Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 25398 times)

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1170 on: May 07, 2019, 03:27:28 PM »
I noticed that the emerging artists are now laced for only half the show now. One sounded like a couple of friends got drunk and turned on a recorder. Awful.

I attribute that to not having many people sending things in.  I mean honestly,  how many people are sending in their tapes? Dozens, on a good month,  maybe. 
Noory was the real legacy...

Nucky Nolan

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1171 on: May 07, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »
You are on a streak?

I'm on a long streak of not listening to the show. It's not a hard habit to break.

Sofia

• Elluminati
« Reply #1172 on: May 08, 2019, 12:38:20 AM »
I'm on a long streak of not listening to the show. It's not a hard habit to break.
I am on a streak of using the show as white noise!

Sofia

• Elluminati
« Reply #1173 on: May 08, 2019, 12:39:38 AM »
I made a lot of funny jokes back in my hayday :) i had to take a hiatus because of school. But now i have 4 months of going back to doing all the things i love,  like being here!
...like being here!  I see how you are.  What field did you study, or were you a generalist?

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
« Reply #1174 on: May 09, 2019, 06:32:23 PM »
...like being here!  I see how you are.  What field did you study, or were you a generalist?

I started out in astrophysics,  realized that the field's inner politics, pay scale, and stress levels were a recipe for a hellish life. So now I'm in meteorology! What I'm doing specifically is still to be determined. I have a current research project but it's a secret :) I'll let you know when i publish it.
Noory was the real legacy...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1175 on: May 09, 2019, 07:03:42 PM »
I started out in astrophysics,  realized that the field's inner politics, pay scale, and stress levels were a recipe for a hellish life. So now I'm in meteorology! What I'm doing specifically is still to be determined. I have a current research project but it's a secret :) I'll let you know when i publish it.

Correlation between LaNina and Central Texas flooding?
I am a rocket scientist. Please do not embarrass yourself by asking me to help configure your laptop.

Sofia

• Elluminati
« Reply #1176 on: May 10, 2019, 01:21:22 AM »
Glad you found a more palatable field!  I wonder how meteorologists cope when they know weather is affected by cloud-seeding, HAARP, etc...  It must be like a doctor who examines the ear of a targeted individual and sees an old 1960s implant in there.  Has to pretend it's not there.  Or, like when a scan reveals a chip - everyone has to play dumb.  I think meteorology is exciting & hope they have ways of continuing to report honest forecasts.

Nucky Nolan

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1177 on: May 12, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »
I am on a streak of using the show as white noise!

There's nothing wrong with that. It might even bring forth the ghostly voice of Art Bell.