Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 815845 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #5610 on: October 18, 2021, 07:10:50 PM »
I prefer beans who know their place and joyfully await their fate to be ground and bathed in scalding water.
Agreed! I'll often throw in a live lobster in there.

.. I would really like to quit drinking coffee. We have soooo much of it in all of its variety. From beans to ground to espresso to those kurig pods. No good comes from all this.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5611 on: October 18, 2021, 07:33:51 PM »
Heh, heh, heh... From Pinhead back to Mr. Rogers.  A totally natural transition. ;) Seeing Andrew Robinson portray a sane character in “Hellraiser”, after his “Dirty Harry” Scorpio character, was kind of strange.  He was such a psycho as Scorpio, I can’t help but see him as Scorpio, forever. 

I haven’t seen “Hellraiser” in years.  It was definitely an interesting movie when it came out in the 80’s.

Mr. Rogers opened the box and sent Pinhead to the land of make-believe.  Lady Elaine Fairchilde will tear his soul apart!   ;D

Hellraiser is one of my favorites.  The franchise went down hill as it went on and I expect the remake to suck.  A transgender woman is playing Pinhead.  Why?  Nevermind.  ;)  However, Clive Barker is producing it, so it may be good.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5612 on: October 18, 2021, 10:41:59 PM »
I think I discovered a drink called "The Boston." Maybe a variation on that name.  Lemonade and Captain Morgan's spiced rum. Shit sneaks up on you. It's like fooling around and falling in love.

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5613 on: October 19, 2021, 12:09:00 AM »
I think I discovered a drink called "The Boston." Maybe a variation on that name.  Lemonade and Captain Morgan's spiced rum. Shit sneaks up on you. It's like fooling around and falling in love.
@sean92008 Hmm makes sense but  I must ask:::  Lemonade. Like package stuff or REAL juice from a lemon in water and THEN add the Captain..?  I guess I am just saying that incorporating actual lemon would be a good thing. 

Garnish?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5614 on: October 19, 2021, 08:08:57 AM »
@sean92008 Hmm makes sense but  I must ask:::  Lemonade. Like package stuff or REAL juice from a lemon in water and THEN add the Captain..?  I guess I am just saying that incorporating actual lemon would be a good thing. 

Garnish?
I've used a lemonade vitamin drink last night after using a lemonade concentrate mix the first time. Happy both times. I do like the idea of having pulp in it for visual and textural effect.

I love 7-Up & the Captain (Cap & 7?). Not too far of a stretch to full-on lemon flavor.

I would have to make a bet that they did use a slice of lemon for the garnish. For some reason I'm under the impression that the Boston drink is an oldie, like 1800s old.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5615 on: October 19, 2021, 08:35:41 AM »
I've used a lemonade vitamin drink last night after using a lemonade concentrate mix the first time. Happy both times. I do like the idea of having pulp in it for visual and textural effect...

Arnold Palmer's are hard to beat on a hot day...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5616 on: October 19, 2021, 09:06:04 AM »
Arnold Palmer's are hard to beat on a hot day...

I had to look that up... Yes, that would work for me. By the way, the rum and lemonade mix is called "Boston rum punch."

If I wanted to be an alcoholic, that would be my main drink.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5617 on: October 19, 2021, 10:13:26 AM »

If I wanted to be an alcoholic
, that would be my main drink.

There's a lot in that..

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5618 on: October 19, 2021, 10:18:01 AM »
There's a lot in that..

I'm really good at that. From my youth hanging out with Country Dick Montana and not remembering how I got to my car, how I drove home and who I went home with... I used to smoke a lot before each tour as well. I didn't want to get sick inside these clubs filled with smoke. No White Snake jokes here! Too soon, I still remember Ty Longley's name
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5619 on: October 19, 2021, 10:23:48 AM »
I didn't want to get sick inside these clubs filled with smoke. No White Snake jokes here! Too soon, I still remember Ty Longley's name

Yet you don't remember Great White's name.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5620 on: October 19, 2021, 10:26:16 AM »
Yet you don't remember Great White's name.

Hahahahaha! Selective David Coverversion hate? Mammaries of Tawny?
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5621 on: October 19, 2021, 10:29:48 AM »
Yet you don't remeber Great White's name.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 @Bart Ell ??

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5622 on: October 19, 2021, 10:42:22 AM »
I never understood the many people who would announce by way of a thread that they were leaving Coast/bellgab. There were several over the years. Forget who it was but one guy had a second thread entitled 'how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit'.  And it is not exclusive to BG. Seen it happen other places. Including mine where a guy threatened to sue me if I didn't delete his account. It made for a very entertaining thread as he kept going for months about leaving and suing. After awhile it was beyond redundant and no longer entertaining so I banned him. I guess when he was no longer able to sign in he figured that I deleted the account. But I didn't. His name was Thomas, from Fort Wayne, Indiana and he worked as a bouncer in his uncles bar.  Whatta life

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5623 on: October 19, 2021, 11:02:19 AM »
I never understood the many people who would announce by way of a thread that they were leaving Coast/bellgab. There were several over the years. Forget who it was but one guy had a second thread entitled 'how do I get out of this chickenshit outfit'.  And it is not exclusive to BG. Seen it happen other places. Including mine where a guy threatened to sue me if I didn't delete his account. It made for a very entertaining thread as he kept going for months about leaving and suing. After awhile it was beyond redundant and no longer entertaining so I banned him. I guess when he was no longer able to sign in he figured that I deleted the account. But I didn't. His name was Thomas, from Fort Wayne, Indiana and he worked as a bouncer in his uncles bar.  Whatta life

Reported

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #5624 on: October 19, 2021, 12:47:09 PM »
I posted it too early for Halloween.  I do not want you having flashbacks.  I will change it.  So, I is it safe to say you may have been 'tripping' when you watched it? @PolkaDot   ;D  ;)
I was not always the good girl you see before you now @ShayP  :-X

There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.