Author Topic: Musical Ellgabers | Post Your Stuff  (Read 16022 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Musical Ellgabers | Post Your Stuff
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
It started out James Brown and then got lost in Ian Gillanland.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1EDT7WgJruB

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2019, 04:27:29 PM »
Good one.
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2019, 05:24:06 AM »

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2019, 07:42:57 AM »
Poor Pepe.
Merry Christmas

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 05:03:21 PM »
I keep finding them. This was recorded in May, 1968 at Project 70 Studios, then in Athens, Georgia. Recorded in two track mono - band on one track and singers on the other. It’s The Fabulous Bluenotes playing and The Three Heads Singing. As was usual then, I played trombone.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0hi9slXKc1p
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2019, 06:49:59 PM »
I keep finding them. This was recorded in May, 1968 at Project 70 Studios, then in Athens, Georgia. Recorded in two track mono - band on one track and singers on the other. It’s The Fabulous Bluenotes playing and The Three Heads Singing. As was usual then, I played trombone.
@juan I really like that.  Did you get a chance to watch the Muscle Shoals studio documentary? Damn it's good. Love those old recordings and the stories behind them.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 03:51:48 AM »
@KSM i have not seen the Muscle Shoals documentary. I’ll have to look for it.  Thanks.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 08:13:55 PM »
@KSM i have not seen the Muscle Shoals documentary. I’ll have to look for it.  Thanks.
@juan I think it's relatively new. Within the last two years..

I don't know if you've seen Hired Gun, or Sound City but I'd put it right up there with them and others.  It's wonderful history, baby.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2019, 08:26:49 PM »
I have four Les Paul's.
I decided to lay down drums n bass. (I do not claim to be a drummer, I have my studio kit that I can play) sort of.

With all four guitars I played the identical riff through a 30 watt Marshall combo I've had since 1991. Bought it at Ward Music, Victoria BC. Fort St. They were very nice to let a teenage asshole rent to own. Never missed a payment.

First guitar; Les Paul Deluxe - Tobacco burst - soap bar pickups - 1980  Name (KING HENRY) Huge history with that guy, the guitar that is.

Second; 56 Les Paul Gold-Top re-issue 2007 Gibson  Name (That Christmas gift from my wife 2007) or (Goldie)

Third; Les Paul Special 2002 Name (Woodsville)

Fourth; Les Paul Standard - Honey Burst - 1985 I believe - Thing is very heavy!   Name (Ron Baxter)

https://soundcloud.com/user-381000070/les-paul-4-way

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2019, 09:10:13 PM »
I have four Les Paul's.
I decided to lay down drums n bass. (I do not claim to be a drummer, I have my studio kit that I can play) sort of.

With all four guitars I played the identical riff through a 30 watt Marshall combo I've had since 1991. Bought it at Ward Music, Victoria BC. Fort St. They were very nice to let a teenage asshole rent to own. Never missed a payment.

First guitar; Les Paul Deluxe - Tobacco burst - soap bar pickups - 1980  Name (KING HENRY) Huge history with that guy, the guitar that is.

Second; 56 Les Paul Gold-Top re-issue 2007 Gibson  Name (That Christmas gift from my wife 2007) or (Goldie)

Fourth; Les Paul Standard - Honey Burst - 1985 I believe - Thing is very heavy!   Name (Ron Baxter)

I think @Walks_At_Night would compare it to Britny Fox.
He can't be trusted, though.
He thinks everything is a Britny Fox copy.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 09:21:42 PM »
A Britney Fox?  ???

As in "please welcome back to the main stage, Britny Fox!" ?

And it's not a song, you idiot.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2019, 09:51:08 PM »

My God, Bart. That was wonderful. James Brown was really good. But this one ... Ooh la la.

More please
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2019, 10:40:09 PM »
I have four Les Paul's.

So very Awesome! But I was just getting warmed up; shaking my appropriately curved booty. And it was over

You wouldn't do Science would you? I've always wanted to meet an axe slinging scientist
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 10:46:49 PM »

Ok. juan. You're up. You got some stiff competition here. 

Oh. That was gorgeous. But we need a solo spotlight to really appreciate your sound

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2019, 10:51:46 PM »

What a talented bunch. So glad you started this thread. Sign me up as your first groupie.

Ell's Belles. Or just The Belles

More music please