Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 31860 times)

Robert

• KNYE
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #465 on: October 06, 2020, 09:11:27 AM »
My late friend Charlie noted that my dreams often involved cartoon characters -- sometimes established ones, other times characters original to me.  Last night I had Superman and Batman in one dream, and Woody Woodpecker in another.

Robert

• KNYE
« Reply #466 on: November 11, 2020, 05:54:05 AM »
Last night a dream that followed a pattern I frequently have of being both first- and third-person, in this case a TV show or the making of one.  I was experiencing it as both a viewer and an actor.  Clay Pigeon of WFMU explained to me (as part of the show, I think) that the show was spun off from radio characters he'd created, and that of course he (who did not appear in scenes I was in) was the star.  I was a 7th grade student whose dwelling (in an elevator building) was also his school, befitting the times, and he also worked at a Baskin-Robbins, and was commuting to and from somewhere else unspecified by train.  He/I carried around a carton packed with at least 5 flavors of ice cream, and ate from it with a Baskin-Robbins spoon all day.  This is another example of how all my senses can be in play in a dream, as I both saw the colors of and tasted the different ice creams as I spooned them out; one of them even had chocolate syrup swirls.

Robert

• KNYE
« Reply #467 on: November 17, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »
Last night I dreamed I had cable TV hooked up, but one channel, which had Donald Trump on it, was coming in with a variable diagonal "tear" in it as if horizontal hold was off kilter.  The other channels were coming in normally.  The screwed-up channel, however, had a good picture when I put in a longer cable in place of the coax that'd been there.  Then I dreamed I had awakened and was explaining it here: that just that one channel's content, albeit starting digitally, was converted to NTSC for distribution by cable, but that the "blacker than black" signal was suppressed but flyback could be synchronized by the right length of cable.