Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597850 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #3690 on: May 28, 2021, 10:55:36 AM »
Look at that nose addition!
Warts up with that?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dunno. I just don't know. Sharona seems fine.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #3691 on: May 28, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »
Baseball has become unwatchable on so many levels.  How much were the tickets, parking, dog, and a beer to go see that?

I was flipping through the stations the other day and thought I heard the guy on the sports station say there were 3 teams that had more hits than strikeouts.  I don't know if that's true, but we all see the batting averages and number of strikeouts - they're not even putting the ball in play.

@PB I took my daughter on a trip to Chicago for a 5 day trip to show her where I grew up and took her to 2 games at Wrigley Field. Which is in the middle of a neighborhood where there isn’t any “official” parking. The lot I used was probably 6 blocks away. It cost $50 each day. I splurged for the best field box tickets I could find on stubhub. They were about $200 per seat per game.

I don’t drink and I told her she would have to buy her own beer. We had a great time but it was very expensive. I have been a guest at several Astros games, mainly playoff games. But I never have sat in at a world’s series game. I tried to buy tickets in 2016 but there wasn’t enough money in my name to snag a seat. I used to really enjoy watching baseball. I was a bleacher bum as a kid when open seating in the bleachers was $1. My gf had a dream of seeing a game in every park. We probably went to 15 different ballparks but haven’t sought out a new one in years. She would go to several Astros games a year with her family. I can’t stand the crowd. She gave up on baseball entirely when the Astros got caught cheating.

When I was stationed in Omaha in 79-82, I used to get general admission tickets to the entire college World Series games for a total of about $25-$30.  You can’t get into a single game at the new Rosenblatt stadium for that now. But saw some really good athletes that went on to star in the majors. Used to watch a bunch of AAA baseball there too with the Omaha Royals. In 1981 I really went overboard riding the crap out of Bobby Bonds who was trying to hang around baseball. His kid wasn’t playing yet. He played for the Wichita Aeros in between stints with the Cubs. I had him pretty riled up. Glad I didn’t run into him after the game. Kinda still feel bad about that night, but the Omaha Royals were pretty good that year and after all they were the home team.
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3692 on: May 28, 2021, 11:07:41 AM »
Dunno. I just don't know. Sharona seems fine.

I have that album. The Knack played a few times in 1980 at a bar just outside the base gate in Bellevue, Nebraska.
Are we having fun yet?

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #3693 on: May 28, 2021, 11:17:05 AM »
Look at that nose addition!
Warts up with that?

Colon polyps of the face.  Yikes

Damn, time does bad things,  ZZ top girls are best left as memories.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3694 on: May 28, 2021, 11:24:18 AM »
This is bad. I've got shit to do for work, yet I am trying to see how the years have treated the Girl's School Goddess

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3695 on: May 28, 2021, 12:11:45 PM »
This is bad. I've got shit to do for work, yet I am trying to see how the years have treated the Girl's School Goddess

@Walks_At_Night see what you stirred up for the clickacy?

https://www.lastresortrecovery.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx8-l8Int8AIV4ohbCh3E3AuZEAEYASAAEgKUM_D_BwE
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3697 on: May 28, 2021, 01:08:31 PM »
I wish I did not see this.
I bet @ShayP now does, too.
@Walks_At_Night is probably heartbroken. He seems like the kind of perv who had alone time with that cover.

You are right. @Bart Ell I wish I hadn't seen that.  I did worry for a split second because initially I thought this may have something to do with Markie Post.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3698 on: May 28, 2021, 01:21:00 PM »
@ShayP the Pirates may very well cemented Kris Bryant’s future with the Cubs during this season. He’s their hottest commodity as far as trade talks because he can play third, all the outfield and 1b, is a long ball hitter with a .320 average and can run the bases exceptionally well for a guy that is 6’5”. There have been trade talks ever since Spring training and almost everyone agrees that if the Cubs were out of the running they would look at this as a rebuilding opportunity, especially since they let Yu Darvish go during the winter. Bryant, Rizzo and Baez are all in their final contract year (along with half their roster) and nobody thinks they can handle the salary cap hit to resign all of them. As it stands now they are only a half game out of first.

Still a lot of baseball left before the July trade deadline. I don’t think the Cubs have the pitching to keep it up.  I’ve been a life long Cubs fan. Plus Wrigley Field got me into the Hall of Fame, so I would like to see them go all the way. But they need starting pitching.

I might have to unban myself from watching or listening to baseball.

I was always under the impression the Cubs had deep pockets.  @GravitySucks  There's no cap, so I guess it's the luxury tax that is an issue.  Maybe?  One of the three you mentioned will be retained.  In my opinion, if they shop anyone it should be Bryant.  You are correct regarding the starting pitching.  If the Cubs have a castoff like former Bucco Trevor Williams there is a problem.  Catching is at a premium and if the Cubs do anything they should deal Contreras.  Baez is electric. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3699 on: May 28, 2021, 01:22:24 PM »
Baseball has become unwatchable on so many levels.

This is an absolute truth.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3700 on: May 28, 2021, 01:25:55 PM »
No
Fucking
Way

Where's the proof? It is beyond the realm of all understanding. No Way José! NOPE NOT BUYING IT.  You @Bart Ell are a trixter distorting the facts!

You made that!  She can not have turned into a HELEN!

I have trouble believing it.  However if someone saw a pic of me when I was in my prime as opposed to now, I'd be unrecognizable.  This almost feels like an Art Bell's "Truth or Trash" show.  @KSM I say it's trash.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3701 on: May 28, 2021, 01:59:37 PM »
Well. It could be worse. Look at what I pulled. Imagine my embarrassment.   :-[

https://atmtee.com/products/comin-up-for-air-since-69-muff-diver-exploring-the-realm-of-the-bearded-clam-t-shirt-ha1208?variant=32125042688094

Ya gots to earn them wings

Are we having fun yet?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3702 on: May 28, 2021, 02:39:58 PM »
Ya gots to earn them wings

Crash landing. Hold on tight!
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3703 on: May 28, 2021, 02:46:41 PM »
I wish I did not see this.
I bet @ShayP now does, too.
@Walks_At_Night is probably heartbroken. He seems like the kind of perv who had alone time with that cover.

She could be on Ozzie's next album cover..

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3704 on: May 28, 2021, 02:47:15 PM »
Sooo, if I score on her, could I still claim "I did the chick from the Ratt cover!" ???...

Yes.  Go for it