Author Topic: Ask Bart Anything  (Read 795361 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Ask Bart Anything
« Reply #4020 on: February 01, 2021, 12:34:57 PM »
Terms accepted.

Men really do hate decorative pillows on the bed, don't they?

The whole concept is misguided.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4021 on: February 01, 2021, 01:26:34 PM »
Terms accepted.
Men really do hate decorative pillows on the bed, don't they?

I have none. I have pillows, but they are purposeful in terms of sleeping. Why would one put decorative pillows on a bed? Who is the decoration for? Visitors? They must be removed at sleep time? Where do they go? What if they fall on the floor and there is a loud noise that needs investigating? Or a bathroom visit needed, why one could certainly trip and fall over such decorative pillows. Maybe twist and ankle even and then have to have surgery which is no picnic I can tell you. Why not rent some decorative pillows, apply them and then take a photo. OR have an oil painter come along and paint the decorated bed. IF the painting was done on a large bedspread you could then put the painted bed spread on the bed and have the look of decorated pillows but none of the danger.
 :D

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #4022 on: February 01, 2021, 02:16:52 PM »
I have none. I have pillows, but they are purposeful in terms of sleeping. Why would one put decorative pillows on a bed? Who is the decoration for? Visitors? They must be removed at sleep time? Where do they go? What if they fall on the floor and there is a loud noise that needs investigating? Or a bathroom visit needed, why one could certainly trip and fall over such decorative pillows. Maybe twist and ankle even and then have to have surgery which is no picnic I can tell you. Why not rent some decorative pillows, apply them and then take a photo. OR have an oil painter come along and paint the decorated bed. IF the painting was done on a large bedspread you could then put the painted bed spread on the bed and have the look of decorated pillows but none of the danger.

This person speaks real sense. I demand that she be investigated, fired from her job, and deplatformed for speaking the truth.

Thats just not acceptable anymore.

Don't you agree @Bart Ell ?

;D ::) :o :D ;D
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #4023 on: February 01, 2021, 03:20:11 PM »
Or maybe you could just dress up like a decorative pillow and then lie about on the bed all day. I may go this route. It sounds like less work and more fun than the painting route. Plus, online shopping could happen. There would have to be mandatory bathroom breaks. And food brought in, of course. Hmm, this pillow thing is a lot of work. Maybe the men and @anniem are right.....
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4024 on: February 01, 2021, 03:24:52 PM »
This person speaks real sense. I demand that she be investigated, fired from her job, and deplatformed for speaking the truth.

Thats just not acceptable anymore.

Don't you agree @Bart Ell ?

;D ::) :o :D ;D

The whole concept is misguided.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4025 on: February 02, 2021, 06:30:10 PM »
Bart found a song called Angleton by Biting Elbows the other day. The subject of the song is John Jesus Angleton, who was chief of Counter-Intelligence at the CIA for 20+ years. The lyrics are here. It does a decent job of covering Angleton's career - crushing the communists in Italy after WWII,  rooting out Soviet moles in the U.S. and never really recovering after his British friend, Kim Philby was proven to be a KGB agent.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Question is, have you seen anything weirder used as subject matter for a song?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4026 on: February 02, 2021, 06:47:36 PM »

Question is, have you seen anything weirder used as subject matter for a song?

Yes. Subdivisions, Trees and pretty much anything Rush ever recorded.

Also - I saw Biting Elbows on September 18, 2012 in Moscow.
Saw may be stretching it - I was in the same venue and probably heard them from the production office and maybe during soundcheck.

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #4027 on: February 02, 2021, 10:00:39 PM »
Bart I was listening to the police scanner and a call went out about a lady who was having a mental health crisis--she thought her whole family had been replaced by clowns (no, really) and she had been sleeping with a baseball under her bed for protection.

Should this be posted in the "Thread about the Falkie Thread" or just in the "Falkie Thread" proper?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4028 on: February 03, 2021, 04:28:26 AM »
Bart I was listening to the police scanner and a call went out about a lady who was having a mental health crisis--she thought her whole family had been replaced by clowns (no, really) and she had been sleeping with a baseball under her bed for protection.

Should this be posted in the "Thread about the Falkie Thread" or just in the "Falkie Thread" proper?

It is best to be safe and post it in both.
Maybe even start a third for it.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4029 on: February 03, 2021, 09:13:25 AM »
Yes. Subdivisions, Trees and pretty much anything Rush ever recorded.

Also - I saw Biting Elbows on September 18, 2012 in Moscow.
Saw may be stretching it - I was in the same venue and probably heard them from the production office and maybe during soundcheck.

Here I thought I had discovered something new and different, turns out that the Bart not only knows of Biting Elbows but has been onsite so to speak with them.

I guess Tom Sawyer is a rather weird topic for a song too so I can see where you are coming from with the Rush angle. Counter intelligence is still pretty atypical.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4030 on: February 03, 2021, 11:02:33 AM »
Counter intelligence is still pretty atypical.

It is but lots of Russian lyrics are pretty trippy, especially when they write in English.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #4031 on: February 03, 2021, 11:20:35 AM »

She kept the baseball under her bed for protection. Where did she keep the baseball bat?

Sometimes I think the whole Ellgab forum has been replaced by clowns or large blood-sucking bees. And I am their Queen
A summer queen is not born, she is made through adversity and strength - Elizabeth Chadwick

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4032 on: February 03, 2021, 11:23:06 AM »
Replaced?
Merry Christmas

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #4033 on: February 03, 2021, 11:34:27 AM »
She kept the baseball under her bed for protection. Where did she keep the baseball bat?

Sometimes I think the whole Ellgab forum has been replaced by clowns or large blood-sucking bees. And I am their Queen

I misplaced the bat when I was typing, I've looked everywhere for it! I should have had it right there after the word "baseball."

Replaced?

Yes. The dispatcher clearly said replaced. I listened for any follow-up but nothing else was broadcast. I sure hope Tulsa isn't starting to get run over by a bunch of replacing clowns! The regular clowns are bad enough!

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4034 on: February 04, 2021, 02:11:56 AM »
I misplaced the bat when I was typing, I've looked everywhere for it! I should have had it right there after the word "baseball."

Yes. The dispatcher clearly said replaced. I listened for any follow-up but nothing else was broadcast. I sure hope Tulsa isn't starting to get run over by a bunch of replacing clowns! The regular clowns are bad enough!

Led by the self-appointed, Clownmander In Cheat - Jobama.  ::) ;D