Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283999 times)

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
LEO ASHCRAFT is back
« Reply #1605 on: October 05, 2022, 08:43:14 AM »
https://darkmatternews.com/dark-matter-news-with-leo-ashcraft-returns/

Dark Matter News with Leo Ashcraft returns this October to a station near you!

Listen on the Dark Matter Digital Network and the worldwide 100 kilowatt flame throwing shortwave radio station WTWW 5085 kilohertz as well as the DarkMatternews.com website!

Thanks to support from Joshua Chaires, Tim Ozman and Ted Randall for their efforts to make this happen.

Plus much more to come! Stay tuned to Dark Matter news for more details. Now accepting new affiliates!

if you would like to participate with production or affiliate info please contact Joshua Chaires.

From the high desert of West Texas, see you soon!

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
Re: LEO ASHCRAFT is back
« Reply #1606 on: October 05, 2022, 02:33:01 PM »
https://darkmatternews.com/dark-matter-news-with-leo-ashcraft-returns/

Dark Matter News with Leo Ashcraft returns this October to a station near you!

Listen on the Dark Matter Digital Network and the worldwide 100 kilowatt flame throwing shortwave radio station WTWW 5085 kilohertz as well as the DarkMatternews.com website!

Thanks to support from Joshua Chaires, Tim Ozman and Ted Randall for their efforts to make this happen.

Plus much more to come! Stay tuned to Dark Matter news for more details. Now accepting new affiliates!

if you would like to participate with production or affiliate info please contact Joshua Chaires.

From the high desert of West Texas, see you soon!

I may have been in the minority, but I enjoyed Ashcraft.  On a number of nights he was the highlight of MitD for me before he got the boot.  I don't remember the backstory of his departure, just one of too many Peyton Place dramas as Bell halfheartedly battled to remain relevant.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1607 on: October 05, 2022, 02:52:19 PM »
I think he was a bit of a blowhard. Not about the news, mind you, about himself.
🙄🙄🙄

Dark Matter lives?  Weird.
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1608 on: October 05, 2022, 02:57:55 PM »
Joshua "restraining order" Chaires

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #1609 on: October 05, 2022, 03:05:22 PM »
Not about the news, mind you, about himself.

Just like Bell. His abortive return with MitD was all about him and showing up George/C2C, not the fans. 

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: LEO ASHCRAFT is back
« Reply #1610 on: October 05, 2022, 03:07:32 PM »
I may have been in the minority, but I enjoyed Ashcraft.  On a number of nights he was the highlight of MitD for me before he got the boot.  I don't remember the backstory of his departure, just one of too many Peyton Place dramas as Bell halfheartedly battled to remain relevant.
Same here. Towards the end, Art was Art’s biggest enemy. ‘Twas a shame.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1611 on: October 06, 2022, 07:14:58 PM »
03 19 96: An open lines show that may be Charlie liberals first call? To the best of my recollection, he was not calling in 95. @Morgus may come in handy here..

In this particular show Art doesn't kno him as "Charlie, liberal in California" Just another caller and he wasn't calling about anything political. This is the show where Art explained how a kitten made itself at home under their doublewide. Art coaxed him out over a few days and then solicited names from the callers. Comet would be this cat and you would hear about him for years after afterwards.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1612 on: October 12, 2022, 11:04:14 AM »
If you have access to it, I highly recommend an absolute classic from 04 16 97. Three guests all at separate times discussing the object that was spotted on radar of the 25 mile long craft. NORAD going into lockdown and many more items and reports in response to the object.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1613 on: October 12, 2022, 11:13:50 AM »
Because I don't want to put any undue pressure on @KSM  in searching out the Art Bell archives to track down episodes, I would bring up more great stuff that I'm hearing, but I don't have a clue on most of the dates.

I've been hearing a lot of good shows lately, including some Ed Dames stuff that must have sounded incredible back in the day. Somebody recorded them at very high quality and they weren't part of the Somewhere in Time series.

The amazing thing about the show was that he had so many people on talking about societal, political, ecological and financial changes that were dead on correct. Although Art was definitely a global warming cuck, he had people on talking about the real science. Recently, I even heard where somebody made reference to electric cars being difficult to implement because of the rare earth minerals that have to be strip-mined. I think his point of view was that we would be doing the strip mining in America and that just wasn't going to fly. I'm pretty sure that was a show from the '90s because I'm pretty sure I heard CBC Network being mentioned.

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1614 on: October 12, 2022, 12:38:20 PM »
Because I don't want to put any undue pressure on @KSM  in searching out the Art Bell archives to track down episodes, I would bring up more great stuff that I'm hearing, but I don't have a clue on most of the dates.

I've been hearing a lot of good shows lately, including some Ed Dames stuff that must have sounded incredible back in the day. Somebody recorded them at very high quality and they weren't part of the Somewhere in Time series.

The amazing thing about the show was that he had so many people on talking about societal, political, ecological and financial changes that were dead on correct. Although Art was definitely a global warming cuck, he had people on talking about the real science. Recently, I even heard where somebody made reference to electric cars being difficult to implement because of the rare earth minerals that have to be strip-mined. I think his point of view was that we would be doing the strip mining in America and that just wasn't going to fly. I'm pretty sure that was a show from the '90s because I'm pretty sure I heard CBC Network being mentioned.

I have two or three Dames shows that are not in the SIT files. They are not dated unfortunately as back when I first started collecting in the early 2000's I simply gave the shows titles that would be my surmise on what the show covered. I could kick myself for that. At least 800 that have titles and not dates.  Alas..

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1615 on: October 12, 2022, 01:00:16 PM »
I just stumbled upon this. It includes an interesting article about Alan Corbeth, president of Chancellor Broadcasting discovering Art Bell.

https://archive.org/details/Art-Bell-After-Dark-1995/1995-01%20-%20AfterDark%20-%20%20January/page/12/mode/2up
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1616 on: October 12, 2022, 01:13:31 PM »
I just stumbled upon this. It includes an interesting article about Alan Corbeth, president of Chancellor Broadcasting discovering Art Bell.

https://archive.org/details/Art-Bell-After-Dark-1995/1995-01%20-%20AfterDark%20-%20%20January/page/12/mode/2up
You can find alot of AB audio on that site. SIT and more.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Karl August Drews
« Reply #1617 on: October 12, 2022, 02:01:37 PM »

Cobalt and lithium.  The poorer countries with rich deposits have their children doing the strip mining.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1618 on: October 12, 2022, 02:29:38 PM »
Cobalt and lithium.  The poorer countries with rich deposits have their children doing the strip mining.

Humm, I don't think it's the Congo that would allow that type of stuff to happen, would it?
Eh, nevermind...

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Karl August Drews
« Reply #1619 on: October 12, 2022, 02:54:05 PM »
Humm, I don't think it's the Congo that would allow that type of stuff to happen, would it?
Haha.  To coin one of your phrases, I doubt we'd have to google it.