Author Topic: The Amtrak Train Thread  (Read 5439 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: The Amtrak Train Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 06:43:15 PM »
Ride the Dog from Pittsburgh to LA and write a book about the experience. It will be an interesting tale.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorry bud.  California is not on my list.  I won't go that far.  Nope. 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 06:44:19 PM »
Nope. I've lifted my self imposed, albeit irrational, restriction and expanded my horizons.  Now only Utah, Nevada, and California are off limits.  Oh, also Alaska and Hawaii.  I don't think you can go to Hawaii on a train anyway.  ;)

Would the Nevada ban be lifted if you learned that there is a Clown Motel in Nevada? Because there is and it's not creepy at all.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2021, 06:48:05 PM »
Would the Nevada ban be lifted if you learned that there is a Clown Motel in Nevada? Because there is and it's not creepy at all.

Man, I really hate clowns.  Seriously. And is that a graveyard in that one pic?  :o

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2021, 06:48:52 PM »
Sorry bud.  California is not on my list.  I won't go that far.  Nope.

Perhaps not a bad policy. Every time I've been there (at least west of the Sierra's) I've not been sad to leave.  Although in the Bay Area, I was in an elevator once, it stopped at a floor and George Clinton got on and gave me a "What up Dog". 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2021, 06:54:49 PM »
Man, I really hate clowns.  Seriously. And is that a graveyard in that one pic?  :o

A grave yard in the dirt even. So sad, seems to me that all graveyards should have some grass and trees and chirping birds. I don't think I could handle living in the desert. Yard work amounts to blowing the dirt off your driveway.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 06:55:18 PM »
Perhaps not a bad policy. Every time I've been there (at least west of the Sierra's) I've not been sad to leave.  Although in the Bay Area, I was in an elevator once, it stopped at a floor and George Clinton got on and gave me a "What up Dog".

Ha! No shit. That's a little surreal. ;D Please tell me you barked at him.  :D

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2021, 06:59:28 PM »
Ha! No shit. That's a little surreal. ;D Please tell me you barked at him.  :D

Was back when I was just a young guy out of school and we still wore coats and ties. Was with a couple of older guys that had worked on the Apollo program. All I can say they were not impressed with Mr. Clinton and that he smelt just about the way he looks.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 07:00:10 PM »
I took a train from Stuttgart to Gräfenhainichen in 2009 and there was free wifi the whole way.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 07:01:19 PM »
A grave yard in the dirt even. So sad, seems to me that all graveyards should have some grass and trees and chirping birds. I don't think I could handle living in the desert. Yard work amounts to blowing the dirt off your driveway.

Yeah, that graveyard is bleak.  I wouldn't want to live in the desert either.  However if all the yard work I had to do was just blow dirt off the driveway, well, that's enticing. But I'll pass.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2021, 07:04:08 PM »
I took a train from Stuttgart to Gräfenhainichen in 2009 and there was free wifi the whole way.

In 2009?  I'm a luddite.  I really don't know when wifi became a thing.  :-[

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2021, 07:04:28 PM »

Took a train from Windsor to Toronto on a class trip once and our whole class was stoked that when you flushed the bowl, a little trap door opened and you could see the train tracks. That's bound to have changed now on trains, hasn't it?   Haven't been on one for any real distance since then.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2021, 07:05:26 PM »
Was back when I was just a young guy out of school and we still wore coats and ties. Was with a couple of older guys that had worked on the Apollo program. All I can say they were not impressed with Mr. Clinton and that he smelt just about the way he looks.

LOL!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2021, 07:08:04 PM »
Took a train from Windsor to Toronto on a class trip once and our whole class was stoked that when you flushed the bowl, a little trap door opened and you could see the train tracks. That's bound to have changed now on trains, hasn't it?   Haven't been on one for any real distance since then.

So, wait.  All the shit and piss went on the tracks?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2021, 07:09:06 PM »
So, wait.  All the shit and piss went on the tracks?

Yeah.  Still might as far as I know. That's why people tell you never to walk along train tracks.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2021, 07:10:00 PM »
In 2009?  I'm a luddite.  I really don't know when wifi became a thing.  :-[

It had to be rare if that is what I remember about the train.
That and it was filled with fucking Germans.