Author Topic: Order Your Pizza Here..  (Read 4499 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: Order Your Pizza Here..
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2019, 10:33:35 AM »
Shortly after moving out here 3 years ago I got into making apple wine.  Not knowing what else to do with the leftover half packet of yeast, I got into pizza making with the electric oven and, originally, a reused rectangular aluminum pan.  I've switched to steel with a cheap anti-stick coating that soon got scoured off; rust spots add to the flavor, or to something.

Turns out I like my pizza better than any I've had anywhere else, but most of my friends don't like it as well my way.  I like the vegetables not pre-cooked, and a medium thickness crust with garlic and herbs in it, and it comes out somewhat tostada-like stiff because you can't really fold it.  And yes, I've gotten good results a couple times with pineapple and potted meat (cheaper knock-off of Spam).  The dough is aged at least overnight, but not rolled out and with no spectacular stretching.  I've used various combinations of cheeses from the supermarket, and it seems fresh local mozzarella's no better than shredded in bags.  The only stuff I pre-cook is ground beef and sometimes sausage, because it's too juicy and greasy otherwise, though some types of sausage are dry enough.  However, the sauce is all from jars -- sometimes the cheap watery stuff, other times mid-range, but never the really fancy stuff.  The herbs are all from dried.  The flour's cheap all-purpose, and I raise the dough an hour warm before refrigerating.  I've stopped kneading the dough after raising, and never noticed a difference.

Typical dough herbs: garlic and oregano; haven't used thyme or rosemary in a while for this.  Oil's the really cheap vegetable stuff, as long as it wasn't drained from a crankcase.  Sometimes I infuse the oil warm with the herbs, sometimes I just macerate them in the oil with the sugar, and I've used various orders of mixing for the dough ingredients, usually aiming to dirty the fewest implements.  I proof the yeast only if the half-packet's been kept 2 weeks or more, simply by first laying it with the sugar water to be used, and waiting.

Typical vegetable toppings: bell peppers (green and/or red, but red and yellow are so expensive I use more green), onions (yellow or red, rarely scallions or green bulb), and mushrooms (cheap kind).  Unusual vegetables: zucchini, yellow squash, or broccoli.  Carrots are my favorite vegetable, but I don't think I'd ever try them on pizza.

Once in a while I'll top with powdered Romano-Parmesan, but if it lands on top of vegetables that don't act as a good heat sink, it burns in the 12 minutes I give it at 475.

I've done white pizza too, with ricotta.  Once I forgot I was making white and put on red sauce as well, and it wasn't bad.

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2019, 11:02:39 PM »
Back atcha, sis. Can't bump you because I already did. But you're always a +1 in my book*

*Politics notwithstanding

Just got here.  Bumped ya +1
Totally LOVE your avatar! :-*
I hope you're having a good night. ;D

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »
Greetings, and good morning everyone! ;D

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2019, 11:13:37 PM »
@GravitySucks  That struck me as an intro similar to the one in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  Could go something like this... “We were somewhere around a bowling alley in Three Oaks when the drugs began to take hold.”   ;D
Hi there, ShayP. ;D

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »
There is a bowling alley in Three Oaks, Michigan that serves a sauerkraut pizza.
Howdy! ;D

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2019, 11:15:38 PM »
Bowlers are known for their refined tastes.
Greetings, Dude! ;D

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2019, 03:44:34 PM »
Dairy is not always my stomach best friend, so if a pizza place has a dairy free cheese option, I am very happy (it never as good as the real thing, but an okay substitute all things considered) but most major chains don't have it. If not I usually go light on the cheese.

I hate repetitiveness, so I really go out of my way to try to mix and match as many topping as possible when I get something, of course there is some misses but even the classic toppings that I love (Pepperoni, Bacon, Green Peppers..... maybe mushroom) can get repetitive

I like pineapple but pineapple much like mushroom you can get good ones and yuck ones. It really depends on the place and how fresh they taste.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2019, 08:51:57 PM »
Shortly after moving out here 3 years ago I got into making apple wine.  Not knowing what else to do with the leftover half packet of yeast, I got into pizza making with the electric oven and, originally, a reused rectangular aluminum pan.  I've switched to steel with a cheap anti-stick coating that soon got scoured off; rust spots add to the flavor, or to something.

