Author Topic: NBA  (Read 4935 times)

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
Re: NBA Police Blotter
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2023, 10:50:55 PM »
Houston Rockets guard Kevin Porter Jr. was arrested in New York City on Monday for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, former WNBA player Kysre Gondrezick, police sources told ABC News.

Porter, 23, was formally charged with assault and strangulation.

Porter returned early Monday morning from an evening out to the Millennium Hilton near U.N. Plaza, where he and Gondrezick were staying. Gondrezick was upset with the late hour of his return and locked the door, according to police sources. Once he entered with the help of hotel security, Porter beat up the woman, the sources said.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/houston-rockets-guard-kevin-porter-jr-arrested-domestic/story?id=103091953

PB

• Ellevated
Re: NBA Police Blotter
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2023, 11:22:35 PM »
Houston Rockets guard Kevin Porter Jr. was arrested in New York City on Monday for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, former WNBA player Kysre Gondrezick, police sources told ABC News.

Porter, 23, was formally charged with assault and strangulation.

Porter returned early Monday morning from an evening out to the Millennium Hilton near U.N. Plaza, where he and Gondrezick were staying. Gondrezick was upset with the late hour of his return and locked the door, according to police sources. Once he entered with the help of hotel security, Porter beat up the woman, the sources said.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/houston-rockets-guard-kevin-porter-jr-arrested-domestic/story?id=103091953

How many red flags did she ignore before that?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: NBA
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2023, 09:50:22 AM »
I know very little about basketball and the NBA, and I want to know less. Don't care.

Apparently ratings are once again sinking.  Meanwhile Mark Cuban is selling his Mavericks. He's made his money, has observed the decline, and now he's cashing out while the cashing is still worth it.  He knows the market has peaked, but the boot-licking propagandists don't cover this.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2023, 10:10:24 AM »
I know very little about basketball and the NBA, and I want to know less. Don't care.

Apparently ratings are once again sinking.  Meanwhile Mark Cuban is selling his Mavericks. He's made his money, has observed the decline, and now he's cashing out while the cashing is still worth it.  He knows the market has peaked, but the boot-licking propagandists don't cover this.

Supposedly he sold a majority portion of the team, but retained control over basketball operations, in order to have the cash to pay the salary cap ''tax'' when going after better players under the new agreement.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2024, 08:52:11 AM »
The Detroit Pistons nightmare continues. The now have 3 wins and 35 losses for a robust winning percentage of 8. They recently got BTFO by a Spurs team that had just 5 wins at the time.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2024, 04:39:03 PM »
Our heroes the Pistons still at it. 4 Wins. 38 Loses

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2024, 03:04:59 PM »
Pistons made some trades and dropped a couple of guys that had no business being in the NBA in the first place.  They actually won a few games but have now descended back into hell.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2024, 09:00:26 AM »
Pistons made some trades and dropped a couple of guys that had no business being in the NBA in the first place.  They actually won a few games but have now descended back into hell.

Yeah there was a hockey game on this past Thursday night. Did ya know that?   8)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2024, 09:59:07 PM »

IF you are going to lose, lose big and fall down and get a top draft pick. The worst fate is either just missing the playoffs or being consistent first round knockouts and being stuck in purgatory of picking somewhere in the 15th spot for years. But even saying that with almost all college players leaving after a year even getting a high draft pick isn't as guaranteed as it once was because they all leave so early and you can't really scout them for four years like years gone by.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2024, 10:08:08 PM »
IF you are going to lose, lose big and fall down and get a top draft pick. The worst fate is either just missing the playoffs or being consistent first round knockouts and being stuck in purgatory of picking somewhere in the 15th spot for years. But even saying that with almost all college players leaving after a year even getting a high draft pick isn't as guaranteed as it once was because they all leave so early and you can't really scout them for four years like years gone by.

The lottery seems to screw the Pistons more often than not. They'd pick pick a bust in any event.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2024, 10:08:27 PM »
Yeah there was a hockey game on this past Thursday night. Did ya know that?   8)

Nope.  Really?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2024, 04:08:52 AM »
More than 200 points in the all star game.  Why not just extend warmups. Let teams select the ends of the court, then give each team member a ball and let them all shoot for a given period of time. They can shoot from wherever they want and as much as they want.  No need to even pretend to play defense.
Merry Christmas

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2024, 04:34:29 AM »
More than 200 points in the all star game.  Why not just extend warmups. Let teams select the ends of the court, then give each team member a ball and let them all shoot for a given period of time. They can shoot from wherever they want and as much as they want.  No need to even pretend to play defense.

It is to the point where the sports leagues shouldn't even bother to play the game any more. No one cares.  Just name the guys to the squad as an honor and leave it at that. Maybe replace it with an Old Timers game? See if a 70 year old Larry Bird still has game or watch Dan Marino's elderly quick release. Might be fun.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2024, 03:38:38 PM »

The Allstar game of most sports used to really anger me with the lack of effort, but recently I came to the realization that not everything is directed to me. As a sports fan I like effort and passion which is not at any ASG, but maybe this game isn't for the general sports fan but the casual kid who just wants to see Lebron and Steph do trick plays and wacky buckets. I am not a fan but again I just shrug my shoulders and think maybe another demo is into this

Not sure what would work. World vs USA might work, that's been talked about. My own personal idea would be something like younger guys vs older guys, make the cut off somewhere around 28-30, you might have some old man pride vs young guys wanting to show up the old guard. 

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2024, 05:45:41 PM »
In my former days of being a sports fan, I ignored the all-star games,