Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597663 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #5415 on: April 29, 2022, 03:46:54 PM »
Up in my YouTube suggestions, a bunch of Paul McCartney Got Back tour clips. He's done, ladies and gentlemen. He cannot sing Blackbird, I've Got a Feeling, Helter Skelter, he's lost his voice.
He's booked for two shows at Seattle's CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA (how's that for a name)  ;D, May 2 and 3.

Went to see Gordon Lightfoot around 2014 and his voice was completely gone. Was actually kind of sad. Not my speed for tunes but the tix were free. He sounded like a quiet Donald Duck or extremely thin scratchy version of himself. Some left at various points throughout the show but most stayed just to be.. polite, perhaps.

These fuckers are extremely wealthy and do not need the money. Stay the fuck home and preserve the favorable memories of your fans.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5416 on: April 29, 2022, 04:00:09 PM »
He's booked for two shows at Seattle's CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA (how's that for a name)  ;D, May 2 and 3.

Went to see Gordon Lightfoot around 2014 and his voice was completely gone. Was actually kind of sad. Not my speed for tunes but the tix were free. He sounded like a quiet Donald Duck or extremely thin scratchy version of himself. Some left at various points throughout the show but most stayed just to be.. polite, perhaps.

These fuckers are extremely wealthy and do not need the money. Stay the fuck home and preserve the favorable memories of your fans.

It could be worse - Jon is now sending his father out in his place... AND HIS FATHER ISN'T A SINGER!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5417 on: April 29, 2022, 04:51:50 PM »
It could be worse - Jon is now sending his father out in his place... AND HIS FATHER ISN'T A SINGER!

Word is that somebody is using backing tracks to help, er, "supplement" his voice.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5418 on: April 29, 2022, 06:14:11 PM »
Word is that somebody is using backing tracks to help, er, "supplement" his voice.
Word is, that didn't help.

Holy mother of Pearle!!

Hehe hehe heh  yip

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
Re: Avocado
« Reply #5419 on: April 30, 2022, 08:43:37 AM »

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5420 on: April 30, 2022, 12:01:31 PM »

Heh, I’ve recently started on an avocado kick, again.  Sliced up and topped with this is most excellent.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5421 on: April 30, 2022, 12:21:59 PM »

I would add that keeping them in the refrigerator keeps them fresh for an extra few days.  Also, if you only eat half, leave the pit in the other half and putting a thin layer of mayonnaise on the exposed remaining part will keep it from oxidizing for a day or two.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5422 on: April 30, 2022, 12:25:12 PM »
I would add that keeping them in the refrigerator keeps them fresh for an extra few days.  Also, if you only eat half, leave the pit in the other half and putting a thin layer of mayonnaise on the exposed remaining part will keep it from oxidizing for a day or two.
Yep, all good ideas.  And if you want them to ripen faster, keep them enclosed in a bag, like a paper one.  Damn fine eating and for more than just making guacamole.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5423 on: April 30, 2022, 02:19:30 PM »
I love avocados.  A buddy of mine cuts them into slices, barely ripe, and dips them in mayonnaise then eats them.  I want to punch him in the face...but with love.  It's like eating chips and salsa, but for him it's avocados and mayo.   :P

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #5424 on: April 30, 2022, 02:43:48 PM »

Yep, or lemon juice is recommended to deter oxidation.

To ripen quicker, they say put them in a bag with an apple or a banana.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5425 on: April 30, 2022, 02:54:15 PM »
I love avocados.  A buddy of mine cuts them into slices, barely ripe, and dips them in mayonnaise then eats them.  I want to punch him in the face...but with love.  It's like eating chips and salsa, but for him it's avocados and mayo.   :P
Ha!  I guess he doesn’t have to worry about getting enough fat calories for the day.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #5426 on: April 30, 2022, 05:16:53 PM »

My father used to cut them in half, pull the pit out, fill each half with French dressing and eat them with a spoon. Never understood how a German from Chicago developed a taste for avocado and French dressing. I can’t stand either avocado or French dressing. 
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5427 on: April 30, 2022, 06:20:25 PM »

They go great with mayo!  I eat 'em in sandwiches - bread, avocado, and mayonnaise, sometimes add tomatoes (which also make good sandwiches just by themselves).

Avocados are also terrific in soups, add slices just before serving.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5428 on: April 30, 2022, 06:36:04 PM »
My father used to cut them in half, pull the pit out, fill each half with French dressing and eat them with a spoon. Never understood how a German from Chicago developed a taste for avocado and French dressing. I can’t stand either avocado or French dressing.

That's odd.  (No offense)  The combination, that is.  I'm not a fan of French dressing either.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5429 on: April 30, 2022, 06:41:44 PM »
They go great with mayo!  I eat 'em in sandwiches - bread, avocado, and mayonnaise, sometimes add tomatoes (which also make good sandwiches just by themselves).

Avocados are also terrific in soups, add slices just before serving.

Oh yeah.  On a sandwich with mayo, and with soups.  We used to make a cold soup in the summer at the café.  But just scooping out globs of mayo with each slice... 

I'm talking heaping helpings of mayo.  He would eat 2 avocados and finish a small jar of Hellman's with it.  Sometimes he would sprinkle Old Bay seasoning on it.