Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810967 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #6586 on: June 30, 2022, 08:45:45 PM »
Today I'm at the gas station, and some bum walks up asking for 'spare change'.  As I'm telling him 'no' his phone rings. 

He listens for a few moments and tells the person on the other end that he's working...

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6588 on: June 30, 2022, 10:17:18 PM »
:D

https://twitter.com/mariana057/status/1542558142923509760
I'm in her club.

Today I'm at the gas station, and some bum walks up asking for 'spare change'.  As I'm telling him 'no' his phone rings. 

He listens for a few moments and tells the person on the other end that he's working...
We, you and I had this discussion about three years ago in this very thread. Remember; the line that I! always use when asked that age old question "Hey buddy, got any spare change?" or some variation of that, but the term "spare change" is a constant. I'm telling you, again! Answer with "TONS!" when asked about spare change. You say it with glee, you say it like you've got so much spare fucking change that your back hurts from the dead weight that is all that MONEY in your pockets.  PLEASE @PB remember it. One word never meant so much as you keep moving and carry on with your day.  It leaves them speechless as if you're going to hand it all over while you get in your car and drive away.

It is a perfect,  perfect thing.

The trick is that you have to keep moving as you say/shout it.

TONS!!  :)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6589 on: June 30, 2022, 10:29:28 PM »
I'm in her club.
We, you and I had this discussion about three years ago in this very thread. Remember; the line that I! always use when asked that age old question "Hey buddy, got any spare change?" or some variation of that, but the term "spare change" is a constant. I'm telling you, again! Answer with "TONS!" when asked about spare change. You say it with glee, you say it like you've got so much spare fucking change that your back hurts from the dead weight that is all that MONEY in your pockets.  PLEASE @PB remember it. One word never meant so much as you keep moving and carry on with your day.  It leaves them speechless as if you're going to hand it all over while you get in your car and drive away.

It is a perfect,  perfect thing.

The trick is that you have to keep moving as you say/shout it.

TONS!!  :)

I DO remember that conversation, and I've been saying 'yes' to the spare change question for years as I continue walking past.

But not while trapped at the gas station in a marginal area just off the freeway.  And I have some sympathy for this particular bum (he's there all the time), an older black guy who has probably made some bad decisions and is down on his luck - not some 19 year old puke that got a ride from, I dunno, Kentucky or Santa Cruz and is here for the free drugs and handouts.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6590 on: June 30, 2022, 10:38:47 PM »
I DO remember that conversation, and I've been saying 'yes' to the spare change question for years as I continue walking past.

But not while trapped at the gas station in a marginal area just off the freeway.  And I have some sympathy for this particular bum (he's there all the time), an older black guy who has probably made some bad decisions and is down on his luck - not some 19 year old puke that got a ride from, I dunno, Kentucky or Santa Cruz and is here for the free drugs and handouts.
"YES" is also good.

I hope things pick up for the old guy.  :(

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6591 on: June 30, 2022, 10:40:07 PM »
Quote from: FoodLion

September 02, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »

Here I sit, dumbfounded about what happened last night.
At around 11:30pm--First we hear some one hopping over the fence, I go out with a flash light to investigate but see nothing. Suddenly it hits me, my camera is pointed at that spot, the same spot they've hopped over time and time again. Expecting to finally get pictures of the piece of filth in action, I go to check the camera, It's gone. Fucking thieves stole my camera and the memory card.

I look for my dog and he's laying on the ground. They must've fed him something to make him sick or fall asleep. I'm about to turn into a hobo with a shotgun and start street sweeping these dope heads.

Looks like I'm going to sell my 4 wheeler and get the money for a security system. At this point I'd rather catch the idiots more than anything. I might be looking for some advice later. If you know about security systems, please let me know. I'm hoping I can get one that will go wifi and I can work and watch from my computer screen. Any suggestions?

Edit: I am on a budget crises. If you guys can help point me to something really cheap and effective, I will hansomly reward you with any video or pictures of thieves that I manage to get. You guys will really enjoy looking at these ugly mofos. They look like Skelitor from He-man. Just a bag of bones with track marks down their arms. Some real nasty sonofvabitches.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #6592 on: June 30, 2022, 11:16:43 PM »
Quote from: FoodLion

September 02, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »

Here I sit, dumbfounded about what happened last night.
At around 11:30pm--First we hear some one hopping over the fence, I go out with a flash light to investigate but see nothing. Suddenly it hits me, my camera is pointed at that spot, the same spot they've hopped over time and time again. Expecting to finally get pictures of the piece of filth in action, I go to check the camera, It's gone. Fucking thieves stole my camera and the memory card.

I look for my dog and he's laying on the ground. They must've fed him something to make him sick or fall asleep. I'm about to turn into a hobo with a shotgun and start street sweeping these dope heads.

Looks like I'm going to sell my 4 wheeler and get the money for a security system. At this point I'd rather catch the idiots more than anything. I might be looking for some advice later. If you know about security systems, please let me know. I'm hoping I can get one that will go wifi and I can work and watch from my computer screen. Any suggestions?

Edit: I am on a budget crises. If you guys can help point me to something really cheap and effective, I will hansomly reward you with any video or pictures of thieves that I manage to get. You guys will really enjoy looking at these ugly mofos. They look like Skelitor from He-man. Just a bag of bones with track marks down their arms. Some real nasty sonofvabitches.

Razor wire on your fence. If that's too much of a liability, bird stop (those metal spikes).

Tripwires posted using rebar so that they injure themselves wouldn't be too bad, you can always say you were working on a irrigation project or something.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6593 on: July 01, 2022, 08:12:35 AM »
Razor wire on your fence. If that's too much of a liability, bird stop (those metal spikes).

Tripwires posted using rebar so that they injure themselves wouldn't be too bad, you can always say you were working on a irrigation project or something.
I’m sure FoodLion appreciates the timely recommendations.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6594 on: July 01, 2022, 02:35:23 PM »
OK, so I am in Costa Mesa, California today. And, I decided to park in one place and walk a few blocks while waiting for an appointment...

I walk by a place called Original Barista Coffee. It's in a 1950s era strip mall of six or seven places...  Lots of ratty-looking cars parked in front of all the other shops, but this coffee place...

Two Mercedes-Benz E-Series, a white Lamborghini and a yellow Porsche.

All women.

I bet that coffee shop is selling contraband diet pills!

There's no way they can be that good in that dump of a location... It's fucking coffee!

Yes, I did think about the nail place, but these women were at the coffee shop.

The photo is from Google Street View and features a Tesla and a Mercedes SUV...
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #6595 on: July 01, 2022, 02:54:55 PM »
Blue Ice meth dealer?
Merry Christmas

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #6596 on: July 01, 2022, 04:34:19 PM »
Go, Yellowstone Bison! Go!

Crush puny humans with tiny brains!

Shark season has nothing on you....

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6597 on: July 01, 2022, 04:38:34 PM »
Blue Ice meth dealer?

Hey, your guess is as good as mine.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6598 on: July 01, 2022, 05:59:47 PM »
Go, Yellowstone Bison! Go!

Crush puny humans with tiny brains!

Shark season has nothing on you....
I make it a general rule not to mess with anything that takes something like a Buffalo rifle to bring down.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+buffalo+hunters+and+their+rifles%3a+image+polishing+and+myth...-a0147466234
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6599 on: July 02, 2022, 12:48:28 PM »
For anybody who wants to record streaming audio without buying ridiculous software that expires each year.

Audacity is 100% free and legal.
https://www.audacityteam.org/download/