Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810766 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2018, 10:44:29 PM »
Went out for breakfast this morning. There were little crunchy eggshell bits in my scrambled eggs. Either that or it was the cooks toenail clippings.

#Gag reflex

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2018, 04:11:23 AM »
That old question to your Dad right before you go to get your first license.

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways? The thoughtful looks. The partial but never completed answers and the final "because".

You gotta love Dad.

:)
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2018, 08:33:40 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Never too early to start Christmas shopping

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2018, 01:12:13 AM »

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2018, 01:27:40 AM »
'Stand your ground' is in effect.  However, 'No Trespassing' signs are useless.  The police don't answer those calls.  Why?  I don't know.  That's what the cop told my Mom. 

I don't recall what Foodlion said...however do me a solid and put me in check if I start to go down his (or her) path.   ;)
I think the no trespassing signs make it easier for the cops to make the people leave.  When I've reported trespassing, that's the first recommendation.  Not because it does any good, but because then the cops can tell the trespassers that they were warned. 

As you probably know (but your mom might not), sometimes cops have a higher priority happening, so they can't come.  It's not that they wouldn't.

I would try to sabotage whatever benefit they get by trespassing.  If they get privacy, prune back the landscaping.  If they sleep, install bright lights on intermittent timers.  Perhaps a sprinkler would be a deterrant?  If they congregate in an open space, she could fill the space with a vehicle or trailer.  Sounds awful.

WildCard

• KDWN
  • No.
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2018, 09:42:40 AM »
this is the greatest thing ever.

"One user asked the question that was on all of our lips, why? Yes, Innes. Why?

"His answer: ‘Don’t want it to go to waste.’

"Speaking to the Metro he explained: ‘The discovery of the black sarcophagus in Alexandria sparked interest the world over, and amongst friends was immediately picked up as a symbol of hope. People were given an opportunity they’re often denied in recent times – to picture a brighter, more optimistic future in which the earth is blighted, torn apart and consumed piece by piece at the hands of furious immortal Egyptian gods. The potential to unleash this curse upon ourselves by opening the sarcophagus offered a degree of control over our lives which, in the current political and financial climate, we’re so often denied.

"Many felt let down when the dark and extremely cursed sarcophagus was pried open to reveal only skeletons drenched in raw sewage, which is weird because skeletons are inherently pretty awesome. However, I stand true to the hope we were promised, and deeply believe that by consuming the skeleton juice in the form of a carbonated high caffeine energy drink that we can still have the opportunity to enter an era of unending darkness and despair. I’m so glad to see others backing the petition, and sharing in my mission to rapidly bring about the end of all things.’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/20/people-want-to-drink-the-red-liquid-from-newly-opened-4000-year-old-sarcophagus-7740238

https://www.change.org/p/let-people-drink-the-red-liquid-from-the-dark-sarcophagus
This place is terrible.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2018, 02:01:25 PM »
I was doing laundry and was watching the last hour of today's Tour de France stage on a super steep finale. And what do my eyes behold? Painted on road about halfway up the nasty climb was, "GRAVITY SUCKS"

GS, êtes-vous à Mende aujourd'hui?
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Lob Bazare

• KDWN
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »

My cats name is Karma. She has been with me for 20+ years. I have all the Karma I need.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2018, 04:44:40 PM »

My cats name is Karma. She has been with me for 20+ years. I have all the Karma I need.

What a cutie!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2018, 06:40:42 PM »
I was doing laundry and was watching the last hour of today's Tour de France stage on a super steep finale. And what do my eyes behold? Painted on road about halfway up the nasty climb was, "GRAVITY SUCKS"

GS, êtes-vous à Mende aujourd'hui?

Oui oui!
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2018, 10:33:59 PM »

Oui oui!

C'est vrai? Ooh là là. Formidable!
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2018, 07:42:26 PM »
I’m dressing up as a vampire pumpkin for Halloween.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2018, 06:38:28 AM »
'Stand your ground' is in effect.  However, 'No Trespassing' signs are useless.  The police don't answer those calls.  Why?  I don't know.  That's what the cop told my Mom. 

I don't recall what Foodlion said...however do me a solid and put me in check if I start to go down his (or her) path.   ;)

here is your answer:
when they trespass again, call the police. when the police say "we dont respond to those calls" say "thats ok i have a shotgun" and hang up. the cops will arrive shortly.

be sure to not have any long or short guns and when they ask "why did you say you had a gun" answer "i thought you didnt respond to trespass calls"

statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2018, 08:17:35 AM »
here is your answer:
when they trespass again, call the police. when the police say "we dont respond to those calls" say "thats ok i have a shotgun" and hang up. the cops will arrive shortly.

be sure to not have any long or short guns and when they ask "why did you say you had a gun" answer "i thought you didnt respond to trespass calls"

LOL!  That may not work out too well for me.  They just need to patrol more.  Occasionally you see a car with the flood light going down the street.  That's rare anymore.  Plus the neighbors are of no help.  They see nothing unless it affects them or if they want to be nosey about what you have or what you are doing on any given day.  I'm a pretty good deterrent when I'm here, but I'm not always and I worry.

I convinced my Mom to move however.  That's a good thing.  This area is going down the tubes.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2018, 11:13:51 AM »
So I keep wondering where the bottom of the barrel regarding weirdos is on online dating sites. The latest one told me cologne would kill me, said she only uses essential oils and natural deodorant, and that she likes to be sensual and rub people down with basil leaves. I am willing to bet she reeks. Needless to say it was a hard pass. But I keep thinking in the grand scheme of things holy shit am I normal.

Story number 2 today is a couple where the picture is a woman in a nude colored bra. Not. Sexy. Ever. No on gets turned on by a nude color bra. My account also says no couples. No one reads either.