Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 125568 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #510 on: January 17, 2022, 05:20:19 AM »
I would have thought so too @ShayP . The Chiefs were pretty lackluster this season. But then today ... Bam!

For some reason my gut told me the Steelers could pull the upset.  @TigerLily   Oh well.  My gut lied to me.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #511 on: January 17, 2022, 05:34:27 AM »
Then you would have felt sorry for Ty Cobb, I'm guessing.

Fuck Ben with a vibrating porcupine.  He is a tactless, selfish, belligerent dickhead.  Not everyone deserves a loving sendoff.  The NFL will be better without him.

Ty Cobb wasn't as bad as the legend goes.  That's for another thread though.

I'm not a Big Ben fan.  He is a dickhead.  Being a lifelong Steelers fan I was a fan of "the talent", but not him.  He's always bee a jerk but you know how it goes with these guys.  They get put on a pedestal.  I'm glad he'll be gone.  Time for a change.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #512 on: January 17, 2022, 05:39:24 AM »
Why does everyone hate the Cowboys?

For me, it's #1 - I'm a Steelers fan.  #2 - Their fans are insufferable.  #3 - "America's team."  The Steelers were actually given the nickname first and the owner, Art Rooney, wanted no part of it.  #4 - Again, the fans.  Most I've met are just band waggoners.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #513 on: January 17, 2022, 05:43:50 AM »
I kind of hate the Seahawks. I had a love/hate thing with the Chargers that eventually turned into hate/hate. Though I'm tentatively giving them a second chance. Why does everyone hate the Cowboys?

I hate the Seahawks and the Chargers.  I'm still scarred by seeing Franco Harris end his career in a Seahawks jersey.  I think the only player I liked on that team was Steve Largent.  Every time I think of the Chargers I think of their playoff win against the Steelers.  They should've stayed in San Diego though.  I actually feel bad for the fans.

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #514 on: January 17, 2022, 08:55:29 AM »
Last time the 49ers had a playoff game at Lambeau, Colin Kapernik had 98 yards on 7 carries.  Plus a few more (188) passing...

That was at Candlestick, or whatever it was called then.

I'm hoping for Bengals-49ers III in the Super Bowl, but with a different outcome this time.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #515 on: January 17, 2022, 10:05:17 AM »
I bought a TV for my room so I could watch the Seahawks when they first came into the league (my father hated sports and wouldn't let us watch games on Sunday afternoon).

They were fun as hell to watch, being an expansion team, they gamboled a lot and always had a bunch of trick plays.  Then they became ordinary, I moved here...

I quit paying attention to them, but when they got that cheater from USC, with all his dirty play and players, I went from not caring to them being one of the teams I hate.  Their jackass fans aren't helping.

I hated them because their stadium won them too many games. Now everyone has a stadium like that. Pete Caroll gets on my last nerve. I used to hate them because they were always the team the Rams had to get through. Now it's Arizona (Arizona?)All fans are jerks. It's the $5.00 beer. I love how the Chargers always have more visiting team fans than their own
A summer queen is not born, she is made through adversity and strength - Elizabeth Chadwick

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #516 on: January 17, 2022, 10:17:39 AM »
I hate the Seahawks and the Chargers.  I'm still scarred by seeing Franco Harris end his career in a Seahawks jersey.  I think the only player I liked on that team was Steve Largent.  Every time I think of the Chargers I think of their playoff win against the Steelers.  They should've stayed in San Diego though.  I actually feel bad for the fans.

Not this fan. I think we voted them out of San Diego. They wanted a new stadium. Hell no. Their management are bastards
A summer queen is not born, she is made through adversity and strength - Elizabeth Chadwick

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #517 on: January 17, 2022, 10:22:14 AM »
I hate every team that moves away from the fans.

We pushed them out. It was a relief to get rid of them

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #518 on: January 17, 2022, 10:23:23 AM »
You mean Ted Williams, right?

Shows how much I know about baseball. And frozen heads

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #519 on: January 17, 2022, 10:30:21 AM »
For me, it's #1 - I'm a Steelers fan.  #2 - Their fans are insufferable.  #3 - "America's team."  The Steelers were actually given the nickname first and the owner, Art Rooney, wanted no part of it.  #4 - Again, the fans.  Most I've met are just band waggoners.

Those are all good reasons. I thought that America's Team thing was stupid. I notice you don't hear that anymore. Did you see the rush to get in the doors when they opened them? They all acted like a bunch of jerks. Yes. Insufferable

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #520 on: January 17, 2022, 10:40:59 AM »
All this Chargers talk reminds me of the second best game that I ever watched. Chargers at Miami. Chargers jump out to a 24 to 0 lead at the end of the 1st quarter. Shula sends in Don Strock of the bench and throws for 400 yards in 3 quarters and the Dolphins tie the game at 38 to 38 with a chance to win on a last second field goal.  Winslow whom had had a good of a game that a tight end could ever have then blocks von Schamann's kick and the Chargers win in over time.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #521 on: January 17, 2022, 10:52:26 AM »
I hated them because their stadium won them too many games. Now everyone has a stadium like that. Pete Caroll gets on my last nerve. I used to hate them because they were always the team the Rams had to get through. Now it's Arizona (Arizona?)All fans are jerks. It's the $5.00 beer. I love how the Chargers always have more visiting team fans than their own

By ''all fans are jerks'', you mean the crowd as a whole, right, not every single person?  The crowds everywhere are full of drunk idiots, but some fan bases far out do others. 

Philly fans and the fans at the games in some of the other northeast big cities can generally get pretty bad.  During the Montana/Young era the 49er fans were famously known for sitting on their asses and ''drinking Chablis'', i.e. sitting there emotionless and not supporting the team the way the players thought they should.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #522 on: January 17, 2022, 10:54:01 AM »
Not this fan. I think we voted them out of San Diego. They wanted a new stadium. Hell no. Their management are bastards

I don't think the taxpayers should be paying for stadiums either.

They left on their own, they could have built their own stadium and stayed.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #523 on: January 17, 2022, 10:54:31 AM »
All this Chargers talk reminds me of the second best game that I ever watched. Chargers at Miami. Chargers jump out to a 24 to 0 lead at the end of the 1st quarter. Shula sends in Don Strock of the bench and throws for 400 yards in 3 quarters and the Dolphins tie the game at 38 to 38 with a chance to win on a last second field goal.  Winslow whom had had a good of a game that a tight end could ever have then blocks von Schamann's kick and the Chargers win in over time.

Ah Walks. That is like sooo many Chargers games but not quite. Chargers comfortably ahead. Then in the last quarter it shrinks to nothing. A battle at the end even unto overtime. Chargers lose. I've seen that scenario over and over again. I hat'em. I am a bitter woman. The Chargers left us? We left them. Good riddance

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #524 on: January 17, 2022, 10:56:25 AM »
That was at Candlestick, or whatever it was called then...

You're right, that game was at Candlestick, it was the following year SF beat them in Green Bay.

I don't think the 49ers have much chance at Green Bay, they have an impressive home record in the playoffs.