Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 80292 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2021, 12:34:09 PM »
Really!?

Yup.
Loria even showed up in court.
I won and then released another song about him right after.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2021, 12:41:11 PM »
Anybody have any interest in this season?  This is the first year I forgot about Spring Training.  Typically I would count down the days until pitchers and catchers report.

Oh well.  I expect the Pirates to lose 110 games this year, provided there's a full season.

Was just checking out the Tigers roster the other day.  They have Miguel Cabrerra, whom is 75 years old and knocking down 30 million a year and a bunch of dudes named Tarik Skubal.
It's going to be grim.  Jordan Zimmerman is gone now at least - Thank God.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2021, 12:47:38 PM »
Yup.

Ha! Glad you won.  The next song was icing on the cake.  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2021, 12:50:51 PM »
Was just checking out the Tigers roster the other day.  They have Miguel Cabrerra, whom is 75 years old and knocking down 30 million a year and a bunch of dudes named Tarik Skubal.
It's going to be grim.  Jordan Zimmerman is gone now at least - Thank God.

"...a bunch of dudes named Tarik Skubal."  LOL!

The Tigers have some talent.  I think they will fare better than the Pirates, but that's not saying much.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »
Ha! Glad you won.  The next song was icing on the cake.  ;D

Indeed, @ShayP
Especially since it just taunted the fucker even more.
Also screw his midget stepson Davey Samson.

Have a small sample of Jeffrey

https://vocaroo.com/11SsCBb13iuV

The mention of Zach Day will make @Walks_At_Night happy as he seems to like the long forgotten.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2021, 01:03:33 PM »
Indeed, @ShayP

The mention of Zach Day will make @Walks_At_Night happy as he seems to like the long forgotten.

Ha! That's great. Couldn't work Bob James or Hal Dues in though, huh?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2021, 01:19:51 PM »
Indeed, @ShayP

@Bart Ell  LOL!!!  Oh man that was good.  ;D  I'll probably listen to it 5 more times.  I needed a good laugh today.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2021, 03:33:28 PM »
... This is the first year I forgot about Spring Training...

Spring what?

As a kid I always wanted to go.  One year a friend hat had moved to Phoenix invited me down.  I pictured myself sitting in the sun, watching two or three games a day for several days - like I did when the fast-pitch softball tournaments would come to our town (a much better game than baseball, even before MLB became a joke).

Most of the games are sold out, I finally make it to a Cubs - Giants game - and the tickets are $30.  F that.  This is in the 1980s.  My friend remarked that I wasn't as excited about spring training as he thought.  Yeah, no shit.  We did non-baseball tourist stuff - much better.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2021, 03:45:56 PM »
Yup.

John Fogerty didn't fare as well, but got his dig in

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2021, 03:55:39 PM »
Anybody have any interest in this season? This is the first year I forgot about Spring Training.  Typically I would count down the days until pitchers and catchers report.

Oh well.  I expect the Pirates to lose 110 games this year, provided there's a full season.
HARD YES. @ShayP

Not having an NHL season has really put me in a funk. The TV's in bar that would usually be set to live multiple games at this time of year now just play whatever the fuck is on TSN and Sportsnet which is usually basketball (UGH) or PVR'd MLB games from seasons past.

So again; YES I am diving all the way into the pool come 04/01

Indeed, @ShayP

I had some errands to run this afternoon and all the while sang out loud "Jeffery spoke in claAss todaay"  Evil earworm.

I do a mean Eddie Vedder.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2021, 04:26:24 AM »
Spring what?

As a kid I always wanted to go.  One year a friend hat had moved to Phoenix invited me down.  I pictured myself sitting in the sun, watching two or three games a day for several days - like I did when the fast-pitch softball tournaments would come to our town (a much better game than baseball, even before MLB became a joke).

Most of the games are sold out, I finally make it to a Cubs - Giants game - and the tickets are $30.  F that.  This is in the 1980s.  My friend remarked that I wasn't as excited about spring training as he thought.  Yeah, no shit.  We did non-baseball tourist stuff - much better.

$30 for a Spring training game!!??  In the 1980's!  :o  That's nuts.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2021, 04:37:20 AM »
HARD YES. @ShayP

Not having an NHL season has really put me in a funk. The TV's in bar that would usually be set to live multiple games at this time of year now just play whatever the fuck is on TSN and Sportsnet which is usually basketball (UGH) or PVR'd MLB games from seasons past.

So again; YES I am diving all the way into the pool come 04/01

Your YES is soooo HARD. @KSM  ;D  Please refresh my memory.  Who's your team?  I'm too lazy to look through the thread.  Anyway, I'm hoping they let fans into PNC Park this year.  I was looking forward to going to a game when I moved back to Pittsburgh.  Heck, I was looking forward to a lot of things, but ya know...COVID.  ::)  :(

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2021, 09:40:32 AM »
Your YES is soooo HARD. @KSM  ;D  Please refresh my memory.  Who's your team?  I'm too lazy to look through the thread.  Anyway, I'm hoping they let fans into PNC Park this year.  I was looking forward to going to a game when I moved back to Pittsburgh.  Heck, I was looking forward to a lot of things, but ya know...COVID.  ::)  :(
Not to be overly obvious but my team is the Jays and they're going to be a force this season. If we still had the Expos up here they would be another.  The pirates are tempting but O-so problematic - you know  :-\  Sometimes I think the Pens could beat the Pi's in a baseball game.  :P     sorry :-[  @ShayP

I like the Tigers and Brewers but those too are pipe dreams. Hmm  maybe the Reds?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2021, 01:24:12 PM »
Not to be overly obvious but my team is the Jays and they're going to be a force this season. If we still had the Expos up here they would be another.  The pirates are tempting but O-so problematic - you know  :-\  Sometimes I think the Pens could beat the Pi's in a baseball game.  :P     sorry :-[  @ShayP

I like the Tigers and Brewers but those too are pipe dreams. Hmm  maybe the Reds?

Cool.  The Blue Jays have some great young talent.  Kind of depressing to see the sons of 3 previous big leaguers on the team.  Simply because it reminds me that I'm getting old.  I dig the Blue Jays, going back to the Dave Stieb and Jesse Barfield days.

Oh, and yes, I believe the Pens players could probably beat the Pirates.  Sad, but true.

I've banged this drum before, and I'll say it again, I want the Montreal Expos back.  Obviously the Pirates are my team, but I always liked the Expos since I was a kid.  My second favorite team.  Don't ask me why though.  I was just drawn to them.  I'm going to purchase this soon:

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2021, 12:48:21 PM »
Texas Rangers To ‘Fully Open’ For Fans At Start Of 2021 Season, Masks To Be Required

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/03/10/texas-rangers-fully-open-fans-2021-season-masks-required/