Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 818276 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #8265 on: May 05, 2024, 09:39:52 AM »
Too bad Morg didn't live to see this, @Walks_At_Night .  you could have gotten him hos own account.
https://www.popsci.com/environment/parrots-facebook-messenger/

Kind of a neat idea. The bigger birds might enjoy that kind of thing - the parakeets don't seem to be so iffy in the head.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #8266 on: May 09, 2024, 04:22:46 PM »
What the he'll happened to Kimberly Guilfoyle? She looks like the old hag.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #8267 on: May 09, 2024, 04:29:42 PM »
What the he'll happened to Kimberly Guilfoyle? She looks like the old hag.

She stayed good looking until she hooked somebody who would be faithful to her. Gavin wasn't going to be.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #8268 on: May 11, 2024, 04:00:36 PM »
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8269 on: May 11, 2024, 04:07:12 PM »
Lesbians and bisexual women die sooner.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lesbian-bisexual-women-die-earlier-230830457.html

Sad, but true in my old circles. Something else I also noticed, more gay couples I know and have known over the years have one of them end up in a wheelchair or severely disabled and often at a very young age. None of the hetero couples I have known are wheelchair-bound. Humm. I wonder what the statistics are.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8270 on: May 16, 2024, 02:31:42 PM »
So, I'm driving down The 56 freeway in San Diego County. I'm going nicely along following the speed limit and there is an open lane to my left. Some asshole in a commercial vehicle pulls up behind me, I can't even see the bumper they are so close to the sedan I'm driving. I maintain my speed and they continue on my ass. After about a mile I start to slow down when I would prefer this person to pass me and a construction zone is coming up. They stay on my ass.

When it comes to get on to I-5 freeway going north. I discover the company that the driver works for. Amazingly, it's a company that I was going to have out for a major home improvement quote on Tuesday. I called the company saying I have a complaint about one of their drivers and they proactively said if they're breaking the law call the police, but we can't help you. Then I said may I speak to somebody about appointments the response was that they could help me with that. I canceled my appointment. The lady asked why I was canceling the appointment maybe she wanted me to specifically answer the question so that the complaint would go forward, maybe it was because she wasn't that bright.

Eh, self-elimination is the best elimination.
Eh, nevermind...

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #8271 on: May 16, 2024, 02:43:04 PM »
The lady asked why I was canceling the appointment maybe she wanted me to specifically answer the question so that the complaint would go forward, maybe it was because she wasn't that bright.

Good for you.  I'd have done the same.  It amazes me how many times I see a commercial vehicle's driver acting like an idiot.  Bad marketing.  I had something similar happen recently.  I have a home warranty/insurance policy covering our outside sewer line.  It's an old line, tree roots infiltrate from time to time and we use the policy at least once per year to have the line cleaned out.  I received a letter stating that the company would not renew the policy at the end of the policy term.  They didn't say why.  I called many times trying to get through to someone who could answer some questions,  Each time I called, the customer service agent could not/would not connect me to someone in leadership but they would try to sell me on a different policy covering indoor plumbing.  I asked each time why the hell I would purchase another policy with them if they weren't going to honor the original one.  Are consumers that stupid?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8272 on: May 16, 2024, 03:06:24 PM »
Good for you.  I'd have done the same.

Driven the speed limit?
Isn't the speed limit actually the slowest you should drive unless you are a 92 year old woman with Sendavision?
THE REAL ISSUE HERE IS DRIVING SO DAMN SLOW!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8273 on: May 16, 2024, 04:33:32 PM »
Driven the speed limit?
Isn't the speed limit actually the slowest you should drive unless you are a 92 year old woman with Sendavision?
THE REAL ISSUE HERE IS DRIVING SO DAMN SLOW!

I don't wanna mess with Deputy Frank...
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #8274 on: May 16, 2024, 05:29:53 PM »
So, I'm driving down The 56 freeway in San Diego County. I'm going nicely along following the speed limit and there is an open lane to my left. Some asshole in a commercial vehicle pulls up behind me, I can't even see the bumper they are so close to the sedan I'm driving. I maintain my speed and they continue on my ass. After about a mile I start to slow down when I would prefer this person to pass me and a construction zone is coming up. They stay on my ass.

When it comes to get on to I-5 freeway going north. I discover the company that the driver works for. Amazingly, it's a company that I was going to have out for a major home improvement quote on Tuesday. I called the company saying I have a complaint about one of their drivers and they proactively said if they're breaking the law call the police, but we can't help you. Then I said may I speak to somebody about appointments the response was that they could help me with that. I canceled my appointment. The lady asked why I was canceling the appointment maybe she wanted me to specifically answer the question so that the complaint would go forward, maybe it was because she wasn't that bright.

Eh, self-elimination is the best elimination.

Perfect.

There are so many vehicles with a sticker on them saying ''how am I driving?'' and a number to call if they're driving recklessly.  In all my years of being on the road I've only had two that were so dangerous that I called, one for swerving right in front of me point blank at speed, and one who was staring into his cell phone and nearly hit my bike when the road curved and he didn't.

Both times I get someone on the line defending them and making excuses.  F you and why bother putting the sticker on if you don't want anyone to actually call.