Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597986 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #5220 on: March 07, 2022, 10:57:24 AM »
HATE smoke detectors. Can't do shit without them going off all the house. We had a house warming party on Saturday that had to pause with 8 or 9 out of the 34 people waving pillows at the little fuckers while others opened windows and doors.

When they tell us to change the batteries every year, I check mine to make sure the battery is still disconnected.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5221 on: March 07, 2022, 11:08:00 AM »
When they tell us to change the batteries every year, I check mine to make sure the battery is still disconnected.
Ha!  That’s not being very “inclusive.”  Smoke detectors need love, too. ;)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5222 on: March 07, 2022, 11:41:12 AM »
HATE smoke detectors. Can't do shit without them going off all the house. We had a house warming party on Saturday that had to pause with 8 or 9 out of the 34 people waving pillows at the little fuckers while others opened windows and doors.

I'm with you.  I ripped them off the ceiling and walls and they are long gone in the trash.  The heat of the oven would set them off.  I'd do a quick sauté and it would set them off.  Hot shower...set them off.  The people that previously lived here must've been paranoid.  There was a smoke detector randomly placed about every 12 feet.  In the bathroom by the mancave there was one.  Why?  It's the size of a small closet.  I can barely move around in there.  Sink, toilet, and a few feet of space.  Plus there was one right outside the door as you go up the stairs.  There was one outside.  YES. OUTSIDE!  These are the same people that put tape around lightbulbs, so clearly they were crazy.  I guess they thought the lightbulbs would just fall out of the fixture.  ::)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5223 on: March 07, 2022, 11:55:05 AM »
Well that's the thing.. It was quite cold outside about a week ago when I wanted to smoke a cigar so I figured I would head into the garage and smoke it there. Got up on the step ladder to remove the battery from that unit only to find that not only was there the ol' 9V battery but also the damn unit itself was hardwired into the house from the underside. Irritated and puzzled, I removed the battery only to find that the thing still gave off a BEEP every 60 seconds as if to say, 'hey shithead, don't forget to replace the battery otherwise I'll just beeep until the end of time'

Smoked away as I slowly became angrier looking for a breaker I could throw that connected all detectors for certain kinds of cooking days.

I'm with you.  I ripped them off the ceiling and walls and they are long gone in the trash.  The heat of the oven would set them off.  I'd do a quick sauté and it would set them off.  Hot shower...set them off.  The people that previously lived here must've been paranoid.  There was a smoke detector randomly placed about every 12 feet.  In the bathroom by the mancave there was one.  Why?  It's the size of a small closet.  I can barely move around in there.  Sink, toilet, and a few feet of space.  Plus there was one right outside the door as you go up the stairs.  There was one outside.  YES. OUTSIDE!  These are the same people that put tape around lightbulbs, so clearly they were crazy.  I guess they thought the lightbulbs would just fall out of the fixture.  ::)
A shower set them off?????? WTF man!  Were they hardwired like mine are? @ShayP

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #5224 on: March 07, 2022, 11:59:49 AM »
I had hardwired ones in Florida.  If it got hot enough, the 99% humidity would set them off.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5225 on: March 07, 2022, 12:18:05 PM »
A shower set them off?????? WTF man!  Were they hardwired like mine are? @ShayP

Not hardwired.  @KSM  Just the kind you screw in and put a 9V battery in it.  They looked very old.  I was taking a very hot shower and the thing was on the ceiling outside the door (door was open) and it started beeping.  My wet naked ass had to go look around thinking there was a fire.  Nope.  The steam set it off.  Or it was malfunctioning.  Nonetheless, they are all gone now.  I'll take my chances.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #5226 on: March 07, 2022, 12:51:47 PM »
Not hardwired.  @KSM  Just the kind you screw in and put a 9V battery in it.  They looked very old.  I was taking a very hot shower and the thing was on the ceiling outside the door (door was open) and it started beeping.  My wet naked ass had to go look around thinking there was a fire.  Nope.  The steam set it off.  Or it was malfunctioning.  Nonetheless, they are all gone now.  I'll take my chances.

The missing carpet and the paint stains in the hallway will confuse the crap out of the arson investigator.
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5227 on: March 07, 2022, 04:57:08 PM »
...  These are the same people that put tape around lightbulbs, so clearly they were crazy...

Three maskers

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5228 on: March 07, 2022, 05:55:13 PM »
The missing carpet and the paint stains in the hallway will confuse the crap out of the arson investigator.

Good point.  It'll help me get my insurance when this place burns to the ground.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5229 on: March 07, 2022, 05:55:37 PM »

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5230 on: March 07, 2022, 06:05:45 PM »
I recorded a commercial for a beer company.
Same song in 2 languages.
YouTube AI has them reporting each other for copyright infringement.
It got so bad the company has hidden the commercials because YouTube has blocked them in the only country they care about seeing them.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5231 on: March 07, 2022, 07:40:44 PM »
Does YouTube think you're Russian?
Eh, nevermind...

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #5232 on: March 07, 2022, 09:20:17 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #5233 on: March 08, 2022, 10:27:37 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

X   BREAK THE BIAS   X
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #5234 on: March 08, 2022, 10:30:35 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Demonstrators sing the song Un violador en tu camino - or 'A rapist in Your Path' during a protest against gender-based violence on International Women's Day in Santiago, Chile [Esteban Felix/AP]
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville