Author Topic: 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading  (Read 55605 times)

Fort Rocky

• KDWN
Re: 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading
« Reply #1590 on: October 29, 2020, 07:22:22 AM »
I'm a dummy!

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1591 on: October 29, 2020, 07:24:24 AM »
I'm a dummy!

Indeed.
Silly for thinking you can drag politics into a thread that isn't in the politics section, too.

Zetaspeak

• KNYE
« Reply #1592 on: October 29, 2020, 10:25:51 AM »
Amid pandemic, U.S. has seen 300,000 ‘excess deaths

Now, in the most updated count to date, researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found that nearly 300,000 more people in the United States died from late January to early October this year compared the average number of people who died in recent years. Just two-thirds of those deaths were counted as Covid-19 fatalities, highlighting how the official U.S. death count — now standing at about 220,000 — is not fully inclusive.

To be exact, the researchers reported that 299,028 more people died from Jan. 26 to Oct. 3 this year than on average during the same stretch from 2015 to 2019.

There were also differences among different age groups, with the largest increase occurring among people age 25 to 44, who saw excess deaths that were 26.5% higher than average. People 45 to 64 had 14.4% more deaths, while those 65 to 74 had 24.1% more deaths. Deaths among people 75 to 84 were 21.5% higher and 14.7% higher for people 85 and above. Deaths this year for people under 25, however, were 2% below average.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/20/cdc-data-excess-deaths-covid-19

This was the statistic I was really waiting for, there was alot of conspiracies and covid-deniers who would say that "it just replaces flue death with covid death" or hospitals are making all deaths covid deaths. This statistic proves there has more added deaths this year, which really proves conspiracy sites were lying or dare I say putting out fake news (will any own up to it? I won't hold my breath)

I was REALLY surprised that the death rate between 25-44 is the highest jump this year even passing oldtimers. I don't think anyone reported or predicted that. I guess so few young people die, even the few (in numbers) who died from covid makes a big jump in percentage.

PB

• Ellightened
« Reply #1593 on: October 29, 2020, 10:54:54 AM »
Amid pandemic, U.S. has seen 300,000 ‘excess deaths

Now, in the most updated count to date, researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found that nearly 300,000 more people in the United States died from late January to early October this year compared the average number of people who died in recent years. Just two-thirds of those deaths were counted as Covid-19 fatalities, highlighting how the official U.S. death count — now standing at about 220,000 — is not fully inclusive.

To be exact, the researchers reported that 299,028 more people died from Jan. 26 to Oct. 3 this year than on average during the same stretch from 2015 to 2019...

This was the statistic I was really waiting for, there was alot of conspiracies and covid-deniers who would say that "it just replaces flue death with covid death" or hospitals are making all deaths covid deaths. This statistic proves there has more added deaths this year, which really proves conspiracy sites were lying or dare I say putting out fake news (will any own up to it? I won't hold my breath)...

It doesn't actually prove anything, although it's certainly an indicator.  I'd like to see a 10, 20, or 50 year trendline, not a four year average.  It's too easy to cherry-pick the baseline data, as we've seen in the climate change debate.  Even then, people die from other causes that fluctuate from year to year.  Before covid, how were those fluctuations explained?  Were the just ''unexplained''?

Speaking of Fake News, when are we going to see reports on the number of deaths related to the governors of NY, NJ, PA, and MI sending covid positive patients to nursing homes and other elder care facilities.  That policy defies the imagination, and those deaths were completely avoidable.  It's a large percentage of the total, somehow we aren't allowed to know that number though.

Up All Night

• Drone Pilot
  • I remember when
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #1594 on: November 14, 2020, 12:49:51 PM »

Up All Night

• Drone Pilot
  • I remember when
« Reply #1595 on: November 19, 2020, 04:18:10 AM »
Texas, Florida and South Dakota governors refuse lockdowns as coronavirus resurges

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-florida-south-dakota-governors-refuse-lockdowns-coronavirus-resurges-n1248042

America’s Two Largest Republican States Announce They Will Have No More Lockdowns

https://www.dailywire.com/news/americas-two-largest-republican-states-announce-they-will-have-no-more-lockdowns

Bold statements by these Governors. I guess a Pres. Biden will have to send in the Military to correct them after he orders a National Lockdown, which CA Gov. Newsom will gleefully cheerlead. For National Security blah blah blah reasons...

