Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 13127570 times)

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
  • Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #57105 on: November 29, 2018, 09:03:54 PM »
She is bringing her boy friend in tomorrow

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57106 on: November 29, 2018, 09:05:04 PM »
Aquarius you are amazing!  Just wanted to let you know I saw your posts.  Can I ask what your field of study was in?

Thank you so much, Journey! I must say I'm sure many of us here have our own interesting stories, each of them unique too!

Um, a multi-disciplinary degree that studied human behavior and patterns, combining aspects of the performing arts, psychology, anthropology, sociology, semiotics, and a bunch of other stuff. If we looked at a play, we would look at the whole mise-en-scene of the performance process, not just the text. If we studied a street festival, we'd look at what observances were repeated year to year and why and what that could mean. We might explore what "play" really is, and how do infants (or animals, for that matter) know when another is playing with them and not threatening them? etc. Somebody studied the self-determined repeatable patterns of the crowds in Washington Square Park over a 12-hour period by taking photos from a nearby rooftop every minute for 12 hours. Why did the crowds organize themselves like that? Why did they go here and not there? Turns out there were coherent patterns that made sense and explained the crowd behavior, but were not discernible from the street level.

This sounds kind of weird as I write it, but really it was fascinating stuff and very practical in a way I can't explain. My chosen area was how technology changed the actual nature and experience of a musical performance. Not directly relevant to my later work, but something I still love to explore for fun.

It was a new and innovative department at the university and the first in the country, now very well-known in that area and well-respected. Several other universities now have similar departments, but this was the first. It was fascinating and gave me a perspective on how we human beings are with each other and our patterns and rituals of all kinds that has served me very well in life, including informing my consulting work... go figure.  ;)

I got in very early on while we could still be a bit wild and experimental with our studies. I hesitate to say the exact name because there are very few departments with this kind of name. It was, however, in NYC.

Thank you for asking.

I didn't mean for tonight to be all-about-Aquarius, btw!  8)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #57107 on: November 29, 2018, 09:05:28 PM »

Aren't they in the same house?

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
« Reply #57108 on: November 29, 2018, 09:05:55 PM »
Um, a multi-disciplinary degree that studied human behavior and patterns, combining aspects of the performing arts, psychology, anthropology, sociology, semiotics, and a bunch of other stuff. If we looked at a play, we would look at the whole mise-en-scene of the performance process, not just the text. If we studied a street festival, we'd look at what observances were repeated year to year and why and what that could mean. We might explore what "play" really is, and how do infants (or animals, for that matter) know when another is playing with them and not threatening them? etc. Somebody studied the self-determined repeatable patterns of the crowds in Washington Square Park over a 12-hour period by taking photos from a nearby rooftop every minute for 12 hours. Why did the crowds organize themselves like that? Why did they go here and not there? Turns out there were coherent patterns that made sense and explained the crowd behavior, but were not discernible from the street level.

This sounds kind of weird as I write it, but really it was fascinating stuff and very practical in a way I can't explain. My chosen area was how technology changed the actual nature and experience of a musical performance. Not directly relevant to my later work, but something I still love to explore for fun.

It was a new and innovative department at the university and the first in the country, now very well-known in that area and well-respected. Several other universities now have similar departments, but this was the first. It was fascinating and gave me a perspective on how we human beings are with each other and our patterns and rituals of all kinds that has served me very well in life, including informing my consulting work... go figure.  ;)

I got in very early on while we could still be a bit wild and experimental with our studies. I hesitate to say the exact name because there are very few departments with this kind of name. It was, however, in NYC.

Thank you for asking.

I didn't mean for tonight to be all-about-Aquarius, btw!  8)

Well done Doctor A.! I know how hard you worked!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57109 on: November 29, 2018, 09:06:40 PM »
A friend's grandmother went to bingo every week. She was a small feisty Italian woman. She'd bring her little good luck ceramic frog that she named Fucko. If she was close to winning she would bang the little frog on the table and yell "COME ON, FUCKO COME ON!!!"
The faces of those around her were simply priceless.

This is hilarious!  :)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
« Reply #57110 on: November 29, 2018, 09:07:53 PM »
Ha ha, a shortened week because of the Holiday....she's got big brass ones.

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
« Reply #57111 on: November 29, 2018, 09:08:39 PM »
Her kidnapper, pimp trucker listened to Danzig all the time.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57112 on: November 29, 2018, 09:08:53 PM »
:o

I can't give you a +1 again so soon, Doomed, but I will when I can. So funny!

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #57113 on: November 29, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »
Ha ha, a shortened week because of the Holiday....she's got big brass ones.

Too many bongs hits before going on.

Dwindling Stacks

• Elluminati
« Reply #57114 on: November 29, 2018, 09:09:08 PM »
OMG, second spit-take of the night! Love this, DS! Thank you and +1!
Your Welcome.  When I seen this I thought that she would come up with something like this and used it for her run at the gates of Area 51.  Why walk in when you could drive in a flying saucer.  She would tell her fans that the guards wouldn’t see that one coming.

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
« Reply #57115 on: November 29, 2018, 09:10:16 PM »
Good thing she's telling us in advance, I won't be listening.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #57116 on: November 29, 2018, 09:10:41 PM »
I'm not listening. Is this truth, sarcasm, or wishful thinking?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #57117 on: November 29, 2018, 09:10:43 PM »
Well done Doctor A.! I know how hard you worked!

Thank you, Sergeant, much appreciated!

P.S. Hey gang, no more "Dr." please! Thanks!  8)

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
Re: The Kingdom of Miller without Heather Wade
« Reply #57118 on: November 29, 2018, 09:10:53 PM »
Your informers are so colorful, Miller!  Lovely bunch, you are!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

;D ;D  ;D hahaha what a bunch!

Doomed

• Ellightened
Re: The Kingdom of Miller without Heather Wade
« Reply #57119 on: November 29, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »
Your informers are so colorful, Miller!  Lovely bunch, you are!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Damn.
That one made my dog gag...