Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597963 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #3345 on: February 09, 2021, 04:08:23 PM »
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3346 on: February 09, 2021, 06:29:29 PM »
Why does the 2 hour requirement have anything to do with work? That 2 hours should be done from their homes, I would think.
Ditto on the flowers.
@anniem The two hour Zooms per day were being done from home - during work hours. Meaning they would take off at whatever time and return to finish up the day whenever they got back. They have deadlines to meet and all the religious fuckery was impeding their productivity.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3347 on: February 09, 2021, 06:37:40 PM »
@anniem The two hour Zooms per day were being done from home - during work hours. Meaning they would take off at whatever time and return to finish up the day whenever they got back. They have deadlines to meet and all the religious fuckery was impeding their productivity.

That's crazy. They accepted jobs with defined hours. How can they take off in the middle to do anything!
I must be old fashioned.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3348 on: February 09, 2021, 06:53:41 PM »

Don't you want to go to heaven?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3349 on: February 09, 2021, 09:19:58 PM »
Don't you want to go to heaven?

JW's heaven is full...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3350 on: February 09, 2021, 09:47:01 PM »
That's crazy. They accepted jobs with defined hours. How can they take off in the middle to do anything!
I must be old fashioned.
You're not old fashioned.   She gave them an inch and they tried for a mile ;D   She's put an abrupt stop to it. She is an extremely effective yeller ;D

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3351 on: February 09, 2021, 09:51:30 PM »
You're not old fashioned.   She gave them an inch and they tried for a mile ;D   She's put an abrupt stop to it. She is an extremely effective yeller ;D

Non-believers are servants to the whims of the JWs.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3352 on: February 09, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »
Non-believers are servants to the whims of the JWs.
No. You don't know her. Seriously. She has their finances in her hands and doesn't fuck around. She was being nice during the slow time in January.

The End.

PS  they love their whiskey.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3354 on: February 10, 2021, 01:24:54 PM »
No. You don't know her. Seriously. She has their finances in her hands and doesn't fuck around. She was being nice during the slow time in January.

The End.

PS  they love their whiskey.

I wasn't saying that she was cooperating, that is just their general opinion about the rest of the world. JWs don't mind seeing the destruction of non-members. It is their whole divide and conquer attitude.

Kind of like Muslims, if lying gets their agenda accomplished, they act as if God allows them to lie. Or at least that's the attitude they've taken in the multiple times I've encountered them.

Eh, nevermind...

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #3355 on: February 10, 2021, 03:08:42 PM »
Jehovah’s Witnesses

5 of the 7 men my wife employs are JW's.  Due to covid and limitations on gatherings at their churches members are asked to host zoom meetings from home. Each member must donate two hours a day for two full weeks. This is really slowing down production at work and some heads might roll......  yesterday after a few rather stern ultimatums were individually handed down one of them took his lunch break and came back and placed a large bouquet of flowers on her desk accompanied with a note. Haven't read it but I assume it's a suck-up thank you for being so great to us note.

NOTE: Unless they're outside in the yard, she hates flowers.
On the upside she doesn't need to worry about birthday cakes or celebrations on company time. Silver lining?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3356 on: February 10, 2021, 03:09:41 PM »
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3357 on: February 10, 2021, 03:10:53 PM »
On the upside she doesn't need to worry about birthday cakes or celebrations on company time. Silver lining?

That reminds me, don't they have a propensity to bring a kind of housewarming gift every time they visit? For some reason that seems to have been the case. I don't know what the motivation was, a return gift for your hospitality? Maybe it's influenced by some sort of old Jewish tradition. I dunno!
Eh, nevermind...

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3358 on: February 10, 2021, 03:13:06 PM »
I use to work with a lady in the jw. I remember asking her about the transfusion thing, because I thought it was awful when we had patients who were jw knowing that if they were to hemorrhage, we would have to simply watch them die. There was something in the bible that made them reject transfusions. I could not get a good answer though as to why they interpreted that bit in the bible to be about transfusions when there were no transfusions when that was written and it did not say "transfusion are bad". Seems like an unwise choice to me. Anyway, the religion did require lots and lots of hours.
Another thing I recall not caring for was that the church required that she "shun" her younger brother because he was living with a woman. The shun lasted many years and I thought that was a sad terrible waste of time she could have spent with him. Finally, he married the woman and all was right with the world, the shunning was over. Nine months later he was diagnosed with kidney cancer and was dead about 6 months later.
Lots of wasted years.

:'(
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #3359 on: February 11, 2021, 09:26:02 AM »