Author Topic: Tell Bart Anything  (Read 322122 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Tell Bart Anything
« Reply #3045 on: January 17, 2024, 12:15:37 PM »
Bart,

HMCS Goose Bay just came out of refit rocking old school cool dazzle WW2 paint scheme.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I did not know we had any sort of boat after Bruno Gerussi died.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3046 on: January 20, 2024, 07:27:25 AM »
I got rejected by a Home Recording facebook group simply because when asked what kind of DAW I use, I replied "I do not use a DAW unless you count Sound Forge 7 as a DAW where I finish recordings up that are recorded on my hard disk console"

Those bastard. I've seen the pictures of their setups, and in many cases what you see is a small desk in their bedroom with a keyboard and monitors connected to their computers.  Whooo are these cretins to pass judgment on me? Thooose fuckers!  So apparently DAW snobbery is a thing now.

Little bitch-ass snooty pussyfart douchebag dickWADs!!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3047 on: January 20, 2024, 07:34:57 AM »
I got rejected by a Home Recording facebook group simply because when asked what kind of DAW I use, I replied "I do not use a DAW unless you count Sound Forge 7 as a DAW where I finish recordings up that are recorded on my hard disk console"

Those bastard. I've seen the pictures of their setups, and in many cases what you see is a small desk in their bedroom with a keyboard and monitors connected to their computers.  Whooo are these cretins to pass judgment on me? Thooose fuckers!  So apparently DAW snobbery is a thing now.

Waffle eating twats.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3048 on: January 20, 2024, 07:38:53 AM »

Facebook group? That's the problem right there.
I bet they own scratchless guitars too.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3049 on: January 20, 2024, 07:50:34 AM »
UNPATRIOTIC Waffle eating twats.
LOL!

Facebook group? That's the problem right there.
I bet they own scratchless guitars too.
Yeah, well, not going to disagree with the sentiment.

I reluctantly have a FB profile, yes. It was started for the sole purpose of selling a guitar back when I first arrived here. It took 3 weeks for the Godin Freeway Classic to sell, but in that time fuckers were sending me friend requests. The guitar hadn't sold yet so I accepted, and now here we are.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3050 on: January 20, 2024, 09:13:16 AM »
Its not only DAW snobbery, but which DAW snobbery.  Not to mention Max vs Windows vs Linux.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3051 on: January 20, 2024, 10:20:55 AM »
Its not only DAW snobbery, but which DAW snobbery.  Not to mention Max vs Windows vs Linux.
My goodness. What is wrong with people.  That doesn't surprise me. Bart might be one of them but I suspect not. Am I right @Bart Ell ?

I have DAW software - Fruity Loops? - something like that. It's supposed to be good but I do not have all the other equipment and connections to use it. I don't even know what I would need to get modern. That would be an ASK BART for sure.

I don't want to get modern until forced, but fortunately I have backups of my console, so.. :D  I have everything I need to stay the way I am. Mics, rackmounts, amps and real drums - and so-on.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3052 on: January 26, 2024, 05:12:03 AM »
Bart,

Guess your flight with Weisenheimer Guy could have been worse. You could have had Mental Mary.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3053 on: January 26, 2024, 07:10:15 AM »
Bart,

Guess your flight with Weisenheimer Guy could have been worse. You could have had Mental Mary.

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where he has the nudist girlfriend and tells her not to crouch.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3054 on: January 26, 2024, 08:34:36 AM »
Bart, I know you're busy in Moosejaw but I noticed that you haven't added category tags to the latest entries in the Thunderdome.  You know, guest vs guest, topic vs topic etc..

C'mon, let's be consistent. If not, you hate our democracy!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3055 on: January 27, 2024, 03:39:38 AM »
Bart, I know you're busy in Moosejaw but I noticed that you haven't added category tags to the latest entries in the Thunderdome.  You know, guest vs guest, topic vs topic etc..

C'mon, let's be consistent. If not, you hate our democracy!

Lazy.
I showed you how to do to it.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3056 on: January 27, 2024, 07:31:50 AM »
Lazy.
I showed you how to do to it.
You told me that it was an option, not how to actually do the thing. Maybe if WAN would get off his Michiganny ass we wouldn't have this problem.

heh heh heh

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3057 on: January 27, 2024, 09:04:58 AM »
You told me that it was an option, not how to actually do the thing.

LIES!

Quote from: BARTHUR
I added a new feature where you can add a tag to the topic title. You put it between [here] it also makes it searchable by tag.

So that would mean
Code: [Select]
[Topic vs Topic]
[Guest vs Guest]
[Art Vs George]

and so on.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3058 on: January 27, 2024, 09:57:23 AM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3059 on: January 27, 2024, 05:38:25 PM »
Mic shootouts are everywhere, and some are quite good.

I tried episode 7 with a Sennheiser E835, unfortunately I didn't use a pop-screen, so I ordered some classic black clown nose SM58 style foams.

($100. US) vs The RODE NT2-A ($400. US) You can clearly hear the difference but the &100 cardioid puts up a fight against the $400 condenser. It almost comes down to rasing up the slider/volume which I did not. Boosted the Senn would do quite well when staying direct. @JUAN also..

EV RE20 is on the way via the wife sending more of my stuff 'oot. Have you ever worked with one of these? Apparently they do rather well on a kick and other percussion. I believe I'll stick with it for my little show thingy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<iframe style="border-radius:12px" src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/episode/5kUDk2ZqDCeDlnLMkz4elB?utm_source=generator" width="100%" height="352" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" loading="lazy"></iframe>