Author Topic: Leave The World Behind  (Read 501 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Leave The World Behind
« on: December 23, 2023, 08:53:01 AM »
After all the hype and fodder in form of youtube vids and even some conspiracy theories I had the time to watch the NetFlix HIT ((Leave The World Behind)) last night. Some big names like Julia Roberts and Ethan Hawke just to name a few are featured in this end of the world WWIII scenario, although you never really know what has actually happened but you get a fairly good idea. There has been some sort of attack on the US and elsewhere I assume.

The movie has high marks on various entertainment ratings platforms averaging 4.5 stars of 5. However, although it was 'good' and worth the time to watch it once, once is enough. If this movie came out 20 years ago it would have been referred to as average IMO because we all know that the bar is so low now that when one fairly well thought out story hits the screen it is touted as great! It's not great! It's good.

3 - 3.5 stars oot o' 5 is my rating. And I'm a pro.

whoozit

• Elluminati
Re: Leave The World Behind
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 11:22:38 AM »
I might give it a try. It just seems that that today we are trying to reduce everything to the least common denominator.  While an excellent strategy in algebra, in life it leads to mediocrity.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 12:01:01 PM »
I might give it a try. It just seems that that today we are trying to reduce everything to the least common denominator.  While an excellent strategy in algebra, in life it leads to mediocrity.

This is a classic statement.
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 05:37:00 AM »
A combination of horrible, stupid and boring at the same time. Perhaps the only likeable character was the one screeching in a language that I do not speak. 1/2 a star but I'm no pro at reviewing.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 09:59:13 AM »
A combination of horrible, stupid and boring at the same time. Perhaps the only likeable character was the one screeching in a language that I do not speak. 1/2 a star but I'm no pro at reviewing.
Huh.. well maybe I need to suffer through it again? if you're half-starring it and I generously thought it was "ok" with 3 stars, I may be wrong. But I don't want to watch it again so I'll change my review to a 1.5 star.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2024, 05:52:53 PM »
Huh.. well maybe I need to suffer through it again? if you're half-starring it and I generously thought it was "ok" with 3 stars, I may be wrong. But I don't want to watch it again so I'll change my review to a 1.5 star.

Don't watch it again. Not only is it a poor film there is a Surprise Inside!

https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/status/1742440122552041607

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 08:44:46 AM »
Don't watch it again. Not only is it a poor film there is a Surprise Inside!

https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/status/1742440122552041607
Fuck sakes man. Can't they just leave us alone. Now this shit..  ::)

Not surprised.