Author Topic: MARCH FUNDRAISER - Meals on Wheels Contra Costa  (Read 1015 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
MARCH FUNDRAISER - Meals on Wheels Contra Costa
« on: February 28, 2022, 08:06:58 AM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our March revenue to Meals on Wheels Contra Costa. These kind people give the slob known as George Senda food. Does he appreciate it? No, he complains about their meals. He yells at the drivers who deliver these free meals to him. He is a vile sloth who abuses the kindess of these people.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting this link

Thanks to @damon  for recommending them.

Meals on Wheels of Contra Costa was founded in 1990 with the goal to bridge the widening gap between an ever increasing number of frail homebound elders in need of Meals on Wheels in our county and insufficient government funding for these critical services. Meals on Wheels of Contra Costa is a coalition of all the public agencies, non-profit organizations, and senior citizen advisory groups involved in providing Meals on Wheels services to frail homebound elders in Contra Costa County. Meals on Wheels of Contra Costa is the only agency in our county raising funds to provide the meals delivered to homebound elders served by the countywide Meals on Wheels Program.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: MARCH FUNDRAISER - Meals on Wheels Contra Costa
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 10:21:12 AM »
Could this be like paying them not to deliver to our fat friend? Could that be a condition?
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 11:55:18 AM »
Way to go @damon . Nice way to remind our right wing nuts that even poor old people need to eat. May they never be old and in need of the basics, like a decent meal
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 02:41:05 PM »
Way to go @damon . Nice way to remind our right wing nuts that even poor old people need to eat. May they never be old and in need of the basics, like a decent meal
Thanks @TigerLily

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 02:56:12 PM »
Meals on Wheels is great for more than just the food.  It's the personal connection for those receiving the meals.  Unless you realize you are delivering to Falkie, then you just throw the bag at him.  Seriously, good choice @damon.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 04:00:29 PM »
Meals on Wheels is great for more than just the food.  It's the personal connection for those receiving the meals.  Unless you realize you are delivering to Falkie, then you just throw the bag at him.  Seriously, good choice @damon.
Thanks @ShayP

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2022, 06:07:19 PM »

Oh damn, are the Olympics over already?

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2022, 10:04:29 PM »
Oh damn, are the Olympics over already?

Yes. They were fun while they lasted. Although it was a very odd venue

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Invasion Dreams?
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 11:26:19 AM »
I like M.O.W. and the drivers that do it.

There is something so immediate about it. Gritty. Boots Wheels on the ground. Coalesce in the flesh. Straightforward. There is no doubt what action is being taken. It is a satisfyingly tangible safety net.

It must be said, if for some reason a hit from far away Sicily or Odessa, TX, were ever placed on Mr. SinDuh, there might be no better camouflage to complete the contract than by M.O.W.

For personal theatrics, said mechanic would role play at the point of delivery:

"I heard you were saying some negative shit about our green beans and Hawaiian rolls. We're done here."

BLAMMO

A green delivery. No Styrofoam container used.