Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 816008 times)

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #1860 on: January 18, 2020, 12:03:56 PM »
Today is day three with yummy oatmeal after more than 30 years. I highly recommend you try it again for the first time. It makes for a fantastic appetizer for my ham and eggs. Toast too :)

Old Fashioned oatmeal with cinnamon, almonds, raisins, dried cranberries, and a goodly splash of milk
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1861 on: January 18, 2020, 12:07:23 PM »
Old Fashioned oatmeal with cinnamon, almonds, raisins, dried cranberries, and a goodly splash of milk
Cinnamon and milk, yes. Nuts and fruit, no.  My loss I know ::)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1862 on: January 18, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »
Today is day three with yummy oatmeal after more than 30 years. I highly recommend you try it again for the first time. It makes for a fantastic appetizer for my ham and eggs. Toast too :)

Does it taste any better than it used to?  I'd say you're under oath, but that would be wrong

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1863 on: January 18, 2020, 12:15:13 PM »
listening to an old Art show this morning for coffee time and I just heard one of his classic Warnings.  "You may want to get the children out of the room, it's going to get pretty rough"

Fucking hilarious.  Gotta Love It!!   ;D

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1864 on: January 18, 2020, 12:16:36 PM »
Does it taste any better than it used to?  I'd say you're under oath, but that would be wrong
@PB it's every bit as good especially since mom isn't standing over me making sure I clean my bowl before heading off to school.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1865 on: January 18, 2020, 12:27:03 PM »
Cinnamon and milk, yes. Nuts and fruit, no.  My loss I know ::)

God forbid if a Canadian put something like Maple syrup on it. 
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1866 on: January 18, 2020, 12:37:10 PM »
God forbid if a Canadian put something like Maple syrup on it.
*Smirk* I don't want maple syrup on my oatmeal. Some brown sugar and milk will suffice. And another thing - I refuse to handle that sticky syrup bottle. Eh?

BTW I was conceived in Seattle. You're a Texan who roots for the Cubs. Or is it the Sox? SHAME! @GravitySucks

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1867 on: January 18, 2020, 12:57:29 PM »
*Smirk* I don't want maple syrup on my oatmeal. Some brown sugar and milk will suffice. And another thing - I refuse to handle that sticky syrup bottle. Eh?

BTW I was conceived in Seattle. You're a Texan who roots for the Cubs. Or is it the Sox? SHAME! @GravitySucks

@KSM I grew up in Chicago.  Moved to Texas when I was 16.  I’ll always be a Cubs fan.  Sox suck. Only decent thing that ever happened at a sox game was when they blew up the disco records in centerfield. But that was long after I moved away. 

Chicago is a good place to be from.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1868 on: January 18, 2020, 01:17:30 PM »
@KSM I grew up in Chicago.  Moved to Texas when I was 16.  I’ll always be a Cubs fan.  Sox suck. Only decent thing that ever happened at a sox game was when they blew up the disco records in centerfield. But that was long after I moved away. 

Ok, good answer and the panel accepts it.  Hmm disco demolition night!

My wife has become very good friends with a lady from Chicago through work and they have planned cross trips. This means I'm being dragged to Chicago in late May and her husband is being dragged here in early August. I don't know who these people are, what if they don't like me? Believe it or not, GS, not everybody who meets me likes me.  I know, weird huh ???

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1869 on: January 18, 2020, 01:20:11 PM »

Watch the long form movie of this awesome event @KSM    Tigers were the Sox opponents in a Twi-Night Double Header.  Watched it go down live on TV.  It was pretty awesome through the eyes of a youngster.  Dudes climbing down the foul poles out of the upper deck and setting fires and shit.  Peg legged Bill Veeck (as in wreck) trying to restore order.  Drunken Harry Caray yelling a wahoos. Wild.

13:27  Note that Lance Parrish still looks ridiculous flailing at a curve ball.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1870 on: January 18, 2020, 01:31:35 PM »
Ok, good answer and the panel accepts it.  Hmm disco demolition night!

My wife has become very good friends with a lady from Chicago through work and they have planned cross trips. This means I'm being dragged to Chicago in late May and her husband is being dragged here in early August. I don't know who these people are, what if they don't like me? Believe it or not, GS, not everybody who meets me likes me.  I know, weird huh ???

@KSM There is one thing you absolutely have to do while in Chicago.  You can thank me later. 

The Italian beef sandwich is a Chicago area tradition.  There is a restaurant chain called Portillo’s that make decent sandwiches but local neighborhood beef stands are usually the best. 

My favorite is an Italian beef/Italian sausage combo, dunked (or wet), with sweet and hot peppers.  You might not be able to handle the hot peppers or GIARDINIERA relish.  It you can handle spicy then add some.

Get a side order of fries and make sure they have celery salt. 

Unless you have turned into a tofu licking soyboi, I can guarantee that you will want more before you leave Chicago. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1871 on: January 18, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
And @KSM you have to get to a game in Wrigley Field if the Cubs are in town.  Spend the money and get field box seats behind the dugout.  It is the ultimate baseball viewing experience. I have been to games in about 20 different parks and there is nothing like it. 

Just don’t freak out when you go to the pottie and everyone is just whipping it out to piss in a trough along the walls. 

Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1872 on: January 18, 2020, 02:11:09 PM »
Screwed up my oatmeal :'(  FuckinDammit.

Instant?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1873 on: January 18, 2020, 02:14:33 PM »

I like old fashioned with some milk. I had trouble getting it how I liked it, then I found a minicrockpot that is supposed to be for sauce or dipping or something which is perfect for cooking the oatmeal. I wish it were breakfast time, I'd like some now.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1874 on: January 18, 2020, 02:27:50 PM »
Watch the long form movie of this awesome event @KSM    Tigers were the Sox opponents in a Twi-Night Double Header.  Watched it go down live on TV.  It was pretty awesome through the eyes of a youngster.  Dudes climbing down the foul poles out of the upper deck and setting fires and shit.  Peg legged Bill Veeck (as in wreck) trying to restore order.  Drunken Harry Caray yelling a wahoos. Wild.

13:27  Note that Lance Parrish still looks ridiculous flailing at a curve ball.

@Walks_At_Night Well, shit, I almost don't know what to say! I assume you were rooting for the Tigers on that day. I absolutely love the un PC way the announcers are voicing their opinions. A lot of action there. FIRE!

@KSM There is one thing you absolutely have to do while in Chicago.  You can thank me later. 

The Italian beef sandwich is a Chicago area tradition.  There is a restaurant chain called Portillo’s that make decent sandwiches but local neighborhood beef stands are usually the best. 

My favorite is an Italian beef/Italian sausage combo, dunked (or wet), with sweet and hot peppers.  You might not be able to handle the hot peppers or GIARDINIERA relish.  It you can handle spicy then add some.

Get a side order of fries and make sure they have celery salt. 

Unless you have turned into a tofu licking soyboi, I can guarantee that you will want more before you leave Chicago. 

@GravitySucks Thank you for the recommendation - i have made a note of that in my phone. And.. I am far from a Soyboi.

Peeing in a trough is nothing new to me. And at the risk of sounding G'hey I look forward to it!!  That's assuming we take in a game. If only the Jays were in town that for a series. I'll check the schedule once the dates are locked in.