Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 359020 times)

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #2025 on: September 24, 2021, 12:05:26 PM »
Well she appears at 29 seconds in the intro of the pilot of the 1997 remake with Gary Busey as the McGarrett replacement.   ;)

Holy  Shit.  I was unaware of the Busey remake.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2026 on: September 24, 2021, 12:07:37 PM »
She looks better than Jack Lord.

Yeah, but he's dead, right?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2027 on: September 24, 2021, 12:08:15 PM »
He may be six feet under but he may also be better preserved.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That photo looks like he has already been embalmed.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2028 on: September 24, 2021, 12:11:53 PM »
I was a kid when I first came across Hawaii Five-0.  And immediatly had a thing for the girl on the beach half way into the intro.

"Elizabeth Logue was born in 1941 as Elizabeth Louise Malamalamaokalani White. She is an actress, known for Hawaii (1966) and Nude Odyssey (1961).  University of Hawaii's Miss Air Force ROTC in 1959. Well-known as the girl running down the beach and seen facing the camera in the title sequence of Hawaii Five-O (1968)."
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2029 on: September 24, 2021, 12:18:06 PM »
That photo looks like he has already been embalmed.
It’s from the “Jack Lord, a new beginning” collection.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2030 on: September 24, 2021, 12:19:36 PM »

Apparently it was quite a trip. The guy that played Chin Ho in the original had a part but didn't tell the new producers that the character had been killed off in the original series. Also Busey was Busey.
I'd like to see the whole thing but all I ever found was the first few minutes where Danno is now the Gov. & gets plugged by a guy in a `Cuda who nails him from long range with a pistol.  ::)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2031 on: September 24, 2021, 12:21:01 PM »
Well she appears at 29 seconds in the intro of the pilot of the 1997 remake with Gary Busey as the McGarrett replacement.   ;)

So was Gary.

https://www.tmz.com/2011/11/16/gary-busey-lawsuit-drunk-tackle-airport/
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2032 on: September 24, 2021, 12:26:50 PM »
Apparently it was quite a trip. They guy that played Chin Ho in the original had a part but didn't tell the new producers that the character had been killed off in the original series. Also Busey was Busey.
I'd like to see the whole thing but all I ever found was the first few minutes where Danno is now the Gov. & gets plugged by a guy in `Cuda who nails him from long range with a pistol.  ::)

Crap theme music, sounds like a drum machine...

That reminds me of the desire to redo Dragnet. Jack Webb was involved and was going to star in it until he died. Dan Aykroyd was going to co-star with him.

If Gary Busey could play a calm and straight person, I think he could have worked.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2033 on: September 24, 2021, 01:36:09 PM »
... If Gary Busey could play a calm and straight person, I think he could have worked.

I liked the remake series that recently ended.  I don't think Busey was the right guy to play that character

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #2034 on: September 24, 2021, 02:41:28 PM »
Crap theme music, sounds like a drum machine...

That reminds me of the desire to redo Dragnet. Jack Webb was involved and was going to star in it until he died. Dan Aykroyd was going to co-star with him.

Had never heard Aykroyd was going to work with Webb in a Dragnet remake.  Did the Dragnet movie Aykroyd made with Tom Hanks come out of those plans?  Although that movie got panned, I really liked it.  Aykroyd had Webb's voice inflections and body language down almost perfectly.  The scene where he and Hanks showed Captain Gannon the Pagan goat dance still cracks me up.  The look on Harry Morgan's face is priceless.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2035 on: September 24, 2021, 02:55:35 PM »
Had never heard Aykroyd was going to work with Webb in a Dragnet remake.  Did the Dragnet movie Aykroyd made with Tom Hanks come out of those plans?  Although that movie got panned, I really liked it.  Aykroyd had Webb's voice inflections and body language down almost perfectly.  The scene where he and Hanks showed Captain Gannon the Pagan goat dance still cracks me up.  The look on Henry Morgan's face is priceless.

I just Wikipedia'd it and saw a reference to Kent McCord from Adam 12 being considered Jack Webb's partner. Maybe the Aykroyd thing was as a production company arrangement, but not him starring in it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragnet_(franchise)

Useless trivia: I came across Martin Milner (1A12's Pete Malloy) a few times throughout my life. He lived in the area.

Maybe two years before he died, I had gotten in touch with his family because my kids watched Adam-12 and I thought it would be nice to take them over to meet him after school one day... Turns out he was already in his decline. They were selling off a lot of his belongings, his house, souvenirs from his acting days too. I think Milner's extended family was pretty greedy and creepy.

Marty is buried in the same cemetery as NFL star Junior Seau.

Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #2036 on: September 24, 2021, 03:06:17 PM »
I just Wikipedia'd it and saw a reference to Kent McCord from Adam 12 being considered Jack Webb's partner. Maybe the Aykroyd thing was as a production company arrangement, but not him starring in it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragnet_(franchise)

Useless trivia: I came across Martin Milner (1A12's Pete Malloy) a few times throughout my life. He lived in the area.

Maybe two years before he died, I had gotten in touch with his family because my kids watched Adam-12 and I thought it would be nice to take them over to meet him after school one day... Turns out he was already in his decline. They were selling off a lot of his belongings, his house, souvenirs from his acting days too. I think Milner's extended family was pretty greedy and creepy.

Marty is buried in the same cemetery as NFL star Junior Seau.

I had heard the "McCord as a partner story," I think it was discussed in the biography authorized by his daughter. Very entertaining book.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2037 on: September 24, 2021, 03:09:36 PM »
I had heard the "McCord as a partner story," I think it was discussed in the biography authorized by his daughter. Very entertaining book.

Webb's daughter died in a drunk driving incident... Ironic?

Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2038 on: September 24, 2021, 03:13:27 PM »
Had never heard Aykroyd was going to work with Webb in a Dragnet remake.  Did the Dragnet movie Aykroyd made with Tom Hanks come out of those plans?  Although that movie got panned, I really liked it.

I did too. Aykoyd was perfect.   "The virgin Connie Swail"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #2039 on: September 24, 2021, 03:15:51 PM »
Webb's daughter died in a drunk driving incident... Ironic?

I didn't know that either.  Jack was a serious drinker himself, many of the actors in his repertoire company were his drinking buddies. That group of actors appeared in numerous Dragnet episode in multiple roles, as well as in Adam 12, Emergency and Project UFO episodes.