Poll

Should George Knapp replace George Noory in a heart beat?

Yes
47 (83.9%)
no
4 (7.1%)
maybe
5 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Coast to Coast am With George Knapp  (Read 53189 times)

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast am With George Knapp
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2022, 03:23:44 PM »
I was very impressed with the two C2C guests discussing military drug experimentation a couple nights ago. Knapp kept trying to ramp up/sensationalize what was done to GIs who volunteered for the project, but each time they politely corrected him. He then tried to tie in what was done to the GIs with actitives at A51, but once again the guests corrected him.  I'm surprised he didn't try to play connect the dots with his current meal ticket, Scamwalker Ranch. The guests were class acts, Knapp was his usual self.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2022, 04:43:38 PM »
I was very impressed with the two C2C guests discussing military drug experimentation a couple nights ago. Knapp kept trying to ramp up/sensationalize what was done to GIs who volunteered for the project, but each time they politely corrected him. He then tried to tie in what was done to the GIs with actitives at A51, but once again the guests corrected him.  I'm surprised he didn't try to play connect the dots with his current meal ticket, Scamwalker Ranch. The guests were class acts, Knapp was his usual self.

I listened to most of it.  I sensed that Knapp was going fishing for something he wanted to hear.  The guests were good.  To me, I find Knapp to be a boring one trick pony.  I used to really like him too.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2022, 05:23:22 AM »
This should be a good one.  No UFO stuff.  Nice change of pace for Knapp.  Butch Cassidy and women in the Mafia.

DATE
Sunday - September 18 2022

HOST
George Knapp

GUESTS
Kerry Ross Boren, Barbie Nadeau

First Half: The story that Butch Cassidy spent his last days in Nevada is a tale that's been told for generations, considering there is a dirt road near the abandoned gold mine at Johnny, Nevada, where Butch is rumored to have died, named Butch Cassidy Pass. Outlaw researcher Kerry Ross Boren has spent decades trying to unravel the dozens of competing theories that have clouded the story of Butch and Sundance. He joins George Knapp to discuss evidence that Butch and Sundance did not die in South America but later found themselves in the desert of the West.

Second Half: For as long as it has gripped our imaginations, the Mafia has been tied to an ingrained image of masculinity and "made men," with women as ancillary and often-powerless characters. The reality is far more complex. Investigative journalist Barbie Nadeau shares stories of the women who have risen to prominence, and fallen out of favor, in the Italian mob, beginning with the most infamous of these women: Pupetta Maresca, a Mafia woman born and raised who avenged her husband’s murder, firing 29 shots at the man who killed him.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #318 on: September 19, 2022, 12:05:23 AM »
Sooo, although the guest was a bit hard to understand, I've been listening for a good 40 minutes or so maybe.

As I often do, I googled Butch Cassidy. The photo was remarkable. I knew a guy that looked just like him. Coincidentally or not, his nickname was Cass.

Also, maybe not coincidentally, he was an asshole and stole things. 😁😁😁
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #319 on: November 21, 2022, 11:40:24 AM »
I really enjoyed Knapp's interview with the former SF homicide detective last night.   One thing I didn't get was when the guest was talking about the cops who pulled over the guy eventually found to be the Nightstalker killer.  He said the only ID he had on him was an appointment card for a local dentist, but that the card only had the guy's first name, Richard.  He said he was convinced the guy was the killer, and he staked out the dentist on the date/time from the appointment card, but the suspect didn't show up.

It's probably in the book, but there was no discussion concerning the police interaction with the dentist.  Did the police not go ask the dentist the full name of the patient, first name Richard, scheduled for the date/time shown on the card? Could the dentist have refused to provide patient information without a court order?  Could he have gotten a court order at that stage of the investigation? Or did the dentist cooperate, but "Richard" give the dentist a fake last name and a false background?  I suppose it would have been easier to get away with that in the mid 80s, especially if the guy was not using insurance.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #320 on: November 21, 2022, 06:09:20 PM »
I really enjoyed Knapp's interview with the former SF homicide detective last night.   One thing I didn't get was when the guest was talking about the cops who pulled over the guy eventually found to be the Nightstalker killer.  He said the only ID he had on him was an appointment card for a local dentist, but that the card only had the guy's first name, Richard.  He said he was convinced the guy was the killer, and he staked out the dentist on the date/time from the appointment card, but the suspect didn't show up.

It's probably in the book, but there was no discussion concerning the police interaction with the dentist.  Did the police not go ask the dentist the full name of the patient, first name Richard, scheduled for the date/time shown on the card? Could the dentist have refused to provide patient information without a court order?  Could he have gotten a court order at that stage of the investigation? Or did the dentist cooperate, but "Richard" give the dentist a fake last name and a false background?  I suppose it would have been easier to get away with that in the mid 80s, especially if the guy was not using insurance.

That was a captivating interview. I really like that guy. What was the title of his book? Henry 287?

Again, like Ian did the night before, Knapp allowed the guest to speak without interjecting something stupid.

