Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597885 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #6735 on: November 14, 2023, 05:52:31 PM »
US Senate, NOT politics

&t=2s

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6736 on: November 14, 2023, 06:52:00 PM »
US Senate, NOT politics

&t=2s

Maybe the old ways were better ways.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #6737 on: November 14, 2023, 06:52:33 PM »
US Senate, NOT politics

&t=2s

The representative was calling him out for a threat the bald dude made in the press. Joe Biden is the guy who made threats of violence popular with his threats of taking president Trump "out back."
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6738 on: November 15, 2023, 10:54:19 AM »
Slick as snot.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6739 on: November 15, 2023, 01:02:20 PM »
Slick as snot.

It's awful because I don't know the guy's real circumstances (maybe had a kid with cancer or bet a lot of money on the Jets going to the super bowl this year, but I'm laughing very loud.

That repoguy was smooth. Good thing it wasn't a four-wheel drive. Hahaha.

That's what all these tracking devices in these cars have led to, quick and easy repossessions.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6740 on: November 15, 2023, 01:11:50 PM »
It's awful because I don't know the guy's real circumstances (maybe had a kid with cancer or bet a lot of money on the Jets going to the super bowl this year, but I'm laughing very loud.

That repoguy was smooth. Good thing it wasn't a four-wheel drive. Hahaha.

That's what all these tracking devices in these cars have led to, quick and easy repossessions.
As a former repo guy, well done sir! I hope there were no cancer kids..

You can't do that with a boat though..  :P :-\

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6741 on: November 15, 2023, 01:17:51 PM »
This may be somewhat abnormal, but I have been dress rehearsing my Christmas setup. I have more than I did a year ago so I'm planning ahead for the glorious day. Dentist free, or not.   Even made a video of it so I can just GITTERDONE!!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6742 on: November 15, 2023, 06:10:00 PM »
This may be somewhat abnormal, but I have been dress rehearsing my Christmas setup. I have more than I did a year ago so I'm planning ahead for the glorious day. Dentist free, or not.   Even made a video of it so I can just GITTERDONE!!

I'm rehearsing my Christmas getaway.  How can I creatively avoid a subpar par dinner with too many people invited I either don't know or wouldn't volunteer to socialize with at any other time?  Thanksgiving first though.  I'd really rather just have the day.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6743 on: November 15, 2023, 07:15:44 PM »
I'm rehearsing my Christmas getaway.  How can I creatively avoid a subpar par dinner with too many people invited I either don't know or wouldn't volunteer to socialize with at any other time?  Thanksgiving first though.  I'd really rather just have the day.
So, do I dare ask how or why there are people that you don't know coming to your house on Christmas day? I've had that happen in my last life once or twice, although that was a Christmas party that we hosted when my wife worked for westjet. Bunch of those airplane types all over the house. Some of them didn't even know who I was. We stopped being large party hosts.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6744 on: November 15, 2023, 07:40:35 PM »
So, do I dare ask how or why there are people that you don't know coming to your house on Christmas day? I've had that happen in my last life once or twice, although that was a Christmas party that we hosted when my wife worked for westjet. Bunch of those airplane types all over the house. Some of them didn't even know who I was. We stopped being large party hosts.

Not my place.  My daughter and my Ex trade off hosting Christmas and Thanksgiving, so they invite who they want.  It's not usually who I want.

And that's fine, their home, their dinner, their party.  Those days, Easter, Super Bowl Sunday, maybe a few others, no one is out on the trails, no one is out anywhere, it's glorious.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6745 on: November 15, 2023, 08:43:26 PM »
So, do I dare ask how or why there are people that you don't know coming to your house on Christmas day?

With all of my kids relatively young and either still involved in education or mentoring those still being educated, I have an open invitation. This is especially true for people who have no family around.

One of my kids has a classmate who is so at odds with her family that she doesn't even know what her medical insurance is to go to the emergency room. People like that, they come to eat, hang out with my cats and they're invited to stay the whole weekend. I offer my chauffeur services as well. Postgrad education is tough enough as it is, a little brightness over a couple of holidays is the least I can offer

Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6746 on: November 15, 2023, 09:16:23 PM »
With all of my kids relatively young and either still involved in education or mentoring those still being educated, I have an open invitation. This is especially true for people who have no family around.

One of my kids has a classmate who is so at odds with her family that she doesn't even know what her medical insurance is to go to the emergency room. People like that, they come to eat, hang out with my cats and they're invited to stay the whole weekend. I offer my chauffeur services as well. Postgrad education is tough enough as it is, a little brightness over a couple of holidays is the least I can offer

Kids are one thing, these are bratty 50 - 60 year olds - in-laws, the exes' friends...  The backdrop will be yappy dogs and football games on TV.

You know, it's better than a day at work, but there's a whole world of empty parkland out there...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6747 on: November 15, 2023, 11:15:53 PM »
Kids are one thing, these are bratty 50 - 60 year olds - in-laws, the exes' friends...  The backdrop will be yappy dogs and football games on TV.

You know, it's better than a day at work, but there's a whole world of empty parkland out there...

At that age, fuck them.
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6748 on: November 17, 2023, 12:49:47 PM »
That is a bona fide, dyed in the wool, goat sucker. Best view at the 45 to 48 second mark. Best part is those two lads got after it with ass whomping sticks.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Ker-Blammo!!!!!
« Reply #6749 on: November 18, 2023, 07:05:44 AM »
Doesn't look too good for this return to the Moon thingy.