Author Topic: Great Movie Trailers  (Read 2531 times)

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라
Re: Great Movie Trailers
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2023, 06:47:23 AM »
Hopefully this turns out to be as good as it looks

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2023, 10:11:26 PM »
Interesting that this trailer mentions the Blu-ray version of this movie because that's what I insist on you purchasing rather than watching it on YouTube or other small screen apps that are available for viewing.  This is a wonderful picture and after watching it for the first time, I was surely convinced that it had been filmed up there in the Himalayas.  It wasn't though, why?   Because it was helmed by Val Guest, one of the greatest directors of all time.

i=zLEtG7T58KC_gz9m

Val Guest? I still remember this one as a child. It left a mark.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Arnt
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2023, 11:11:26 PM »
Val Guest? I still remember this one as a child. It left a mark.

Great movie.  I've got it on a high quality Blu-ray disc, only now it's called Quatermass II, the second in a series of imaginative pictures based on the BBC's Professor Quatermass. My personal favorite is Quatermass And The Pit.  (Also called Five Million Years To Earth.)  It was filmed back in 1967 and I got to see it in a movie theatre up in Seattle.  Fun times.   

i=p2KdE495pp2YtaIi

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2023, 08:08:39 PM »

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Arnt
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2023, 12:53:21 AM »
i=VE172MnIr2krNUyy

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2023, 02:54:20 PM »
Who impregnated the nasty little ape creature?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Arnt
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2023, 04:01:14 AM »
i=DZFE5nnsesLNRCzi

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2023, 04:54:13 AM »
Rix has a bad case of those yellow stain blues.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Arnt
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2023, 10:34:16 AM »
Rix has a bad case of those yellow stain blues.

Yes, I get them every once in awhile.  I kid you not.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Arnt
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2023, 03:26:39 AM »
If you haven't seen C.H.U.D. then you are in for a very special treat.  As usual, the trailer doesn't do the movie justice as it thinks that high impact scenes would make people want to visit a local theatre to see the movie.  There is so much more to it than just kill shots.  Great dialogue and very good actors who you might not recognize except for Daniel Stern, who's character runs a Hell's Kitchen eatery for the poor.  He notices an increasing amount of his nonpaying, homeless customers not showing up for their regular bowls of soup and the movie cleverly takes off from there.  I think that there is only one regular DVD available for purchase, sadly no Blu-ray or cheap YouTube versions out there.  But if you have some jingle jangle pocket change to spend, then go for it.  You won't regret it, especially if you augment the viewing of it with your favorite beverage of choice.  Enjoy. 

i=dhtJNWPf7biadDD1

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Arnt
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2023, 02:26:29 AM »
Yet another movie trailer, this one from 1958, that, due to poor quality, doesn't in any way compel a person living in the year 2023 to shell out enough bucks to acquire a DVD via Amazon and watch a movie that is very entertaining and features the great actor Forrest Tucker, and sexy actress Janet Munro.  Perhaps by observing the trailer, one (and this is a very apt numerical reference) might take a chance and purchase the picture.  If so, you will enjoy an exceptionally well made sci fi movie, and see for yourself that the trailer doesn't in any way show how great the movie really is.     

i=s0RcviskFZeTGBHC

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2023, 03:18:18 AM »
My favorite genre and one of my favorite actors, the one, the only, Sydney Greenstreet.

A great trailer that made me want to watch the film.

https://yandex.eu/video/preview/16792101874530918359

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2023, 08:40:22 AM »

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Arnt
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2023, 04:42:34 AM »
Another of my top 50 favorite movies.  If for no other reason than it had an enjoyable 1950s centered plot and because it starred the great actor Richard Denning.  Warning, I highly recommend that you purchase the DVD on Amazon.  The free, full movie on YouTube is woefully extra dark and not worth your time viewing.  As a matter of fact, if you search for it on Amazon, you will have to scroll through a number of Richard Denning movies until you come to The Creature With The Atom Brain, but your search will be well worth the effort.  Best snatch up the DVD while it's still available.   

i=ROq2jnc9UrImrQJ-

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Arnt
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2023, 03:59:16 AM »
Easily one of the best Eastwood movies out there.  If I could only own fifty movies, this would definitely be one of them.

i=SOnO65dDOyZBN51K