Author Topic: Great Movie Trailers  (Read 4291 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Great Movie Trailers
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2024, 08:24:44 AM »
Paul is my favorite though.
Well, that works.

Didn't John Denver die in a plane crash?

That's why?
There is a movie from the mid 2000's called The Messenger. That is a full on JOA film.

@Rikki Gins
So what exactly was Chancy? An angel of sorts?  I'll have to rewatch that one.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2024, 10:18:12 AM »
@Rikki Gins
So what exactly was Chancy? An angel of sorts?  I'll have to rewatch that one.

@KSM  I think that the ending was a wink and a nod 'sucker punch' of sorts from the director Hal Ashby.  Throughout the whole of the movie, we see the simple gardener become famous because of the great wisdom that people attach to what he is saying.  At the very end, the director wants it to appear that even the forces of nature are swayed by his unconventional behavior.  A great movie and one that I recently purchased on Blu-ray disc.  Also a rare film where I actually identify with the main character.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2024, 11:48:15 AM »
@KSM  I think that the ending was a wink and a nod 'sucker punch' of sorts from the director Hal Ashby.  Throughout the whole of the movie, we see the simple gardener become famous because of the great wisdom that people attach to what he is saying.  At the very end, the director wants it to appear that even the forces of nature are swayed by his unconventional behavior.  A great movie and one that I recently purchased on Blu-ray disc.  Also a rare film where I actually identify with the main character.
Yeah it is truly a classic. A gem.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2024, 02:15:05 PM »
Yeah it is truly a classic. A gem.

It's not, it's a big bag of bullshit. Ashby was a massive stoner wankcandle and probably put the walking on water thing in because he was too baked to come up with anything else and it seemed cool to his smelly hippie friends. A bit like Shirley McClaine fucking a bedpost - she must have been wired off her tits too

While I'm correcting your nonsense, Napoleon is also shit. People should stop glamorising that Corsican knobhead and do a movie about a genuine badass like Nelson (who once fought a fucking Polar Bear) or Wellington, who also kicked Boney's fat French arse too.

If you'd bother actually watching these films, instead of using them as a pretext to cuddle up next to damon on some soggy old couch, like a right pair of proper gayboys, with your hands down each others pants, you might not make so many embarrassing mistakes.

In future, to avoid further humiliation, check with me before forming one of your cute little 'opinions'.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2024, 02:18:45 PM »
@KSM   Also a rare film where I actually identify with the main character.

But... he's retarded. It's weird what people identify with. I remember KSM saying he identified with the main character in M. Just bear that in mind if he offers to do any babysitting.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2024, 03:13:07 PM »
It's not, it's a big bag of bullshit. Ashby was a massive stoner wankcandle and probably put the walking on water thing in because he was too baked to come up with anything else and it seemed cool to his smelly hippie friends. A bit like Shirley McClaine fucking a bedpost - she must have been wired off her tits too

While I'm correcting your nonsense, Napoleon is also shit. People should stop glamorising that Corsican knobhead and do a movie about a genuine badass like Nelson (who once fought a fucking Polar Bear) or Wellington, who also kicked Boney's fat French arse too.

If you'd bother actually watching these films, instead of using them as a pretext to cuddle up next to damon on some soggy old couch, like a right pair of proper gayboys, with your hands down each others pants, you might not make so many embarrassing mistakes.

In future, to avoid further humiliation, check with me before forming one of your cute little 'opinions'.

You try too hard. The uppity limey thing only goes so far.
Calm down. Have some dip.
Try again later.

Other than that, nice to see you.  Wanna hug?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2024, 03:40:23 PM »
Didn't John Denver die in a plane crash?

Yes. He was flying some weird home built plane with the fuel tank selector in an awkward position. While futzing with that, he lost situational awareness and augered his plane into the bay. He had a jillion flying hours and should have known better but people make mistakes and his cost him everything. Too bad. Talented guy.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2024, 05:02:52 PM »
Yes. He was flying some weird home built plane with the fuel tank selector in an awkward position. While futzing with that, he lost situational awareness and augered his plane into the bay. He had a jillion flying hours and should have known better but people make mistakes and his cost him everything. Too bad. Talented guy.
For a while I thought he/John Denver hit a tree while on the slopes, but that was Bono.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2024, 05:48:52 PM »
As Butthead asked Cher, "Weren't you married to like that Bono dude?"
Merry Christmas

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2024, 12:59:34 AM »

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2024, 01:32:48 PM »

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2024, 02:00:38 AM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2024, 07:50:31 AM »

One of my favorites, Rikki!

Saw it as a kid and loved every second. Riveted I was. After they all split up and go separate ways literally the one guy winds up directly in front of a rock wall that he has to climb in order to keep going. Looks at it and says "piece o' cake" as the hot sun beats down on him. Climbs the damn thing only to find the helicopter of federales waiting for him.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2024, 01:59:49 AM »
One of my favorites, Rikki!

Saw it as a kid and loved every second. Riveted I was. After they all split up and go separate ways literally the one guy winds up directly in front of a rock wall that he has to climb in order to keep going. Looks at it and says "piece o' cake" as the hot sun beats down on him. Climbs the damn thing only to find the helicopter of federales waiting for him.

Yes, a favorite of mine, also, @KSM.  One thing I liked about the movie was its pacing.  It moved right along.  My only problem with it was the ending. I would like to have seen more 'comeuppance' concerning the Holbrook character.  Yes, he looked somewhat ill at ease, knowing the jig was up, but I'd have liked to have seen him carried off in cuffs or a newspaper front page showing that he was found guilty of murder.  The movie ended too quickly for me.  The Brolin character didn't even get a chance to hug his wife or anything.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2024, 02:10:08 AM »