Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597986 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Let’s Go to Hawaii... to Ski
« Reply #4755 on: December 12, 2021, 02:13:00 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“That’s right. While most people picture a Hawaiian vacation with sun, sandy beaches and surfing the ocean waves, there are people who were likely very excited by the foot of snow or more forecasted by the weather service this past weekend.

Even most of the contiguous 48 United States haven’t seen winter warnings like this, yet, according to the National Weather Service...”

https://www.wcpo.com/hawaii-snow-skiing-volcanoes/

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #4756 on: December 12, 2021, 02:30:30 PM »
I’m still wearing shorts and a T-shirt.  December is great.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4757 on: December 12, 2021, 02:41:19 PM »
https://twitter.com/NonghuaNews/status/1465518333961420808

What was that lady doing at the end? Humping the ground? Giving an upskirt to that guy? Trying to defraud insurance?
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4758 on: December 12, 2021, 10:06:25 PM »
I’m still wearing shorts and a T-shirt.  December is great.
Give me snow or give me sunshine! Rain! I'M SWIMMING IN IT!  I'm dreaming of a whet Christmas?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4759 on: December 14, 2021, 05:32:29 AM »
Well that is not annoying at all.   ::) Whoop Whoop Whoop...... Garsh.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4760 on: December 14, 2021, 06:18:30 AM »
Pig was jamming out to Morrison, got super stoked and broke on through to the other sude.

https://www.newsflare.com/video/468512/Frightened-wild-boar-smashes-through-gate-to-escape-in-eastern-China

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4761 on: December 14, 2021, 09:58:09 AM »

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4762 on: December 15, 2021, 07:56:48 AM »
Found an online vault of bits by the Greaseman. Grease goes clubbing. Even has some Sergeant Fury and of course those wonderful trips south of the border. 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4763 on: December 15, 2021, 08:26:12 AM »
What was that lady doing at the end? Humping the ground? Giving an upskirt to that guy? Trying to defraud insurance?

Fraud/extortion.  Pretty common in China. That's why you see these videos of some poor bugger lying in a heap in the street and no one helping them. No good samaritan laws, so best just not to get involved.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4764 on: December 15, 2021, 08:32:34 AM »

MAX

• Elluminati
« Reply #4765 on: December 15, 2021, 08:55:54 AM »
As someone who lives 50 miles north of the border, and used to have a girlfriend in a city called Tecate (yes, the beer is produced there), I can say in no uncertain terms that I don't like going to any part of Mexico. Even the legitimate locales and cities. Law enforcement, from the local level all the way up to the federales, is corrupt as fuck.

Having been raised in this area, people who were victims of Mexican drunk drivers were held for ransom at hospitals before getting real treatment. I remember the many stories of people dying from basic problems after an accident because the foreigner is always considered guilty. Proving your innocence, even with video backing up your story, is quite the challenge...

Did a lot of work across the border back in the day and was told by corporate if you get in a accident leave the car and walk away and  call “this number”  for pick up.  A fortune 50 company no less....

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4766 on: December 15, 2021, 12:00:37 PM »
Did a lot of work across the border back in the day and was told by corporate if you get in a accident leave the car and walk away and  call “this number”  for pick up.  A fortune 50 company no less....

To think, that was probably before all of the problems...  Genuinely a third world place.

Had a girlfriend that would have me at her family's house and the bathroom was incredibly disgusting because they didn't flush toilet paper there. The sewer system couldn't handle it. At least they weren't on septic. And this girl's family, rich. He owned a shopping mall and adjoining strip malls.

I was also warned to keep water out of my mouth when I was showering...
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4767 on: December 15, 2021, 12:19:34 PM »
To think, that was probably before all of the problems...  Genuinely a third world place.

Had a girlfriend that would have me at her family's house and the bathroom was incredibly disgusting because they didn't flush toilet paper there. The sewer system couldn't handle it. At least they weren't on septic. And this girl's family, rich. He owned a shopping mall and adjoining strip malls.

I was also warned to keep water out of my mouth when I was showering...

Try hitchhiking and riding buses across Asia.. that would seem like a rich man's toilet indeed.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4768 on: December 15, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »

From what I've heard, if one gets in an accident the Mexican police will assume the gringo is guilty and throw him in jail until the trial.

I would personally never drive in a foreign country, other than Canada and maybe a few other places.  I like that though, ''walk away and call this number for pick up''.  The voice of experience.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4769 on: December 15, 2021, 12:40:52 PM »
From what I've heard, if one gets in an accident the Mexican police will assume the gringo is guilty and throw him in jail until the trial.

I would personally never drive in a foreign country, other than Canada and maybe a few other places.  I like that though, ''walk away and call this number for pick up''.  The voice of experience.
Heh, heh, yep... “just walk away...”  :D

Better yet, just don’t go there.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