Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274734 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2018, 02:26:04 PM »
Perhaps in ruling “accident” vs. “suicide”, the Vegas authorities were offering a final “tip of the cap” to one of their favorite Nevada characters— the Patron Saint of late night workers, insomniacs, and edge-dwellers everywhere.

Yes, in the absence of a note, an eyewitness, or any contrary evidence,  the finding would have to be “accidental”. 

The truth will remain a mystery,
as befits Art Bell.
Yes.

"I leave it to the listening audience to make their own decisions."

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Doomed

• Ellightened
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2018, 02:31:11 PM »
He was abusing them, since a fatal dose is well above anything therapeutic, and he can not have been unaware of the danger.  The line is blurry and, in the pursuit of oblivion, they can't be sure when they cross over from temporary to permanent.
One of your best.  8) Someone get this man a chair!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2018, 02:42:34 PM »
This is wild speculation and only opinion. If Heather is truly on disability from an injury could she have had pills of her own? Did Art manipulate her into giving him some? That could explain the depth of her reaction.
Merry Christmas

Starman2018

• Drone Pilot
  • Alpha Male Instructor/Professional Boomer
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »
How I bumped into Art Bell on the airwaves:
I had moved to Bucksport Maine USA in 94 and had to raise my daughter as a stay at home parent when I first settled into town. I had an old AM/FM/shortwave radio and being super bored one night I started surfing the SW\FM bands. It was Arts voice that first caught my attention. He had the natural talent of making me feel that perhaps he stopped by and was just having a chat with you. His show had a unique laid back, how ya doing kind of feel to it even though he was thousands of miles away and had no idea who you were. Some say he created theatre of the mind. Bang on. He was an entertainer and a master of his craft. I was a fan from the first night I tuned in. Unique guests, topics, and callers. Weather you agreed with them or not it didn't seem to matter. It was entertaining and I think that was the point. Not to prove Bigfoot was found and finally captured in central park, proof Aliens had landed on earth and were living in secret in the back stock room at a local Wal-mart, and JC of course. Who could forget him calling Art weather it was a set up or not it you stuck around to see where he was taking things that night. The spooky Ghost to Ghost. It was indeed a great ride and those who follow will never fill his shoes or have his style. Art was the total package. I think Keith said "just like The Tonight show there will be many hosts but never another Johnny Carson. So thanks Art for making us laugh, scratch our heads, roll our eyes, share your stories, and keep us company late into the night at home and out on the road. You will be missed. "West of the Rockies, hello! Your on the air"...Rest in piece my friend.....
Enjoying the continuing journey of discovering infinite diversity...

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
  • Founding member: Bart's Bitchen Babes
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2018, 04:34:43 PM »
A doctor would tell a patient to take BOTH hydrocodone and oxycodone?  I wonder if Art had one of those from an old prescription and decided on his own to combine them, probably knowing full well what the result could be.  Of course, he could have gotten it without a prescription, too.

I've seen Oxycodone used for chronic pain and Hydrocodone used for break through pain. Dying from an 'accidental' overdose is better than what lies ahead for most with COPD.
Praise BE

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2018, 05:30:02 PM »
Art always said he would like to try inducing a near death experience. Maybe he figured that was the time to try?

I really hope Heather wasn't involved with this.

Oh shit.  Time for a 'Run, Heather, Run' thread?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2018, 05:34:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1024747107880771585

Is Ian hinting at possible connections?  The word 'Legacy' is intriguing, no?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2018, 05:35:51 PM »

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2018, 05:39:58 PM »
A doctor would tell a patient to take BOTH hydrocodone and oxycodone?  I wonder if Art had one of those from an old prescription and decided on his own to combine them, probably knowing full well what the result could be.  Of course, he could have gotten it without a prescription, too.

If only there were someone he could have reached out to.  Someone who could make the street connections for him.  Someone who could wade through that seamy underworld.  Perhaps we'll never know.  Or maybe the Pahrump coppers are just playing clueless and are moving their investigation right along.  If that were so, I would hope they could nab the perps before they disappear.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2018, 05:41:41 PM »
This is wild speculation and only opinion. If Heather is truly on disability from an injury could she have had pills of her own? Did Art manipulate her into giving him some? That could explain the depth of her reaction.

Why, hello there little Juan.  I'm not sure what it is, exactly, that you're saying.

Jocko Johnson

• KNYE
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2018, 05:51:44 PM »
BULLSEYE!!!
JJ

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2018, 07:37:44 PM »
I called it.  I knew it was an OD.  The only part I got wrong was that I thought fentanyl might have been involved.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

BielekWasRight

• KIDD
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »
Well...I know his love of quitting points in one direction...but at the same time...his judgment towards business, his apprentice, and being "stalked" makes me think he probably just screwed up.

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
  • Run Airyn... Run and don't look back...
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2018, 07:43:12 PM »
Is Ian hinting at possible connections?  The word 'Legacy' is intriguing, no?
From threatening the Hoover to threatening the legacy in one post.  :-\

BettyO417

• KIDD
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2018, 09:04:52 PM »
Art’s toxicology back. His death caused by accidental overdose from his own medication. Wow, what a loss. Wonder if enough of that stuff suppressed his breathing issues.

Glad to hear Dave will give us closure and Keith will be part of it. Keith has been through the highs and lows with Art. Nobody knows Art better than Rowland..

Peace out....