Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 815837 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #7500 on: April 24, 2023, 08:05:46 PM »
Bam pisses in a sink, beats on his brother, threatens to kill Phil and Ape and then disappears into the woods.

BAM MARGERA
Allegedly Beat Up Bro ...
AND THREATENED TO KILL FAMILY

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7501 on: April 26, 2023, 09:59:18 PM »
I was asked to step in as the executor/trustee for a friend's estate...

Simple enough... Or so I thought.

Told today it includes: Power of attorney, medical decisions, etc.

Family battle getting ugly. I have already picked sides after watching Ring video. Heh, heh, heh...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7502 on: April 27, 2023, 11:26:51 AM »
I was asked to step in as the executor/trustee for a friend's estate...

Simple enough... Or so I thought.

Told today it includes: Power of attorney, medical decisions, etc.

Family battle getting ugly. I have already picked sides after watching Ring video. Heh, heh, heh...
@sean92008 I want you to keep us/ME posted on this. keep me up to date as things happen. It's too juicy and I cannot l00k away! Should be its own thread IMO.  If others don't want to be in the know - PM me updates!

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라
« Reply #7503 on: April 27, 2023, 11:33:22 AM »
Bam pisses in a sink, beats on his brother, threatens to kill Phil and Ape and then disappears into the woods.

BAM MARGERA
Allegedly Beat Up Bro ...
AND THREATENED TO KILL FAMILY

Wasn't that basically every episode of Viva La Bam?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7504 on: April 27, 2023, 04:33:07 PM »
@sean92008 I want you to keep us/ME posted on this. keep me up to date as things happen. It's too juicy and I cannot l00k away! Should be its own thread IMO.  If others don't want to be in the know - PM me updates!

Hopefully there is no real action...  I do have a reputation of handling death rather well. Sending cremains is only part of it. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is a biography of Beatles Road manager Mal Evans coming up. Mal was shot by Los Angeles police something like 47 years ago... His cremains never made it back to England, causing John Lennon to quip that Mal ended up in the dead letter office...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7505 on: April 29, 2023, 08:31:18 AM »
Arby's is absolute crap. Fake beef. Fake cheese. Seed oil crap. Why the hell do I love those "roast beef" sandwiches? Same with quarter pounders W cheese, that does at least claim to be real meat. So many of these temptations out there. Products of my concupiscence for certain meaty-like junk-food perhaps.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7506 on: April 29, 2023, 10:21:33 AM »
Yesterday, an insurance/financial sales representative got frustrated with me. Called me "poor" in fact.

I was looking for those life insurance and catastrophic illness policies for each of my children.  You know, something that will pay them back when they turn 50, etc... It was something that I wanted to do, pay all of the premiums up front and have it there for them because I won't be around then.

This agent had a difficult time giving me good, solid documentation. A PDF chart of the monthly premium, the annual premium and the valuation chart over the life of the policy. What I got was a series of actual photographs of the screen with much of the information cut off. This is not an old person giving this to me. I made it clear that I wasn't going to move forward unless I had clear documentation.

After the third request and about eight of these "screen pictures," I just said I was moving on...

The reply was a torrent of just trying to be nasty. Calling my lack of willingness to pay $288/per child a month for 15 years being cheap. Saying that if they knew I was so poor, they wouldn't have talked to me, questioning me on why I pay that much in car insurance every month means that I value my cars more than my children, etc.

So, it's easy to ignore a lot of that, but one thing I had to clarify was the fact that I don't even pay $220 a month for all of our cars... I find it a humorous exception that I take. I don't like to lead on how much money I have with any commissioned salesperson, but I take a lot of pride in paying a great rate for my insurance and getting superior coverage.
🤣🤣🤣

Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7507 on: April 29, 2023, 11:34:40 AM »
Yesterday, an insurance/financial sales representative got frustrated with me. Called me "poor" in fact.

I was looking for those life insurance and catastrophic illness policies for each of my children.  You know, something that will pay them back when they turn 50, etc... It was something that I wanted to do, pay all of the premiums up front and have it there for them because I won't be around then.

This agent had a difficult time giving me good, solid documentation. A PDF chart of the monthly premium, the annual premium and the valuation chart over the life of the policy. What I got was a series of actual photographs of the screen with much of the information cut off...

Try trying to get information out of them on a whole life policy - how much of the premium is for the actual life insurance and how much is for the investment / ''cash value''.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7508 on: April 29, 2023, 11:36:14 AM »
... Same with quarter pounders W cheese, that does at least claim to be real meat...

Do you remember the Pink Slime controversy?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7509 on: April 29, 2023, 11:57:55 AM »
Try trying to get information out of them on a whole life policy - how much of the premium is for the actual life insurance and how much is for the investment / ''cash value''.

A great question to ask directly... I was hoping charts would show that exact information. Either it was an ignorant agent or a deceptive agent.  Argh.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7510 on: April 29, 2023, 12:16:51 PM »
A great question to ask directly... I was hoping charts would show that exact information. Either it was an ignorant agent or a deceptive agent.  Argh.

I decided they're salesmen, trained in selling.  Ask the something not in their ''selling or dummies'' manual and they don't know, or even who to ask.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7511 on: April 29, 2023, 01:38:54 PM »
Do you remember the Pink Slime controversy?
Why does that sound familiar..?  Refresh me please @PB

Oh wait.. was that about 15 years ago, Arby's?

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #7512 on: April 29, 2023, 04:14:08 PM »
This agent had a difficult time giving me good, solid documentation.

With the exception of @PB , when I find someone to be incompetent or dishonest, I just walk away.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7513 on: May 01, 2023, 11:00:44 AM »
The linked article is about community College students trying to transfer to a four-year university, but not being able to take the credits they worked for already...

Well I feel bad for people like the girl featured in this article, this was completely avoidable. It requires research and communicating with the schools that you are interested in transferring to.

With one of my kids, we were surprised to find that community College courses used to graduate high school, along with the regular AP stuff, was accepted at the University level, but it would not have been accepted by the University of California system...

I think truth in education rules need to be implemented, seriously.

https://apnews.com/article/bachelor-degree-community-college-transfer-credits-cec0154f260c130fbbfcb593de77e4da
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7514 on: May 01, 2023, 05:20:01 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login