Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 360434 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #780 on: January 28, 2020, 03:55:35 PM »
Whew, now that Kobe has been Sainted, Enshrined by Acclaim into the Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, and Tennis Hall of Fames, and Etched onto Mt Rushmore - we return to our regular programming - Week 2 of Super Bowl hype.  Never has it been so welcome

LOL!  I still can't comprehend all the adulation from people who really never knew him.  The coverage of his death is quite absurd.  I had to laugh when I saw a headline saying he took communion before he got on the flight.  WTF?  He probably took a shit too.  The Clemente comparisons still burn my ass.  I'm so sick of it all.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #781 on: January 28, 2020, 04:14:12 PM »
LOL!  I still can't comprehend all the adulation from people who really never knew him.  The coverage of his death is quite absurd.  I had to laugh when I saw a headline saying he took communion before he got on the flight.  WTF?  He probably took a shit too.  The Clemente comparisons still burn my ass.  I'm so sick of it all.

What makes no sense is that, at least on Twitter, all these liberal people who make liberal posts are praising a guy who settled with a nineteen-year-old over rape "allegations."

He admitted that he "thought" she was consenting even when she said "no" multiple times. No means no only when it fits the MeToo agenda.

I have only heard one sportscaster address the Colorado incident directly. I also heard a sports agent talking about him specifically. He was given advice on how to improve his public image. Community involvement, his sports program, going to church, etc. was all an orchestrated attempt to change public opinion.  He may have turned into the guy he was portraying, but still... Fuck him. Hope he survived while the others died instantly. I hope he burned slowly and polluted the environment more than the others.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #782 on: January 28, 2020, 04:44:33 PM »
LOL!  I still can't comprehend all the adulation...

Lebron said he will take on Kobe's legacy as his own responsibility

What he hell does that even mean?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #783 on: January 28, 2020, 04:54:05 PM »

What?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #784 on: January 28, 2020, 04:59:53 PM »
In ''Mamba: The Last Helicopter Ride'', who plays Kobe?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #785 on: January 29, 2020, 12:10:27 AM »
Yeah.  Fuck that guy.  Been hearing about how kobe changed their lives, made dreams real....  WTF?   

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #786 on: January 29, 2020, 12:15:36 AM »

Oh, fuck me to tears.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #787 on: January 30, 2020, 08:57:05 AM »
@sean92008  Bringing up Clemente struck a nerve.  Not because of you.  It's because I was listening to a radio show out of Pittsburgh and they were comparing Kobe to Clemente and not only did it blow my mind, but it made me sick.  Trying to correlate this tragedy with the one that claimed Clemente's life.  Hmmmm....let's see.  Kobe flew in a helicopter because he wanted to get to where he was going faster and claimed his 6' 6" frame was uncomfortable riding in a car.  Bullshit.  Clemente died in an airplane crash delivering supplies to earthquake victims.  Yeah...same thing.   ::)

In fact I have seen several online headlines asking if Kobe Bryant is this generation's Roberto Clemente.  Goddamn I wanna puke.  >:(  I mean...REALLY!!!??
I am puking...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/washington-post-suspends-reporter-after-kobe-bryant-rape-allegation-tweet-n1124031

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #788 on: January 30, 2020, 09:10:49 AM »
What?

Oh yeah @Walks_At_Night the comparisons are out there.  It's pathetic.  "Is Kobe the Clemente of the current generation?"  Bahahahaha!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #789 on: January 30, 2020, 09:13:01 AM »

@PB   I don't know.  LOL!  These guys put themselves on a pedestal so much that they think they are godlike.   I sure hope that LeBron can carry the burden.  Oh wait!  LeBron said God gave him wide shoulders so he could do so.  No kidding.

I hate these people.

PB

• Ellevated

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #791 on: January 30, 2020, 09:17:27 AM »
In ''Mamba: The Last Helicopter Ride'', who plays Kobe?

@PB Will Smiff

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #792 on: January 30, 2020, 09:18:03 AM »
@PB   I don't know.  LOL!  These guys put themselves on a pedestal so much that they think they are godlike.   I sure hope that LeBron can carry the burden.  Oh wait!  LeBron said God gave him wide shoulders so he could do so.  No kidding.

I hate these people.

There are a lot of reasons I no longer watch sports (ok, I did watch the NFL playoffs this year, recorded them and buzzed thru commercials.  I also watch the Tour De France, although not last year or the year before). 

ESPN did several things that helped ruin sports, one being too many interviews and us finding out too much about the players as individuals.  Far too many dumb, arrogant jerks.  Really dumb, really arrogant.  It's supposed to be fun, it isn't fun for me anymore.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #793 on: January 30, 2020, 09:20:02 AM »
I am puking...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/washington-post-suspends-reporter-after-kobe-bryant-rape-allegation-tweet-n1124031

@FISH  Hey.  The powers that be have to protect Kobe's "legacy."  ::)  That reporter needs to be reinstated.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #794 on: January 30, 2020, 09:21:13 AM »
Yeah.  Fuck that guy.  Been hearing about how kobe changed their lives, made dreams real....  WTF?   

"Made dreams real?"  Hahahahahahaha!!!  wow.