Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett  (Read 33573 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2021, 07:27:15 AM »
There was caller last night who told Ian he was diagnosed with a terminal illness and doesn't have much time left.  All he wants to do right now is find a home for his cats before he dies, and didn't want to go through what his father did when he became terminal.  Then he struggled to ask Ian a question.  He said to Ian after several pauses, that he wanted to ask him a question because Ian had a degree in Divinity.  You could hear the man becoming emotional.  Ian said firmly "How can I help?"  "Just tell me."  The caller said "I'm scared" and went on further.

A few moments later Ian told him he'd like to talk to him privately and for him to give Tommy his number and that Tommy would text it to him.  Ian said he would then call.  I must admit that it got to me a little bit.  I wonder if Ian will ever mention talking to the guy.

I wonder how Noory would've reacted.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2021, 08:45:48 AM »
It would be a completely different show if Ian were its permanent host, none of the woo peddling charlatan ladies or nutritional snake oil salesmen would get on. Ian has an interest in the paranormal but not enough to continue Coast as a paranormal talk show. Noory is low maintenance and low cost, he's dumb as shit but not that dumb to not realize he's lucky to have the job so when it comes to new contracts he just signs without asking for more.

They put piles of play paper money in front of him at contract negotiations.  When the piles are high, he signs.  When they are not he indulges in Pizza roles.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2021, 08:46:32 AM »
The majority of listeners are homely barren women without male companionship who dream of folding Noory's underwear and neatly stacking them in rows separated by print design and color.

Nasty!  I hear they are browned out.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2021, 08:54:09 AM »
He could just tell the producer not to put them through.

I was under the impression that he did put out a directive or something. Although I do remember a story about where somebody got through and he cut him short. Wasn't that Cleophus or whoever recently set up a GoFundMe for himself?
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2021, 03:58:32 PM »
There was caller last night who told Ian he was diagnosed with a terminal illness and doesn't have much time left.  All he wants to do right now is find a home for his cats before he dies, and didn't want to go through what his father did when he became terminal.  Then he struggled to ask Ian a question.  He said to Ian after several pauses, that he wanted to ask him a question because Ian had a degree in Divinity.  You could hear the man becoming emotional.  Ian said firmly "How can I help?"  "Just tell me."  The caller said "I'm scared" and went on further.

A few moments later Ian told him he'd like to talk to him privately and for him to give Tommy his number and that Tommy would text it to him.  Ian said he would then call.  I must admit that it got to me a little bit.  I wonder if Ian will ever mention talking to the guy.

I wonder how Noory would've reacted.

That was the same caller Ian has talked to and helped privately in the past too.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2021, 06:19:18 PM »
That was the same caller Ian has talked to and helped privately in the past too.

Has he sent him his book, How To Prey When You're Pissed At God?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2021, 03:34:19 AM »
Caller :  I’m scared.
sNorry: We’ll, a lot of us have been afraid.  Haven’t you been, Tommee?  I get nervous every time I pass the pizza rolls at the 7/11.  Next up, Cornelius from Louisiana.  Have you every been scared Corny?
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2021, 08:36:38 AM »
Last night's interview with actor Peter Coyote was interesting.  I had no idea he was a Buddhist priest.  Dude did a lot of drugs in the past. Heroin addict, psychedelics, etc.  I never knew anything of his history.  I just recognized him as an actor.  He was forthcoming with his history and Ian was great with the interview.  The callers were good, except for Mike The Millennial calling in.  It surprised me that Ian let him through.  MTM was actually tolerable.  I still want to throw him off a bridge.  ;D

I was thinking about how that interview would go if Noory handled it.  We know it would be awful.  He would probably ask Peter Coyote if he liked coyotes. Haw haw haw.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2021, 08:51:41 AM »
Last night's interview with actor Peter Coyote was interesting.  I had no idea he was a Buddhist priest.  Dude did a lot of drugs in the past. Heroin addict, psychedelics, etc.  I never knew anything of his history.  I just recognized him as an actor.  He was forthcoming with his history and Ian was great with the interview.  The callers were good, except for Mike The Millennial calling in.  It surprised me that Ian let him through.  MTM was actually tolerable.  I still want to throw him off a bridge.  ;D

I was thinking about how that interview would go if Noory handled it.  We know it would be awful.  He would probably ask Peter Coyote if he liked coyotes. Haw haw haw.
Ha!  It would have been something idiotic with Jorch.  Jorch wondering what his relationship was with coyotes, was his father possibly a were-coyote, did Peter believe in werewolves, Jorch pointing out he never had a pet coyote but he used to have a make believe dog in St. Louis. 

Tip to Mr. Coyote.  If Noory ever invites you on, make last minute travel plans for Boston.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2021, 09:35:04 AM »

+1

I might check out Coyote's new book about using masks to alter (altar) perception.

Makes me think of a self-exorcism technique.  Also makes me think of  the opposite:  becoming a god, say, as in an ancient Egyptian wearing an animal mask to invoke entity of transformation.

Boom! You're Anubis.

(I hear the Thoth mask was awkward to wear.)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2021, 09:38:31 AM »
Buddhist priest.
Wasn't he their lead singer?
They had that big hit with, You've got another karmic debt comin'  real foot tapper. @ShayP

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2021, 09:43:25 AM »
They had that big hit with, You've got another karmic debt comin'  real foot tapper. @ShayP

+1

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2021, 09:45:09 AM »

I thought that was Judas Priest
Are we having fun yet?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2021, 09:51:41 AM »
I liked his last comment - that Ian had conducted an intelligent interview “which is not always what I am subjected to.”  Made me wonder if he had been on with sNoory.
Merry Christmas

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2021, 09:54:22 AM »
I thought that was Judas Priest

Gravity's Ed McMahon to KSM's Johnny Carson.