 09, 2021, 11:38:01 AM »
Oh, oh, oh...

JWs like to play divide and conquer. A woman will flirty fish with a married man, they'll hook the wife up with some cute guy and they'll slowly wear them down, or try to.

It's kind of like flirty fishing, but in a way it's way more blatant. Funny thing is, nobody else can get into heaven. Why do they try so hard if the results are not even heaven?

I think they have a monthly quota 😲😲😲
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3339 on: February 09, 2021, 12:10:11 PM »
Oh, oh, oh...

JWs like to play divide and conquer. A woman will flirty fish with a married man, they'll hook the wife up with some cute guy and they'll slowly wear them down, or try to.

It's kind of like flirty fishing, but in a way it's way more blatant. Funny thing is, nobody else can get into heaven. Why do they try so hard if the results are not even heaven?

Well they certainly wouldn't try any of the flirty fishing with her because they'd be out on their ass and they know better.

I believe you are correct about the quota.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3340 on: February 09, 2021, 01:25:03 PM »
Well they certainly wouldn't try any of the flirty fishing with her because they'd be out on their ass and they know better.

I believe you are correct about the quota.

Do they play Prince music at the office?  😁

Sorry, had to.
Eh, nevermind...

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3341 on: February 09, 2021, 02:47:00 PM »
Jehovah’s Witnesses

5 of the 7 men my wife employs are JW's.  Due to covid and limitations on gatherings at their churches members are asked to host zoom meetings from home. Each member must donate two hours a day for two full weeks. This is really slowing down production at work and some heads might roll......  yesterday after a few rather stern ultimatums were individually handed down one of them took his lunch break and came back and placed a large bouquet of flowers on her desk accompanied with a note. Haven't read it but I assume it's a suck-up thank you for being so great to us note.

NOTE: Unless they're outside in the yard, she hates flowers.

Why does the 2 hour requirement have anything to do with work? That 2 hours should be done from their homes, I would think.
Ditto on the flowers.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3342 on: February 09, 2021, 02:57:28 PM »
Oh, oh, oh...

I use to work with a lady in the jw. I remember asking her about the transfusion thing, because I thought it was awful when we had patients who were jw knowing that if they were to hemorrhage, we would have to simply watch them die. There was something in the bible that made them reject transfusions. I could not get a good answer though as to why they interpreted that bit in the bible to be about transfusions when there were no transfusions when that was written and it did not say "transfusion are bad". Seems like an unwise choice to me. Anyway, the religion did require lots and lots of hours.
Another thing I recall not caring for was that the church required that she "shun" her younger brother because he was living with a woman. The shun lasted many years and I thought that was a sad terrible waste of time she could have spent with him. Finally, he married the woman and all was right with the world, the shunning was over. Nine months later he was diagnosed with kidney cancer and was dead about 6 months later.
Lots of wasted years.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3343 on: February 09, 2021, 03:42:19 PM »
Funny, JWs called Michael Jackson and Prince brothers but their lives were quite contradictory to their hangups.  Somebody was getting rich... All in the promise of getting your name in a supernatural book. Not even heaven.

Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!