Author Topic: Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road  (Read 148101 times)

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
Re: Midnight in the Diner: Tales from the Road
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2018, 08:45:55 PM »
Was hungover n missing all day n not much around n gave up once n also saving shells, as excuse,  n trying to recover but got a one-shot, two-kills when finally goaded n sick of ribbing. It was a particular extra hot humid day but the one-shot, two kill felt awesome.

A full belly and a long nap does wonders!

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2018, 08:49:27 PM »
They have beef, and how it tastes varies depending on the types you get and what you do with it. Most of the meat is seafood, chicken and pork though.

I've seen the fish farms they have over there on television.
I've got a few pictures of the catfish farms that I've passed in Mississippi. I'll have to dig through and find them one of these days...

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2018, 08:52:06 PM »
Ha!

I got some bad karma, not that I believe that Asian stuff, but appreciate our Christian teachings (hey I'm stirring it up) one time when a particular obnoxious friend of friend (ended up being some client type of deal under a pretext as friend, buddy who figured out pretex. Guest for fun time of fishing and hunting got a burger with a Copenhagen seasoning.) I and nobody else knew but he self-policed. Disappeared beore morning. Alive, because other contact later.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2018, 08:53:36 PM »
Poor soil quality would explain that.

Secondly, I'll take mine American. Ma'am!

I will give them credit, they have super cute desserts, especially around Christmas!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2018, 08:57:18 PM »
I got some bad karma, not that I believe that Asian stuff, but appreciate our Christian teachings (hey I'm stirring it up) one time when a particular obnoxious friend of friend (ended up being some client type of deal under a pretext as friend, buddy who figured out pretex. Guest for fun time of fishing and hunting got a burger with a Copenhagen seasoning.) I and nobody else knew but he self-policed. Disappeared til next morning.

My circle of friends gets smaller and smaller, and I prefer it that way! Another thing is that I never get drunk at bars anymore. On guard, always.

Lob Bazare

• KDWN
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2018, 08:58:13 PM »
My tale from the winter road. I often drive winter roads, many of the same ones that you may have seen on Ice Road Truckers. Not in a semi, but in a half ton. The days are long and the roads aren't usually as flat as in the video. Sometimes you don't see another vehicle for many hours and sometimes the locals just won't get out of your way!

I came upon this group of caribou that would not let me pass. I finally had to get serious, put down the phone, get both hands on the wheel, and squeeze past them. They did not want to leave the road and I did not want to run them to exhaustion. Jumpy buggers were all over the place. Pick a lane!

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2018, 08:58:23 PM »
I will give them credit, they have super cute desserts, especially around Christmas!

Nice! I'm particular to the kitten and koi pic.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2018, 09:00:54 PM »
My tale from the winter road. I often drive winter roads, many of the same ones that you may have seen on Ice Road Truckers. Not in a semi, but in a half ton. The days are long and the roads aren't usually as flat as in the video. Sometimes you don't see another vehicle for many hours and sometimes the locals just won't get out of your way!

I came upon this group of caribou that would not let me pass. I finally had to get serious, put down the phone, get both hands on the wheel, and squeeze past them. They did not want to leave the road and I did not want to run them to exhaustion. Jumpy buggers were all over the place. Pick a lane!

That same damn thing happened to me in New Mexico! They ain't afraid at all, are they?
Strength in numbers, I suppose...

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2018, 09:02:14 PM »
Alright, off to bed. Have a great night!

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2018, 09:03:29 PM »
Nice! I'm particular to the kitten and koi pic.

You know I always deliver the cat pictures :) Have a good night!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Lob Bazare

• KDWN
« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »
That same damn thing happened to me in New Mexico! They ain't afraid at all, are they?
Strength in numbers, I suppose...

Nope, not scared at all. I was leaning on the horn too. As soon as it looked like I had room to pass, I would be at a curve or somebody would jump in front of me. Snow was very deep so I guess the road was easier going for them. I saw many a butchered carcass along the side. Easy pickens when you are out in the open (illegal to shoot from and on to the road, but it happens).

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2018, 09:23:51 PM »
I just listened to your 2 latest tales from the road and I thought you might like my idea for coffee guaranteed to be consistent anywhere, or at least as part of your emergency supplies. Space Coffee - yes, the brands they have been drinking in space for coffee for the last 50 plus years in the various options (black, with cream, with sugar and cream with sugar) Except they have had to settle with it only at about 120°F.

If you have one of those cigarette lighter water heaters, bring the water to just short of about 180°F and it will mix perfectly.

Lob Bazare

• KDWN
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2018, 09:40:33 PM »
I just listened to your 2 latest tales from the road and I thought you might like my idea for coffee guaranteed to be consistent anywhere, or at least as part of your emergency supplies. Space Coffee - yes, the brands they have been drinking in space for coffee for the last 50 plus years in the various options (black, with cream, with sugar and cream with sugar) Except they have had to settle with it only at about 120°F.

If you have one of those cigarette lighter water heaters, bring the water to just short of about 180°F and it will mix perfectly.

This idea works great! I used to be mr fancy pants and carry around a one cup travel french press on my travels. This is so much more convenient, less time consuming, less effort and less to pack.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #313 on: July 19, 2018, 06:35:05 AM »
Nope, not scared at all. I was leaning on the horn too. As soon as it looked like I had room to pass, I would be at a curve or somebody would jump in front of me. Snow was very deep so I guess the road was easier going for them. I saw many a butchered carcass along the side. Easy pickens when you are out in the open (illegal to shoot from and on to the road, but it happens).

Yeah, it seems that they were following the path of least resistance in my case as well.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #314 on: July 19, 2018, 06:35:32 AM »
You know I always deliver the cat pictures :) Have a good night!

☺