Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13123194 times)

Marisa

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the opposite of love is indifference
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #53535 on: November 20, 2018, 05:05:32 PM »

Good!
She is evil.

EVIL WITH A CAPITAL E!!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #53536 on: November 20, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »
I know! Like I have control of it!

(It clearly did ;)  )
It was funny. Out of curiosity, and not intending to cast any aspersions "Little Miss Thang,"  but what would you say your accent is? It didn't seem particularly posh or off-putting which is why it was weird how Heather went off on it.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #53537 on: November 20, 2018, 05:12:09 PM »
Well, when you say it that way...

But the show was posted later than normal, no?  And fix her entire show, no, but if she wants to hide what happened there she could instruct whoever posts it for her to clear that section before putting it up.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #53538 on: November 20, 2018, 05:12:10 PM »
It was funny. Out of curiosity, and not intending to cast any aspersions "Little Miss Thang,"  but what would you say your accent is? It didn't seem particularly posh or off-putting which is why it was weird how Heather went off on it.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #53539 on: November 20, 2018, 05:14:47 PM »

This is further evidence why that photo of the young girl with the lip piercing could NOT be HW. Her intelligence, such as it is, is WAY too low to be able to talk about science at any level in a high school presentation.

That she was so put off by Dynamo's natural way of speaking is an example of why many Europeans dread the typical stereotyped American tourist... because they can be remarkably ignorant and unappreciative of the culture of the country they are visiting.

It's like insisting on eating Kentucky Fried Chicken in London, Tokyo, or Paris (if there is a KFC in Paris?) but not for the curiosity value, but because you expect everyone everywhere to be just like you or they're just not good enough. Sigh.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #53540 on: November 20, 2018, 05:20:33 PM »

Definitely not posh. It was originally very much a West Country accent so quite rural, and then I lived in London for over 20 years and it faded a bit. It’s not posh, not particularly London, but not as broad as the accent I had when I was growing up. It’s not dead common, but also definitely not upper class.

I think Heather has potentially not had much contact (apart from her interviews with people) from different countries and probably still associates say a British accent with the archetypal baddie in a film or maybe even the cliche of a posh person from say Downton Abbey.

I was renting a car in Albequeque (is that the right spelling its after 1am!) and the ladies behind the desk were aghast that I had an English accent, obviously not many people rent from Dollar there who are from the UK. They kept asking me to say things and I was grumpy and tired and still had 125 odd miles to go to get to my destination. 
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #53541 on: November 20, 2018, 05:20:50 PM »
Is Bruce Williams still around to advise us over date of use disputes, those who eventually want to sell out, tax ramifications, etc?

No date of use disputes, the more the merrier! 
You can check out anytime you like, but....    ;) ;) ;)

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #53542 on: November 20, 2018, 05:22:30 PM »
This is further evidence why that photo of the young girl with the lip piercing could NOT be HW. Her intelligence, such as it is, is WAY too low to be able to talk about science at any level in a high school presentation.

That she was so put off by Dynamo's natural way of speaking is an example of why many Europeans dread the typical stereotyped American tourist... because they can be remarkably ignorant and unappreciative of the culture of the country they are visiting.

It's like insisting on eating Kentucky Fried Chicken in London, Tokyo, or Paris (if there is a KFC in Paris?) but not for the curiosity value, but because you expect everyone everywhere to be just like you or they're just not good enough. Sigh.

GROYPN4LIFE

• KIDD
  • want 2 pet my puddy cat
« Reply #53543 on: November 20, 2018, 05:22:47 PM »

It didnt take rocket science to figure that one out the pearly whites told me that

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #53544 on: November 20, 2018, 05:23:09 PM »

Apparently they love KFC in the Orient. The reason sometimes McDs in a foreign land is good is not because it is a good burger but it is fun to see regionalisms and you can be assured you will get a consistent product that will taste the same (if ordering standard product,) whether bought in Europe, Japan, or Iowa. English tourists are often even more boorish than Americans- but mainly because they drink more, often go shirtless, and travel more since a small country.  And like Americans, when in doubt you can make a foreigner understand your English if you SPEAK LOUDER!

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #53545 on: November 20, 2018, 05:25:35 PM »

KFC is a Christmas staple in Japan.
Good morning, afternoon and evening everyone.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #53546 on: November 20, 2018, 05:26:44 PM »
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #53547 on: November 20, 2018, 05:27:02 PM »
I think the English are the most guilty of the speaking loudly to make people understand. We are very lazy with languages. We barely see the point - everyone speaks our language.

My sister’s partner is from Belgium. He speaks 4 European languages fluently. We never had to try and are payin the price for it now. 
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Marisa

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the opposite of love is indifference
« Reply #53548 on: November 20, 2018, 05:27:19 PM »
Apparently they love KFC in the Orient.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #53549 on: November 20, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »
I thought that was hilarious too. "You're accent doesn't intimidate ME Miss Thang!"

Right, that was why DH called her, to intimidate her with her accent.  Whaaa?  That doesn't even make sense!  Her brain (whatever of that there might be) shuts down pretty fast when she gets a good spin going.