Author Topic: favorite movies  (Read 31456 times)

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
Re: favorite movies
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2020, 12:07:53 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

@FISH

Just your average horny, little devil!!!  ;D
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2020, 05:31:39 AM »
I saw Parasite a few days ago. Excellent!
@TigerLily  Bong Joon-ho is a brilliant director and writer. Parasite is amazing on so many different levels. I enjoy seeing the greedy wealthy class in Hollywood praising this movie. It is like—look at me I am so open minded that I enjoy movies from Asia.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2020, 05:44:26 AM »
I'm getting into a lot of foreign films right now. Melville is a favorite. Some lower brow films by Umberto Lenzi, the great Mario Bava, Sergio Martino, and Lucio Fulci. Also Godard.  Just bought Alphaville the other day and I'm aching to watch it.
@21st Century Man and @TigerLily Thanks for your recommendations.
Jim Jarmusch, Jean-Pierre Melville and Umberto Lenzi  8)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2020, 06:19:41 AM »
It looks like a social commentary like soooo many other movies these days, including Parasite.
@AnusFace AKA Mr. Wonderful.
Runaway Train (1985) was my favorite train movie until I saw Snowpiercer. @PolkaDot  ;).
I had to start watching films from other countries. I am so bored with Hollywood movies and actors with their social commentary. 10 minutes in and I could guess the ending. However, with films from Asia, I have no idea what is going to happen.
Somehow, I found this director, Bong Joon Ho. He combines comedy with horror. Who writes a story with dark humor with sudden mood shifts and death? Bong Joon-ho often works the same actors like Kang-ho Song (Parasite, Snowpiercer and The Host)

Another train movie -Train to Busan (2016) a good drama/zombie movie.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2020, 06:53:19 AM »
@AnusFace AKA Mr. Wonderful.
Runaway Train (1985) was my favorite train movie until I saw Snowpiercer. @PolkaDot  ;).
I had to start watching films from other countries. I am so bored with Hollywood movies and actors with their social commentary. 10 minutes in and I could guess the ending. However, with films from Asia, I have no idea what is going to happen.
Somehow, I found this director, Bong Joon Ho. He combines comedy with horror. Who writes a story with dark humor with sudden mood shifts and death? Bong Joon-ho often works the same actors like Kang-ho Song (Parasite, Snowpiercer and The Host)

Another train movie -Train to Busan (2016) a good drama/zombie movie.
Oohh. That sounds fun. I love zombies!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2020, 07:55:36 AM »
@TigerLily  Bong Joon-ho is a brilliant director and writer. Parasite is amazing on so many different levels. I enjoy seeing the greedy wealthy class in Hollywood praising this movie. It is like—look at me I am so open minded that I enjoy movies from Asia.

Parasite was amazing and a masterclass in filmmaking.  I especially love Snowpiercer though.  Class struggle seems to be a common theme in his work. 

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2020, 08:05:26 AM »
Oohh. That sounds fun. I love zombies!
You may like these zombies. @PolkaDot  ;)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2020, 08:15:20 AM »
Parasite was amazing and a masterclass in filmmaking.  I especially love Snowpiercer though.  Class struggle seems to be a common theme in his work.

Yes @Pizzapunch , class struggle is one of his themes. Have you seen Okja? His film about genetically modified superpigs.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2020, 08:42:09 AM »

Could be. But I thought Parasite deserved the Academy Award because of its excellence. It seems a majority of the Academy thought so too. Just like we normal people do. Except Mr. Face. Who isn't really normal, anyway
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2020, 08:43:34 AM »
Yes @Pizzapunch , class struggle is one of his themes. Have you seen Okja? His film about genetically modified superpigs.
Not yet,  I plan to get to the rest of his filmography soon.  My movie time has been limited lately and I've been on a huge Wes Anderson kick lately when I do have time. I did really like this Bong Joon film as well, "The Host".

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2020, 08:50:59 AM »
Could be. But I thought Parasite deserved the Academy Award because of its excellence. It seems a majority of the Academy thought so too. Just like we normal people do. Except Mr. Face. Who isn't really normal, anyway
I agree, and rarely do I agree with award decisions.  The only film that I think I enjoyed more last year was Ari Aster's Midsommar.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2020, 09:20:54 AM »
You may like these zombies. @PolkaDot  ;)

Fun!!! Thanks FISH!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »
@FISH- OK, I'm all queued and ready to watch Snakes on a Plane I mean Zombies on a Train.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2020, 06:36:26 AM »
I agree, and rarely do I agree with award decisions.  The only film that I think I enjoyed more last year was Ari Aster's Midsommar.

Will Midsommar be on Netflix soon? I hope so.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #149 on: February 29, 2020, 08:51:16 AM »
Will Midsommar be on Netflix soon? I hope so.
It's on Amazon prime.  I doubt it will goto Netflix for a while as Amazon has an agreement with A24, the company that distributed it.