Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12599701 times)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #62325 on: December 09, 2018, 04:12:36 AM »
I let a couple meows loose in the aftershow last week and PBS remarked they sounded "suspiciously Spookcat-like." I took that as a high compliment as your meows are legendary :)

And I missed your meows?? DARN IT! We must get all the meowers together and make a holiday carol!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #62326 on: December 09, 2018, 04:33:11 AM »
And I missed your meows?? DARN IT! We must get all the meowers together and make a holiday carol!

Hopefully soon  :D  I was amazed the meows made it through at all as the connection is typically so horrible here that I have to shut down extra browser windows and skype to hear any streaming show. (That's why I am obsessed about direct stream links for VLC)  If I run discord for 20 minutes, I could fry an egg on this laptop.

KRowland

• VARAfied
  • KMST
  • The Webmaster
« Reply #62327 on: December 09, 2018, 04:37:09 AM »
She sounded like she was having fun, she never really sounds like she is having fun doing the show ... I hope she starts doing the DJ stuff more and maybe a music podcast.
How will she pay for that? Oh wait...

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #62328 on: December 09, 2018, 04:42:24 AM »
How will she pay for that? Oh wait...

I hear ya, I hear ya...
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #62329 on: December 09, 2018, 04:57:11 AM »
She says "Complicated Grief",  I say "Good Grief  :o "

Nobody loved Art more than she did. Nobody was a bigger fan of Art than she was. Nobody grieves for Art more than she does. Of course she has persistent complex bereavement disorder[/size]. :o

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #62330 on: December 09, 2018, 05:10:25 AM »
I downloaded the crappy discord app. Still dont knoe how to use it
I'M ALPHA AF

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #62331 on: December 09, 2018, 06:13:09 AM »
I downloaded the crappy discord app. Still dont knoe how to use it
+1 There are moments that you seem to get it. I'll even ignore the spelling error because it's Sunday.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #62332 on: December 09, 2018, 06:16:07 AM »
She technically already owes a fortune for her violation of music licenses and copyright laws. Now you are asking her to do an all-music show? Oh wait, what am I saying? Of course that wouldn't stop her, it hasn't till now.  :P
well an all music ,unrecorded show (or at least not made for a available for distribution) is a grey area. it is what i do, and i pull a huge amount from what the record labels upload to youtube. there are large amounts of music streams (KMEAT is one) that are not licensed with SESAC, but are allowed to continue broadcasting on the internet.
this is not a defense of heather, moreso of myself and SNT.
on the other hand i dont attempt to make any money off of SNT, so there is that.
edited: speelong.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #62333 on: December 09, 2018, 06:21:23 AM »
did you guys do a bartcast today? Is it up yet? I couldn’t find it  :( is there a link anywhere?
DynamoHum PBS and WR250 all did earlier, I'm sure they will have the link up soon.

we did not do a bartcast. there is a bartcast scheduled for Monday night 12/10 on KONR.
http://thebartcast.com/

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #62334 on: December 09, 2018, 06:27:20 AM »

we did not do a bartcast. there is a bartcast scheduled for Monday night 12/10 on KONR.
http://thebartcast.com/
Important clarification and disclaimer. It's officially the Little Podcast that Could (LPTC) from last night.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #62335 on: December 09, 2018, 06:33:23 AM »
well an all music ,unrecorded show (or at least not made for a available for distribution) is a grey area. it is what i do, and i pull a huge amount from what the record labels upload to youtube. there are large amounts of music streams (KMEAT is one) that are not licensed with SESAC, but are allowed to continue broadcasting on the internet.
this is not a defense of heather, moreso of myself and SNT.

It is not a grey area at all.
By broadcasting a stream is available for distribution, a stream distributes what is being sent to it.
The YouTube videos are monetized by the artists, playing them is taking that monetization away from them.
Non-licensed music streams are not allowed to continue, they continue because they have not been discovered and shut down yet.
Soon every stream provider will need to have the same song recognition system that YouTube has or they will not be allowed to sell their services.
Being pay or free doesn't matter either -  both mean the rights holders are not being paid.
Playing some songs for a few friends is not a big deal but it is illegal by letter and spirit of the law.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #62336 on: December 09, 2018, 06:38:41 AM »
It is not a grey area at all.
By broadcasting a stream is available for distribution, a stream distributes what is being sent to it.
The YouTube videos are monetized by the artists, playing them is taking that monetization away from them.
Non-licensed music streams are not allowed to continue, they continue because they have not been discovered and shut down yet.
Soon every stream provider will need to have the same song recognition system that YouTube has or they will not be allowed to sell their services.
Being pay or free doesn't matter either -  both mean the rights holders are not being paid.
Playing some songs for a few friends is not a big deal but it is illegal by letter and spirit of the law.
and there is the answer.
i stated it was a grey area because it isnt worth the expense (or time) of paying a lawyer to issue a cease and desist to a stream like mine with less than 20 listeners.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #62337 on: December 09, 2018, 06:40:49 AM »
and there is the answer.
i stated it was a grey area because it isnt worth the expense (or time) of paying a lawyer to issue a cease and desist to a stream like mine with less than 20 listeners.

That does not make it a grey area.
There actually are people on hand at various labels / publishing companies who will sent out letters no matter how many listeners.
They are paid by the hour and will hit any stream they are made aware of.
It doesn't take a lawyer to send out a C&D, just ask Keith.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #62338 on: December 09, 2018, 06:42:22 AM »
O Brother, Where Art Thou? Last night I was listening to “The Little Podcast That Could/Did/Had” and in the chat. What a nice surprise to see @Richard Groyper in the chat.  My brother calls me on the phone. He says “I’m stranded”. On this cold dark night, my brother’s car is broken down on the highway.  I can hear car horns honking at his car.  Since my car is somewhat new, I had given away my jumper cables. Mr. Fish goes down the cellar to find another set of jumper cables. I started knocking on my neighbors door’s asking for jumper cables. For the next several hours, Mr Fish and I help my brother get his car running and off a major intersection. Eventually we get my brother and his car back home. This morning I go back to EllGab.  Only @wr250 and I are still in the chat. Sounds like I missed some fun last night. However, I am glad that I was able to help my brother. Thanks to Heidi from WadeGabe, I am listening to last night’s podcast.

Praise Be @Bart Ell

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #62339 on: December 09, 2018, 07:09:20 AM »
Good morning. How can I hear the little show with WR , PBS and Dynamo ?  Is there a link?