Author Topic: Music - Discuss your favorite music here.  (Read 291871 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Music - Discuss your favorite music here.
« Reply #1230 on: September 26, 2020, 02:43:29 PM »
Look @SpookPumpkin , kitty cat!

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1231 on: September 26, 2020, 03:15:03 PM »
Look @SpookPumpkin , kitty cat!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #1232 on: September 26, 2020, 10:45:35 PM »

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1233 on: September 27, 2020, 09:12:20 AM »
Have you seen this guy, @ShayP ?

Singing the Blaze stuff is interesting to hear

Bruce the ballad singer...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1234 on: September 27, 2020, 10:39:12 AM »

Dang it, once I start watching these old Blues videos I can easily lose 4-5 hours...

Thanks for this one Rik, somehow I missed Sister Rosetta

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1235 on: September 27, 2020, 01:35:03 PM »
Have you seen this guy, @ShayP ?

:o  No I haven't. @Bart Ell  I'm impressed.  I will listen to the first two videos later tonight, but I did the Forever one.  I give it a stamp of approval.  8)  This guy is good.  I was thinking it was an overdub or something but he sounds remarkably like Bruce.

Thanks for these vids!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • Bro-Brah-Bruh-Bra-Bru-Broh
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1236 on: September 27, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
I loathe these WHAT IF FUCKFACE SAND FOR THE SHITHEADS videos. Pointless idiocy.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #1237 on: September 27, 2020, 04:57:56 PM »
Dang it, once I start watching these old Blues videos I can easily lose 4-5 hours...

Thanks for this one Rik, somehow I missed Sister Rosetta

You bet, PB.  I was surprised to find it myself as I was going through 60s garage band vids at the time.  lol

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1238 on: September 27, 2020, 05:09:57 PM »
You bet, PB.  I was surprised to find it myself as I was going through 60s garage band vids at the time.  lol

Check out the venue - it's an old railroad station, with tracks between the stage and the audience.  When the camera shows her from the side you can see a highway going past up behind the seats.  In the beginning of the video, she walks past a sign that says ''Chorltonville''... :

Wilbraham Road railway station Manchester, England opened in 1892...  The railway line has since been converted into a cycle track.

On 7 May 1964, Granada Television transformed the disused buildings into Chorltonville, a southern U.S.-style station, for a programme called Blues and Gospel Train with Muddy Waters, Otis Spann, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Rev. Gary Davis and Cousin Joe Pleasant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilbraham_Road_railway_station

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1239 on: September 27, 2020, 05:24:47 PM »
Okay. @Bart Ell  I had to listen to him do Forever again and I like it even more.  The Blaze tune...The Edge of Darkness.  Wow.  I wish Bruce never left back then.  Blaze, well, I couldn't get into him.  However he did have some decent tracks.  Where was Raphael Mendes back then!???  Probably unborn.  Anyway...

To the first video and the variety of the songs.  Loved them all except for the Evanescence and Bryan Adams song.

This guy is amazing!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #1240 on: September 27, 2020, 05:32:02 PM »
Check out the venue - it's an old railroad depot, with tracks between the stage and the audience.  When the camera shows her from the side you can see a highway going past up behind the seats.  In the beginning of the video, she walks past a sign that says ''Chorltonville''... :

Wilbraham Road railway station Manchester, England opened in 1892...  The railway line has since been converted into a cycle track.

On 7 May 1964, Granada Television transformed the disused buildings into Chorltonville, a southern U.S.-style station, for a programme called Blues and Gospel Train with Muddy Waters, Otis Spann, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Rev. Gary Davis and Cousin Joe Pleasant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilbraham_Road_railway_station

Nice background info!  One of the commenters on YouTube was amazed that Sister could do her act while wearing those high heels.  Typical for the times, the kids watching (and digging it) were all white.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1241 on: September 27, 2020, 05:34:12 PM »
... the kids watching (and digging it) were all white.

Well, it is England.

The Stones, Beatles, and others in the UK at the time were captivated by the old blues tunes from the US and their bands were greatly influenced by them.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1242 on: September 27, 2020, 05:47:27 PM »
Okay. @Bart Ell  I had to listen to him do Forever again and I like it even more.  The Blaze tune...The Edge of Darkness.  Wow.  I wish Bruce never left back then.  Blaze, well, I couldn't get into him.  However he did have some decent tracks.  Where was Raphael Mendes back then!???  Probably unborn.  Anyway...

To the first video and the variety of the songs.  Loved them all except for the Evanescence and Bryan Adams song.

This guy is amazing!

Lots more on his channel.
His accent ruins the illusion on some lines but it is fun to hear, no matter what sourpuss thinks.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #1243 on: September 30, 2020, 01:30:23 AM »

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #1244 on: September 30, 2020, 07:41:51 PM »