Author Topic: Movie critique thread  (Read 1927 times)

timebandit

• Elluminati
Movie critique thread
« on: March 25, 2019, 05:06:16 PM »
The Mule.. pfft.. dud.

watching US tonight..will return.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Movie critique thread
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 08:53:59 PM »
The Mule.. pfft.. dud.

What about an actual CRITIQUE? When you start a thread like this you might consider kicking it off with some content. Good thread idea, but..  I have not yet watched The Mule but I'd like you to tell me why I may or may not be wasting my time. C'mon.. ;)

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:59:13 PM »
US.. not too shabby.. thumbs up

Mercy Black.. good, kept me entertained.

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 05:33:47 PM »
the OA was OK.. 1st season was better imo

Hanna... standard fair

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:22:16 PM »
Glass... left me shattered
I feel tattered.. pfft

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 12:22:14 AM »
@timebandit

Where are the "critiques? Seriously, you have to provide content that supports your oh-so brief summaries. BTW I don't like your avatar, I don't like you, and if we were for some strange reason occupying the same immediate space? I would club you with a rather hefty piece of ham.

And another thing; I know you have a second account that you use to pad your karma score. Shame on you. SHAME!!

And another thing; if you have a problem with me I'll be tempted to utilize my BAN button.

This is your final warning

@Bart Ell Just keeping you in the administrative loop.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2024, 09:36:31 AM »
Watched "Demon Seed" [1977] last night. In seeing that it stars Fritz Weaver and Julie Christie I thought it would be worth a watch.  It was pretty wild. Starts out as a typical AI is bad computer film, with Weaver designing the Proteus IV computer. It rapidly devolves into microchips go wild when the computer locks Julie Christie in a house and begins to perform a bunch of experiments on her. At one point it shoves a needle into her temple to muck around with her brain. Some nerd shows up to check on Julie but the computer has built a sort of paper fortune teller thingy out of bronze [a truly impressive, pre-CGI effect] and chews the dudes head off with it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

With the nerd out of the way, the computer then rapes Julie with its metallic whammer and impregnates her.

She gives birth to this thing that sort of looks like a demonic Twiki from Buck Rogers but its metal casing sloughs off and it is a normal kid with a weird computer voice that says "I'm alive". Presumably not for long as I am sure someone will bash it in the head once it starts babbling about the computers plan which was to make it into some sort of F'd up Emperor of the Earth.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2024, 11:52:38 AM »
Watched "Demon Seed" [1977] last night. In seeing that it stars Fritz Weaver and Julie Christie I thought it would be worth a watch.  It was pretty wild. Starts out as a typical AI is bad computer film, with Weaver designing the Proteus IV computer. It rapidly devolves into microchips go wild when the computer locks Julie Christie in a house and begins to perform a bunch of experiments on her. At one point it shoves a needle into her temple to muck around with her brain. Some nerd shows up to check on Julie but the computer has built a sort of paper fortune teller thingy out of bronze [a truly impressive, pre-CGI effect] and chews the dudes head off with it.

With the nerd out of the way, the computer then rapes Julie with its metallic whammer and impregnates her.

She gives birth to this thing that sort of looks like a demonic Twiki from Buck Rogers but its metal casing sloughs off and it is a normal kid with a weird computer voice that says "I'm alive". Presumably not for long as I am sure someone will bash it in the head once it starts babbling about the computers plan which was to make it into some sort of F'd up Emperor of the Earth.

I remember seeing this VHS on the shelves but never picked it up or gave it any consideration. Huh..  maybe I'll have to try this one. The offspring does look pretty damn creepy.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2024, 11:27:40 AM »
8.5/10

The Andromeda Strain

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2024, 07:58:42 PM »
A good review from a passionate critic enough to make me think twice catching the latest in the Mad Max franchise.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2024, 09:26:22 PM »
Meanwhile ...

One old cuss against  a horde of Nazis. Hopeless odds. Makes John Wick look like a Sunday school teacher.