Turns out I like my pizza better than any I've had anywhere else, but most of my friends don't like it as well my way.  I like the vegetables not pre-cooked, and a medium thickness crust with garlic and herbs in it, and it comes out somewhat tostada-like stiff because you can't really fold it.  And yes, I've gotten good results a couple times with pineapple and potted meat (cheaper knock-off of Spam).  The dough is aged at least overnight, but not rolled out and with no spectacular stretching.  I've used various combinations of cheeses from the supermarket, and it seems fresh local mozzarella's no better than shredded in bags.  The only stuff I pre-cook is ground beef and sometimes sausage, because it's too juicy and greasy otherwise, though some types of sausage are dry enough.  However, the sauce is all from jars -- sometimes the cheap watery stuff, other times mid-range, but never the really fancy stuff.  The herbs are all from dried.  The flour's cheap all-purpose, and I raise the dough an hour warm before refrigerating.  I've stopped kneading the dough after raising, and never noticed a difference.

Typical dough herbs: garlic and oregano; haven't used thyme or rosemary in a while for this.  Oil's the really cheap vegetable stuff, as long as it wasn't drained from a crankcase.  Sometimes I infuse the oil warm with the herbs, sometimes I just macerate them in the oil with the sugar, and I've used various orders of mixing for the dough ingredients, usually aiming to dirty the fewest implements.  I proof the yeast only if the half-packet's been kept 2 weeks or more, simply by first laying it with the sugar water to be used, and waiting.

Typical vegetable toppings: bell peppers (green and/or red, but red and yellow are so expensive I use more green), onions (yellow or red, rarely scallions or green bulb), and mushrooms (cheap kind).  Unusual vegetables: zucchini, yellow squash, or broccoli.  Carrots are my favorite vegetable, but I don't think I'd ever try them on pizza.

Once in a while I'll top with powdered Romano-Parmesan, but if it lands on top of vegetables that don't act as a good heat sink, it burns in the 12 minutes I give it at 475.

I've done white pizza too, with ricotta.  Once I forgot I was making white and put on red sauce as well, and it wasn't bad.
@Robert  You made me hungry with that. A little odd when you mention broccoli and pizza in the same post but still..  I would sample your pizza, eagerly.  Will you have cold beer?

Dairy is not always my stomach best friend, so if a pizza place has a dairy free cheese option, I am very happy (it never as good as the real thing, but an okay substitute all things considered) but most major chains don't have it. If not I usually go light on the cheese.

I hate repetitiveness, so I really go out of my way to try to mix and match as many topping as possible when I get something, of course there is some misses but even the classic toppings that I love (Pepperoni, Bacon, Green Peppers..... maybe mushroom) can get repetitive

I like pineapple but pineapple much like mushroom you can get good ones and yuck ones. It really depends on the place and how fresh they taste.

Are you manic or perhaps you're still undiadnosed? Your post reads like you're in a fight with yourself. You're a fucking idiot. Stay outta my thread you anus.  Fuck you from asshole to breakfast.

Just got here.  Bumped ya +1
Totally LOVE your avatar! :-*
I hope you're having a good night. ;D
Stop with the fuckin bumping everybody. It's bullshit and it means nothing. I hope you're well. +.5

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2019, 07:55:21 AM »

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2019, 08:00:41 AM »

Stop with the fuckin bumping everybody. It's bullshit and it means nothing. I hope you're well. +.5

@KSM Lighten up man.  Sometimes someone needs a 'bump' to get through the day.   ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2019, 08:18:14 PM »
@KSM Lighten up man.  Sometimes someone needs a 'bump' to get through the day.   ;)

;D

I did bump her to 600. And you to 180.  It's just that I'm backed up making all these pizzas for everybody and Starr just barging in and hugging everybody in the lineup really threw me off my game, I could tell she'd been drinking again. I got so distracted I dropped TigerLily's girly pizza and had to start over.  Just flustered that's all. Lonnnng days and I'm not used to it.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2019, 08:21:06 PM »
;D

I did bump her to 600. It's just that I'm backed up making all these pizzas for everybody and Starr just barging in and hugging everybody really threw me off my game. I got so distracted I dropped TigerLily's girly pizza and had to start over.  Just flustered that's all. Lonnnng days and I'm not used to it.

@KSM I have refused to eat pizza in Thailand but saw this restaurant in Pai. I guess I could have had pizza in Pai.

Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2019, 08:28:16 PM »
@KSM I have refused to eat pizza in Thailand but saw this restaurant in Pai. I guess I could have had pizza in Pai.
Wow. I wouldn't expect to see that, there. Not sure why.. why not.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2019, 08:49:31 PM »
Bairyn likes tuna pizza, some weird kind of Euro thing.

So sorry to hear that.

;)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2019, 09:16:43 PM »
@Robert  You made me hungry with that. A little odd when you mention broccoli and pizza in the same post but still..  I would sample your pizza, eagerly.  Will you have cold beer?
Some day I'd like to get around to making my own malt beverages.  If I do, it'll be grud or sake, technically not beer.  It's just that the malting process looks like a lot of trouble for the small amounts I'd make.