Author Topic: Classic TV  (Read 4604 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Classic TV
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2021, 09:20:17 AM »
Thank you. I am far from a TV junkie but the pure novelty of going old school with an antenna is quite intriguing to me almost like a nerdy sort of gratification. I plan on having quite the setup in my new gym once situated. The antenna I have really pulls in those signals and there are quite a few to be found in the Seattle area.  once I'm there..
I think it’s great!  Speaking of, I just noticed a new station, MeTV+ ,just popped-up, with even more classic TV, including the original “Hawaii Five-0.”

https://cdnmetv.metv.com/LDIm4-1620832776-MeTV%20Plus%202Q21.pdf

This happens all the time, so check for new broadcasters, every once in awhile.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2021, 09:31:37 AM »
I also noticed CometTV will now be showing “Elvira’s Movie Macabre” on Friday nights.

https://www.comettv.com/show-details/Elvira%27s+Movie+Macabre/376933/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2021, 09:34:44 AM »
You're moving there? Oh dear. Get one of those alarms that activates if somebody approaches the car within three feet. Maybe add some flame throwers. 

I was up in the Pacific Northwest and I saw an incredible number of car windows busted, mainly on SUVs. The homeless own the Pacific Northwest. On the other hand, Bremerton Washington is one fucking beautiful place, if it hasn't been destroyed in the last decade.

There was a powered RCA antenna that I once used that could pull in stations from 80 miles away. If you find that there are some stations you're interested in but are out of town, Walmart has carried that antenna and it goes for about $35US/$6807CAN.

We'll be 30 miles north of the cesspool.

$6807CAN huh..  lol

I think it’s great!  Speaking of, I just noticed a new station, MeTV+ ,just popped-up, with even more classic TV, including the original “Hawaii Five-0.”

https://cdnmetv.metv.com/LDIm4-1620832776-MeTV%20Plus%202Q21.pdf

This happens all the time, so check for new broadcasters, every once in awhile.

Fantastic.  Thanks again

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2021, 02:45:51 PM »
I also noticed CometTV will now be showing “Elvira’s Movie Macabre” on Friday nights.

https://www.comettv.com/show-details/Elvira%27s+Movie+Macabre/376933/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's promoting her new book, maybe Snorge...  Nah, nevermind
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2021, 02:46:57 PM »
Writing a book rather than posting here?  How dare she?
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2021, 02:49:20 PM »
Writing a book rather than posting posing here?  How dare she?
She's still pretty.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2021, 02:53:22 PM »
Writing a book rather than posting here?  How dare she?
Heh, heh, heh...was that Lonevoice?
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2021, 02:55:23 PM »
Heh, heh, heh...was that Lonevoice?
Author of the best post in the history of Bellgab.
Merry Christmas

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2021, 03:03:05 PM »
Author of the best post in the history of Bellgab.

Something about being in the driveway in an RV listening to Art?
Are we having fun yet?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2021, 03:08:27 PM »
It was when Art was preparing to come on Sirius.  Bellgabbers we’re bitching and complaining because he wasn’t doing whatever little nit picking thing they obsessed over.  She wrote a post complaining because Art had not moved his trailer to her driveway to do his show and included several other absurd demands I can’t recall.

MV needs to find that post and put it, and nothing else, on Bellgab.com.
Merry Christmas

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2021, 07:06:54 PM »
It was when Art was preparing to come on Sirius.  Bellgabbers we’re bitching and complaining because he wasn’t doing whatever little nit picking thing they obsessed over.  She wrote a post complaining because Art had not moved his trailer to her driveway to do his show and included several other absurd demands I can’t recall.

MV needs to find that post and put it, and nothing else, on Bellgab.com.

Yep. I vaguely remembered it. Couldn’t quite remember the details.
Are we having fun yet?

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2021, 08:23:21 PM »
I have Movies! on, at the moment.  I just use my OTA TV antenna to pick it up for free, along with all the other stations I watch.  MeTV, COZI, Grit, H&I, Antennatv, etc.  All I need and no outrageous monthly charge.

My cable bill is huge for 300 channels that most of the time nothing interesting on. I swear I really need to look at this antenna thing, especially considering I hardly like anything new and I am most interested in older TV shows. I'll watch Sports on Cable, used to watch Comedy Central but even that has hardly anything worth watching

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2021, 10:09:16 PM »
Roku TV.

Amazon Prime, Netfux, Hulu free limited 1-year account.

Roku Channel, Pluto, free news channels, local channel apps, YouTube, Tubi, Railstream and Star Trek Continues 😁
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2021, 07:46:53 AM »
The Fly, 1958, starring my number one actor Vincent Price.  Also starring Al Hedison, who would later change his first name to David, in time for his stint on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.  The thing I found interesting about this movie is that there were no face to face scenes with Vincent and David.  If you watch the movie, you will see that each of the two characters were filmed separately.  Unless David was wearing that humongous fly's head toward the end.  But now I'm not so sure that Vincent interacted with The Fly either.  (Except for the end when Vincent was looking at the regular sized fly in the spider's web.)  Zounds, I'm going to have to view the film again to find out.
I really enjoyed watching the original “The Fly,” a few days ago.  A true sci-fi, horror classic.  More showings throughout the month coming on the Movies! channel.  I also noticed TCM is showing it this month, too.  Both broadcasters are showing “The Fly” and “The Return of The Fly.”

Concerning Price’s appearance in “The Fly,” I understand he was kind of a last minute addition, when Fox really liked writer Clavell’s script and added Vincent to up the interest and, of course, the potential profit on the movie.  Nothing like placing all your chips on a winning hand. ;)

Ben Mankiewicz talks about this towards the end of his TCM intro for “The Fly.”

https://www.tcm.com/video/1463921/ben-mankiewicz-intro-the-fly-1958

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2021, 10:34:59 AM »
I really enjoyed watching the original “The Fly,” a few days ago.  A true sci-fi, horror classic.  More showings throughout the month coming on the Movies! channel.  I also noticed TCM is showing it this month, too.  Both broadcasters are showing “The Fly” and “The Return of The Fly.”

Concerning Price’s appearance in “The Fly,” I understand he was kind of a last minute addition, when Fox really liked writer Clavell’s script and added Vincent to up the interest and, of course, the potential profit on the movie.  Nothing like placing all your chips on a winning hand. ;)

Ben Mankiewicz talks about this towards the end of his TCM intro for “The Fly.”

https://www.tcm.com/video/1463921/ben-mankiewicz-intro-the-fly-1958

Thanks @ItsOver .
It has been fun watching these old movies.