Author Topic: The EllGab Garden  (Read 253423 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ruall Omer Cole
Re: The EllGab Garden
« Reply #2505 on: June 12, 2024, 11:18:52 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This fellow has been hanging out at the garden for awhile, now.  He is a jumping spider.  In fact, he hopped onto my arm awhile back and we had a pleasant conversation for some moments before he jumped away.  These types of spiders won't bite you as long as they aren't swatted at, etc.  (Click on the pictures for larger images.)

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #2506 on: June 12, 2024, 07:53:17 PM »
A 5 foot foxglove magickly appeared in the backyard. How does this happen?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2507 on: June 12, 2024, 09:22:20 PM »

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #2508 on: June 12, 2024, 10:08:47 PM »
Romantic aliens?

Nature spirits. I kid you not.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ruall Omer Cole
« Reply #2509 on: June 12, 2024, 11:26:47 PM »
That is one healthy looking foxglove plant.  I had a purplish one come up in a pot but it only had several blossoms on it and the wind blew it over.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #2510 on: June 13, 2024, 06:59:56 PM »
The front yard yellow loosestrife has been a dependable no care perennial.

I have heard tell this could be a dangerous invasive species. Meh.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ruall Omer Cole
« Reply #2511 on: June 13, 2024, 07:17:43 PM »
The front yard yellow loosestrife has been a dependable no care perennial.

I have heard tell this could be a dangerous invasive species. Meh.

Those are nice.  Too dry where I'm at, but if they did show up, I'd welcome them, invasive or not.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ruall Omer Cole
« Reply #2512 on: June 15, 2024, 10:17:57 AM »

Two flowering Catalpa trees in the EllGab Garden neighborhood.  One in the foreground and a big one off in the distance.  The wood of these trees are good for fence posts and furniture.  The flowers have quite a scent.  Almost too much for my pollen sensitive nose.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #2513 on: June 16, 2024, 01:57:56 AM »
I still recall the town for whatever reason hacking down a tall Catalpa on the boulevard. There is an ancient Mountain Ash immediately in front of my property line and I had to fight city hall to stop them from doing the same.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ruall Omer Cole
« Reply #2514 on: June 19, 2024, 10:32:23 AM »
I still recall the town for whatever reason hacking down a tall Catalpa on the boulevard. There is an ancient Mountain Ash immediately in front of my property line and I had to fight city hall to stop them from doing the same.

I got talked into having my 30 year old Marshall Ash taken out and I've never been happy about it.  Sure, there was a crack in the trunk and if it split apart, half of it would have crashed onto the house, plus the emerald ash borer might show up after awhile, but so what?  I miss that tree, but I don't miss having to rake up all those leaves, so there is a trade off of sorts, there.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #2515 on: June 19, 2024, 10:37:12 PM »
I got talked into having my 30 year old Marshall Ash taken out and I've never been happy about it.  Sure, there was a crack in the trunk and if it split apart, half of it would have crashed onto the house, plus the emerald ash borer might show up after awhile, but so what?  I miss that tree, but I don't miss having to rake up all those leaves, so there is a trade off of sorts, there.

That is a real shame.

There is an old 60 foot Pacific Willow at the back end that could come down at any time one would suppose right through my bedroom. But I sleep soundly and would never think of touching it. C'est la vie.

One tree I did have to deal with was an unmanageable non-producing monster of a Grape tree. It was cut back to what looks like a stone cold Henry Moore sculpture and I thought that was the end of it. But just the other day I noticed it's somehow still alive.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ruall Omer Cole
« Reply #2516 on: June 24, 2024, 11:29:23 AM »

I spotted this circle around the sun a couple Saturdays ago.  They are somewhat rare and you would think that they would herald a change in weather, but nothing has changed weather-wise these last couple of weeks.  I would have liked a full sun and circle shot but I didn't want to risk frying my camera lens.