Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 298213 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #2295 on: June 15, 2024, 07:14:36 AM »
From April 10, 1997. On U7 this morning, Elizabeth Claire Prophet...  what could have been her last interview before being diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I was rabbit holing looking for confirmation of that.

The timing couldn't have been better, just released, probably a month ago:
https://harpers.org/archive/2024/06/the-prophet-who-wasnt-after-the-apocalypse-that-failed-emily-harnett/

her 1997 Art Bell show appearance seems to be very much damage control from the Heaven's Gate mass suicide.  The fact that she is going to be making an appearance in San Diego, as a announced on the show, certainly leads me to think that.

It sounded like Art was thinking about how he was implicated in the HG self-deletion.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2296 on: June 15, 2024, 01:17:11 PM »
On one of the later shows, Dark Matter or MITD there is an episode where near the beggining of the show Art says, implies, that he is selling the compound/the place in Pahrump (Compound - my word) He throws out the price of 5Mill as he describes the layout of the property, off grid home, and many other features that refer to the other structures on the property.

Essentially 5,000,000 for an outdated doublewide on 5 acres with a bunch of things that were completely suited for him. An eccentric multi-multi millionaire who happened to be a mega-fan would buy this but surely nobody else would even consider such an investment. 

One (this one) wonders whether or not he was contacted by a potential buyer. Either way it was never sold. 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2297 on: June 15, 2024, 01:21:00 PM »
On one of the later shows, Dark Matter or MITD there is an episode where near the beggining of the show Art says, implies, that he is selling the compound/the place in Pahrump (Compound - my word) He throws out the price of 5Mill as he describes the layout of the property, off grid home, and many other features that refer to the other structures on the property.

Essentially 5,000,000 for an outdated doublewide on 5 acres with a bunch of things that were completely suited for him. An eccentric multi-multi millionaire who happened to be a mega-fan would buy this but surely nobody else would even consider such an investment. 

One (this one) wonders whether or not he was contacted by a potential buyer. Either way it was never sold.

Maybe someone was nagging him. I get calls all the time. I add 25% to my house's value to shut them up. "Yes, I will sell, here's my price, send me docs, I'll call you when I get them."
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2298 on: June 15, 2024, 02:44:14 PM »
Maybe someone was nagging him. I get calls all the time. I add 25% to my house's value to shut them up. "Yes, I will sell, here's my price, send me docs, I'll call you when I get them."
Exactly! We used to get calls every spring/early summer about our rental property in town (side by side duplex) it was always a broken English accent too (Indian) so I would do what I did when bidding on jobs for those stinky garbage people and give them an outrageous at the time number. They would do a sort of laugh-smirk and that would be that. When we moved and sold it, it sold for 495. 5k less than what I told those assholes on all those calls.

I hope she's enjoying the money.   :)

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2299 on: June 15, 2024, 03:34:24 PM »
I get calls all the time from alleged car dealers wanting my 12-year old low mileage Toyota.  I tell them I will swap it for a new Land Cruiser if they will pay all the taxes and transfer fees.  They go away for a couple of days.

For a time some religious outfit came around.  I never figured out what they were, but they would send two women to the door and two men would wait at the bottom of the stairs.  At the time I had Bosnian friends and could mimic their accent pretty well.  The woman would start their pitch and I'd shout down to the men, "How much for women?  How much this one?"
That would usually keep them away for about a month.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2300 on: June 15, 2024, 04:07:21 PM »
I get calls all the time from alleged car dealers wanting my 12-year old low mileage Toyota.  I tell them I will swap it for a new Land Cruiser if they will pay all the taxes and transfer fees.  They go away for a couple of days.

For a time some religious outfit came around.  I never figured out what they were, but they would send two women to the door and two men would wait at the bottom of the stairs.  At the time I had Bosnian friends and could mimic their accent pretty well.  The woman would start their pitch and I'd shout down to the men, "How much for women?  How much this one?"
That would usually keep them away for about a month.

7th Dayers liked to send me a couple of Latinas. The white women stopped. Yes, their apparent husbands were out on the driveway.

Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2301 on: June 15, 2024, 04:27:04 PM »
That, of course, is where I got the idea.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2302 on: June 15, 2024, 04:33:38 PM »
That, of course, is where I got the idea.

That line is classic!

The Churches keep track.

When they found out that Japanese was spoken in my house, they started sending Japanese women. They acted like they knew the spousal unit. Hahaha!
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2303 on: June 16, 2024, 04:16:38 PM »
From 2008, he was addressing pandemic viruses. Contemporary discussion. A caller called it "molecular husbandry" instead of "gain of function." Even referring to China.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/Art_Bell_interviews_Dr__Gary_Ridenour_about_bird_flu_/17-612477/
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2304 on: June 20, 2024, 07:05:38 PM »
08-29-1997

The Absolute Best of Art Bell.

Chancellor Broadcasting actually edited together a bunch of different segments to create the show. Area 51 pilot, Mel's hole... 

I like this format.

Somewhere in Time is remarkable because of how the whole show is so contemporary. The greatest hits is a real good for somebody new to AB and it's good for background entertainment.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2305 on: June 22, 2024, 11:13:28 PM »
08-28-2001 Unabomber, Tylenol poisoning investigator Candice DeLong.

Interesting listen, especially when she talked about predatory psychics.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2306 on: June 23, 2024, 12:50:33 AM »
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2307 on: June 23, 2024, 07:40:48 AM »
08-28-2001 Unabomber, Tylenol poisoning investigator Candice DeLong.

Interesting listen, especially when she talked about predatory psychics.
Yep, that was a good one.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2308 on: June 23, 2024, 04:13:34 PM »
2002-06-11

Nancy Lieder, her bad phone and bad predictions.

https://zetatalk.com/

https://www.reddit.com/r/LPOTL/comments/uioxyl/zeta_talk_nibiru_nancy_lieder/

Wow. Forgot all about the Zetatalk lady. That goes back!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2309 on: June 23, 2024, 04:18:32 PM »

Wow. Forgot all about the Zetatalk lady. That goes back!

I did not remember much until it got to the point where she might've gone down to her sister's house to finish the interview. I remember that clearly. I kept screaming to myself it's a bad phone cord.

She's still active online too.
Eh, nevermind...