PB

• Ellightened
« Reply #1596 on: November 19, 2020, 05:35:07 AM »
Texas, Florida and South Dakota governors refuse lockdowns as coronavirus resurges

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-florida-south-dakota-governors-refuse-lockdowns-coronavirus-resurges-n1248042

America’s Two Largest Republican States Announce They Will Have No More Lockdowns

https://www.dailywire.com/news/americas-two-largest-republican-states-announce-they-will-have-no-more-lockdowns

Bold statements by these Governors. I guess a Pres. Biden will have to send in the Military to correct them after he orders a National Lockdown, which CA Gov. Newsom will gleefully cheerlead. For National Security blah blah blah reasons...

Maybe Biden should start in lockdown states, with state officials themselves.  To, you know, set an example.  And so the rest of us at least aren't forced to sit by and have this level of hypocrisy rubbed in our faces.  He won't though.

This is just California, and just this week:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-lawmakers-defend-hawaiian-trip-as-criticism-mounts/ar-BB1ba13q?ocid=msedgntp

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/10/30/newsom-sends-his-children-back-to-school-classrooms-in-california-1332811

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/news/top-brass-at-california-medical-association-joined-newsom-at-french-laundry/

PB

• Ellightened
« Reply #1597 on: November 19, 2020, 05:53:35 AM »
The lesson is instead of broadcasting resistance, claim to go along - then do whatever you please.

Just ''apologize'' if you're caught, and for extra credit claim you're in compliance anyway.  Then apply for a handout.

anniem

• Ellevated
  • There oughta be a law!
« Reply #1598 on: November 19, 2020, 08:36:19 AM »
The lesson is instead of broadcasting resistance, claim to go along - then do whatever you please.
Just ''apologize'' if you're caught, and for extra credit claim you're in compliance anyway.  Then apply for a handout.

I like that idea.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A RESURGENCE OF THE FLU?????

Maybe because it is.......................................flu season!
"True funnies are the funniest of all funnies." - Bart Ell

When in trouble when in doubt, run in circles scream and shout.

juan

• Ellightened
  • From off the Atlantic Coast, Surficial
« Reply #1599 on: November 19, 2020, 09:16:23 AM »
If caught, just say you heard mask wearing was now racist and that you oppose racism.  If the cop persists start screaming “White Supremacist!!!!!”
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

Kidnostad

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1600 on: November 19, 2020, 07:14:18 PM »
No excuses!

Up All Night

• Drone Pilot
  • I remember when
« Reply #1601 on: November 21, 2020, 03:55:56 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Up All Night

• Drone Pilot
  • I remember when
« Reply #1602 on: November 21, 2020, 05:17:17 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

PB

• Ellightened

Up All Night

• Drone Pilot
  • I remember when
« Reply #1604 on: November 24, 2020, 04:02:31 AM »
On March 17, 2020 The Gateway Pundit first reported on the controversial Ethiopian politician and Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO), Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, and his irresponsible and completely inaccurate fear mongering.

Tedros claimed in a press conference in early March that the fatality rate for the coronavirus was 3.4% — many multiples that of the fatality rate of the common flu which is estimated to be around 0.1%.

This egregiously false premise led to the greatest global pandemic panic in world history.

The Gateway Pundit reported at the time that the coronavirus fatality rate reported by the liberal mainstream media was completely inaccurate and the actual rate was more like a typical seasonal flu – the media was lying again.

The false reporting of the coronavirus fatality rate at 3.4% in the media started with the statements made by the WHO in early March.

The Gateway Pundit reported, according to CDC numbers, in the US in the 2019-2020 flu season, there were 222,552 confirmed cases of the flu from testing and an estimated 36 million flu cases in the United States.

There were 22,000 estimated deaths from the flu as reported by the CDC.

The number of individuals who contracted the flu is an estimate.

There is no way to know how many people in the US had the flu in a given flu season because many cases are not severe and people do not have a test taken to confirm they had the flu. They believe their symptoms are minor and go on with their normal lives thinking they had a cold or something similar. Because of this, the CDC estimated 36 million people had the flu in this past flu season.

The rate of the number of individuals who died from the flu to the number of individuals who were estimated to have had the flu is 0.1% (22,552 / 36 million). This is an estimate and the amount used above by the Director General of the WHO as the mortality rate for the flu.

In October, more than a half a year after our initial report in March, the WHO released new numbers that indicate that the China coronavirus has mortality similar to the flu.

The WHO now estimates that 750,000,000 people have had the coronavirus today. With one million global deaths that puts the mortality rate at 0.13%.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/thanksgiving-never-forget-called-experts-wrong-covid-still-less-lethal-last-three-major-us-pandemics/