Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597507 times)

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #1770 on: December 18, 2019, 05:35:24 PM »
Food processing companies are worse, look at all the boxed, bottled, canned, and frozen crap people buy at the supermarket

Agreed
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1771 on: December 18, 2019, 05:47:25 PM »
Glad it was your fault, @Rikki Gins , and not mine. When I was in college I worked at Sears part time for a couple of years. I had a bad attitude. Lots of eyerolls and dramatic sighs. I worked in, get this, Customer Service. I might not have killed Sears (thank you, Rikki) but I probably helped put it on life support

My first job was working at Sears.  Sporting goods.   

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1772 on: December 18, 2019, 05:50:21 PM »
"The use of genetic engineering, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs), is prohibited in organic products.". USDA 2017

I refuse to eat food that is not modified.
Who wants boring old food when they could have bionic food?
I will tell you who - fools!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1773 on: December 18, 2019, 05:53:47 PM »
I refuse to eat food that is not modified.
Who wants boring old food when they could have bionic food?
I will tell you who - fools!

Extra MSG on mine please

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1775 on: December 18, 2019, 06:20:45 PM »
"The use of genetic engineering, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs), is prohibited in organic products.". USDA 2017

Trader Joe's says they have organic cut sweet corn...  From my understanding, corn seed, well ALL corn, has been genetically modified, period. I believe I've heard all marketed apples are also modified.
Eh, nevermind...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1776 on: December 18, 2019, 06:59:16 PM »
Trader Joe's says they have organic cut sweet corn...  From my understanding, corn seed, well ALL corn, has been genetically modified, period. I believe I've heard all marketed apples are also modified.

Over 90% of field corn is gmo but the amount of gmo sweet corn is not quite that high yet.

https://responsibletechnology.org/sweet-corn-non-gmo-right-read/

GMO apples didn’t even get approved until 2015 so most are non-GMO
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1777 on: December 18, 2019, 07:48:01 PM »
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1778 on: December 18, 2019, 08:05:41 PM »

(As of 2017) The corn we eat fresh is grown on only 250,000 acres. Last year only 3 to 4 percent of the sweet corn raised in the United States came from the genetically modified sweet corn seeds Syngenta, a global agribusiness company, introduced 15 years ago. Monsanto hopes to change all that.

https://livingnongmo.org/2017/07/03/

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #1779 on: December 18, 2019, 09:11:29 PM »
Monsanto and factory farms have been the death of edible food. I'm eating basically organic

Me too, most of the time. Sometimes hard when having to eat when not at home. Sigh.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1780 on: December 18, 2019, 09:28:31 PM »
It's pretty funny that everybody thinks they know exactly what they're eating. Unless you see it picked from a tree, yanked from the ground or killed and served right to your plate, you don't know shit.  Just fkn eat something and get on with your day. ::)

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1781 on: December 18, 2019, 10:40:27 PM »
It's pretty funny that everybody thinks they know exactly what they're eating. Unless you see it picked from a tree, yanked from the ground or killed and served right to your plate, you don't know shit.  Just fkn eat something and get on with your day. ::)

Eat a normal at the grocery store GMO tomato. Then eat an heirloom tomato. If you can't tell the difference you need to get your tongue re-surfaced. And chicken with all the hormones and antibiotics? Even looks more like Chickenzilla than a real chicken

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1782 on: December 18, 2019, 10:43:17 PM »
Me too, most of the time. Sometimes hard when having to eat when not at home. Sigh.

I'm not militant about it but I definitely prefer organic

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1783 on: December 18, 2019, 10:53:39 PM »

Eat a normal at the grocery store GMO tomato. Then eat an heirloom tomato.
One tastes like God made it, one taste like man made it. Believe me I know the difference. I'll take the GOD tomato thank you very much. And as far as meat goes, you're talking to a FARM penis boy. I know and taste the difference. I was just pointing out that Ian stole my lunch in grade eight and I've never forgiven him. Geeesh mannnnn!!!!  Good! Night!!!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1784 on: December 19, 2019, 04:12:59 AM »
This is an argument often made, but I think incorrect. Corn and many other plants have been selectively bred for certain qualities. That’s quite different than inserting a rat gene into a tomato as happens with GMO.
Merry Christmas