As for the dentist bit, yes that was frustrating although. I'm sure that they didn't want to alert the dentist's office in advance just like they were telling people not to get on the phone after they spoke to them.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #321 on: November 21, 2022, 06:27:41 PM »
... Again, like Ian did the night before, Knapp allowed the guest to speak without interjecting something stupid...

A seemingly low bar.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #322 on: November 21, 2022, 07:56:51 PM »
That was a captivating interview. I really like that guy. What was the title of his book? Henry 287?

Again, like Ian did the night before, Knapp allowed the guest to speak without interjecting something stupid.

As for the dentist bit, yes that was frustrating although. I'm sure that they didn't want to alert the dentist's office in advance just like they were telling people not to get on the phone after they spoke to them.

Maybe, but if the dentist had the guy's real name and homicide detective had gotten and acted on that information, the could have caught him a week or so earlier.
They also wouldn't have to messed with the informant.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2022, 03:14:59 AM »
The bumper song, "Do you know where you're going to" is for young people.  It is ridiculous to play that song for people over 50 which is a huge part of his demographic.  And I do take it personally.  I once emailed him that it had been a favorite song when I was young.  YOUNG.  Not, now, 30 years later. 

"Do you know where you're going to?"  You know where we're going, Snorway?  Hospice.  I spent my day with someone who is dying.  And I'm not much younger than her, you fucking God-damned asshole.  I was going to apologize for telling you to go to Hell last week but after this sick song I no longer feel apologetic.  Your bumper song is from a show where humans were painfully hungry!  Not something one wants to remember especially with homelessness rampant.  Kind of hard to cook without a stove.  You are a horrible, horrible, inconsiderate, insensitive, nervous, peculiar person.  The best words you say are the ones that put me to sleep while you just keep on talking for 4 hours.  BEST SLEEP EVER. 

"Do you know where you're going to?"  How about where your sister already went?  Where all my loved ones went, and kind of recently?  How about that.  Is that what you are trying to remind every listening over 50?  To the grave.  Thanks for reminding us.  Just keep pushing me away with your inconsiderate outdated input.  I grew up but you didn't.  One of my friends is dying right now and you know it - I told you she is on hospice so you're being very inconsiderate.  Why can't you be a sweetheart & help listeners enjoy what time they have left as well as reduce tension and relaxing us instead of reminding us we have one foot in the grave and have already suffered many losses and griefs, with ultimate ones right around the corner. 

"Do you liiiiike the things that life is showing you?"  Don't you know people over 50 look back on their life and start to develop satisfaction or despair.  Why take a chance on messing with their recipe?  I would think you would want to stay out of that phase of listeners' self-development.  Oh sure, I loved that devastating real estate sale, the loss of paradise.  The foreclosure elsewhere was a bowl of cherries.  And not having a son to work around here or a daughter to share with.  I just love that my family sucks - you know what.  I saw a very attractive man in a pickup truck tonight.  He had a nice demeanor.  I bet he would never play such a horrible song for an older audience.  And a younger audience doesn't want to hear it; they've never even heard of it.  And pick-up trucks can haul stuff, too.  Which seems to be more than you can do.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #324 on: November 22, 2022, 06:30:56 AM »

Ok, this bugged me to the point I called my dentist to ask the question. The office manager told me that, under the same circumstances, they would NOT provide any information to the police without a court order.  To do so would violate HIPAA laws, meaning the dentist potentially losing his license and facing federal prosecution.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #325 on: November 22, 2022, 10:54:25 AM »
Ok, this bugged me to the point I called my dentist to ask the question. The office manager told me that, under the same circumstances, they would NOT provide any information to the police without a court order.  To do so would violate HIPAA laws, meaning the dentist potentially losing his license and facing federal prosecution.

That's true now (apparently for everything but covid vaccinations).  HIPAA went into effect in 1996, was that before the investigator was onto ''Richard'' and new about the dentist?

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #326 on: November 22, 2022, 12:11:19 PM »
That's true now (apparently for everything but covid vaccinations).  HIPAA went into effect in 1996, was that before the investigator was onto ''Richard'' and new about the dentist?

Good point.  The Nightstalker murders occurred in the mid 1980s.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #327 on: November 24, 2022, 08:43:55 PM »
I couldn't stop laughing when the former San Fran cop kept recapping a story with details of how many times he was called a Mother Effer  ;D He never dropped the actual F-bomb (even though I was waiting for a slip lol) but man did he want to make it clear that people he's a mother f'er  ;D

Look I am always happy with an Ian & Knapp weekend combo but the producer should really try to avoid having to music shows on the same weekend. But than again Ian seems to be doing music shows every time he's on  :-\

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #328 on: January 22, 2023, 10:27:26 PM »
Eh. Tonight, he's got John Fogerty on to celebrate Fogerty"s reacquisition of his song catalog.

Nick Redfern can't get his phone to work.

Yawn.
Eh, nevermind...

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2023, 12:11:45 AM »
Eh. Tonight, he's got John Fogerty on to celebrate Fogerty"s reacquisition of his song catalog.

Nick Redfern can't get his phone to work.

Yawn.

The pizza roll caller rang somebody's bell.